Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhana SharmaYour feedback matters!
Sir I'm 35 week pregnant. At 33 week my infant position was OK with head down in ultrasound. But now at 35 doctor say that child is breech. Is it possible what to do now or can I go for another ultrasound. Can my child will be at right position during pregnancy.
My mother is suffering from giant fibroadenoma in her left breast. One doctor has said to take a medicine for one month to cure it and others advised for operation. Should I go for operation or should I try medicines?
Sir, I have sex unprotected with my girlfriend. My girlfriend mensuration cycle end and I have sex two days later. She eat unwanted 72 with in one hour. Get she pregnancy please tell me. I am very worried about this case. Please help me.
I am 6 weeks pregnant and I am unable to take any medicines due to nausea. Is there any other option by which I can take those tablets via syringe or any kind of glucose will help me? Unable to take folic acid tablet also. please let me what should I do.
I have had sex with my aunt daughter on 6th of this month without protection and she had 1st time with me. But I didn't ejaculate in vagina. I'd used withdrawal method. Is there any chances of pregnancy and what should I do now. Her period cycle started from 29 of every month.
I am a 26 year old female. I had unprotected sex with my fianc on the night of 19th. I took an i-pill the very morning and I am guessing within 14 hours of the act. I was due on 29th april but I haven't had my period yet. Can I be pregnant? we are very scared, please help!
I m a 18year old female and I have missed by periods my 10 days and I m having regular stomach aches nd uneasiness. For few weeks I have also had morning sickness like problems. I m confused whether I m pregnant?
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
Iam 28 yrs old female, when i was 1(1/2) month pregnant, i was done usg and found that there was a sub chronic bleeding inside. So i consult a doctor, doctor recommends me to take progesterone hormone tablet and prolution injection once in a week .After 2(1/2) month once again i done usg, a semi pac is noticed. Now iam continuing the medicine itself. now i am 3 months , doctor recommended to take injection twice in a week.folic acid IFA is also taking too. In future any problems will be in the child.
I am 9 th month pregnant. Itching on my hands and legs. After applying olive oil feeling better. Is there any problem by this itching.
I have been suffering for 1 week side breast pain near arm pit while sleeping my age is 25 years old.
Painful or difficult intercourse is either caused by psychological or medical factors, such as dyspareunia. It is commonly known as painful intercourse due to various reasons and persistant pain in the pelvis region is a sign of it.
What causes dyspareunia?
The causes of dyspareunia can vary, depending on when the pain occurs; during deep thrusting or penetration. Sometimes, emotional factors contribute to the cause as well.
1. Entry pain
Pain during penetration may be caused by the following factors:
- Insufficient lubrication: Inadequate foreplay can result in insufficient lubrication. Breast-feeding, menopause or childbirth can also cause inadequate lubrication.
- Irritation, trauma or injury: This includes irritation or injury from pelvic surgery, an accident, female circumcision or episiotomy (incision made at the time of childbirth to expand the birth canal).
- Skin disorder, infection or inflammation: Infections in the urinary tract or genital organs can result in painful intercourse. Skin problems such as eczema can also add to dyspareunia.
- Vaginismus: Uncontrollable vaginal wall muscle spasms can make penetration extremely painful.
- Congenital abnormality: Problems during birth, such as lack of a fully-developed vagina or underdevelopment of the hymen are some underlying causes.
2. Deep pain
Deep thrusting can be attributed to the following causes:
- Certain conditions and illnesses: These include ovarian cysts, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus), retroverted uterus (uterus that is tilted), uterine prolapse (a condition characterized by the uterus sagging from its usual position), pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis (uterus lining tissues growing outside one’s uterus).
- Medical treatment or surgeries: Medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation or surgeries like hysterectomy (a surgical technique to remove either a part or whole of the womb) can result in dyspareunia.
3. Emotional factors
- Psychological problems: Depression, anxiety, body image issues, relationship problems or intimacy fears can affect arousal and result in pain.
- Stress: Pelvic floor muscles are affected by stress. This contributes to pain during sex.
- Past sexual abuse: Dyspareunia commonly develops in women who have been abused in the past.
The symptoms of painful intercourse include:
1. Pain only during entry (Sexual penetration)
2. Any penetrative activity is painful; even inserting a tampon becomes painful
3. Sudden sensation of pain, especially if sex before was painless
4. Deep pain while thrusting
5. Aching or burning pain
6. Throbbing pain, persisting hours after sex
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.