Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I got piles operated 2 months back, was alright but now I am facing the swelling problem with pain on the other side which was not operated, now I am feeling like I am facing the piles again, what should I do doctor?
If we avoid lunch at afternoon and have dinner and breakfast any thing happens any health problem will cause or not.
Hello in last few days in the evening my head is paining so much only in the middle and front eye side. I take few pain killer bur still its not solved. What should I do.
I am 36 years old. While defecating white sticky liquid emerges for past several months.What i need to do?
I am 30 years old .i am having a doubt me and my wife have sex in her period time of 5th day. She bleeds during sex and the blood spreads overs my pennis is there any cause of getting hiv or aids .we both don't have aids and I am having doubt. Is there any chance to get hiv during period when she bleeds. Please answer my question as soon as possible.
I am so fat what would I do to have a healthy life style and also have stomach pain I have my family doctor but he is not able to detect my disease.
Hello Doctor. Please let me know the Diet that we have to follow at the time of high blood sugar. To my surprise it's 304 for my father 2hrs after eating. Kindly suggest me with specifics since I'm sick of having heard general tips. Daily Food tips!
What is the window period to go for a check for all the STD / HIV? What are the symptoms we should b afraid of with in two weeks of the sexual intercourse.
With the new fad to eat fatfree foods and remain healthy, the intent is to completely avoid fat. However, it is to be noted that fat is essential for various normal body functions, starting from proper brain functioning to hormone formation. What needs to be avoided is the unhealthy bad fat. Fat contains fatty acids, which are of two types-saturated and unsaturated. When heated, the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) react with the oxygen in the environment and get damaged. These are to be avoided. The saturated fatty acids are relatively strong and do not oxidize or create damage. So, the next time you pick up oils, this is what you need to look at.
The good thing about olive oils is that it mostly contains monosaturated fatty acids (MSFA), which does not oxidize even at high temperatures (almost 180 degree Celsius).Another study showed that with deep frying using olive oil, it takes about 25 hours to produce the same damage as other cooking oils. Olive oil is produced by crushing olives.It can be refined or unrefined based on the amount of free oleic acid (lesser in the unrefined version).The unrefined form is the purer form, which is also known as extra-virgin olive oil. It has the aroma and flavor of olives and characteristic bitter taste.
What it contains: A can of 100 g of olive oil contains the following. Note the high content of monosaturated fat is present, which is highly healthy.
- Monounsaturated Fat: About 70%
- Saturated fat:About 13%
- Omega-6:About 10%
- Omega-3:About 1%
- Vitamin E:72% of the RDA.
- Vitamin K:75% of the RDA.
Some of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil are listed below:
- Anti-inflammatory: Heart disease, cancers, diabetes, Alzheimer's are all chronic inflammatory conditions and using olive oil for prolonged periods can reduce the onset and severity of these conditions. The oleic acid acts against the C-reactive protein responsible for spreading inflammation.
- Antioxidants: The ingredients in olive oil including the anti-inflammatory oleocanthal and oleuropein are known for their antioxidant properties.The latter is what prevents oxidation of olive oil when heated. These have powerful health benefits and can help fight severe diseases.
- Cardio-friendly: There are various ways in which olive oil helps the heart, some of them being reduced inflammation, preventing blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, improving blood vessel lining, and improves LDL levels.
- Cancer: With its oxidative properties, it reduces the amount of free radicals in the body, thereby reducing cancer.
- Brain function: Olive oil also reduces cognitive functioning and reduces formation of beta amyloid which is seen in Alzheimer's disease.
The Mediterranean diet is rich in olive oil and they have inherited these health benefits over centuries.
Hello sir/ma'am, I yash thakur. I am suffering from cough and cold for a long time. Please suggest me what should I do. Should I do homeopathic?
Hi. I am 28 yr old female unmarried. Currently I m facing a sinus problem since 7yrs to large extent with symptoms of headache, nossy watery flow, coldache. And to get immediate response I m very much addicted nd very much rely to allopatheic tablets like cetrizine use to great extent. Please proper suggest me with better homeopathic medicinal treatment in order to get ride off from the heavy use of cetrizine tablets.
Sir, I am from Bangalore. I have a problem with my left foot and it has been diagnosed as CHARCOT FOOT on stage II. on 14.05.2014 I met with a small accident in which the front wheel of a car brushed my left foot which resulted in two small fractures which were not treated well during that time. Many ortho surgeons suggested that there is nothing wrong with the foot and I can walk normally. But my pain did not subside. My diabetologist suspected it to be Charcot foot and later it was confirmed. on the advise of a foot surgeon from M.V.Diabetic Centre, Royapuram, Chennai now I am using pneumatic shoe since 19.12.2014 (Ottobock-Germany)and I am not taking even one step with out the shoe. I will not have pain when I walk with the pneumatic shoe. Since last four months I am taking calcium tablets. Now I need your help in knowing the following. 1. Whether this Charcot foot is curable fully, if it can be, how long does it take. 2.Whether I can have normal physical activity using the pneumatic shoe. 3.is there any probability of the recurrence in case it cured and whether there is any possibility of the other foot being effected. 4. Or there any better alternative than the pneumatic shoe. 5. How I should conduct myself as for as my normal walking is concerned.
I have cough in my chest when I breathe through mouth my chest sound like there is lot of mucus in my chest. It is happening from 1 week. I had clod dat time please suggest me.
I got infected from T.B , Bacteria in year 2004,And due to T.B i started getting Mild Epilepsy attack.Is there any medication which could permanently cure me of both problens,as i am not infected since birth,I assume there should be Some medication to cure both these decease permanently ?
I 've been having burning sensation in my throat before, during & sometimes after meals. What do I do?
Asthma is a common disease, characterized by the inflammation of the airways. These airways are responsible for the passage of air and therefore their inflammation causes shortness of breath and extreme discomfort. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways to deal with this problem, Ayurveda with its emphasis on natural remedies has emerged as a clear favorite. According to Ayurveda, it is the stomach that is the source of all chronic diseases. The science believes that as impurities accumulate in our system, diseases like asthma come to the fore.
The different ways by which Ayurveda treats asthma are:
- Maintaining a proper diet: Since stomach is identified as the source of most diseases, any attempt to treat them should begin from the stomach itself. Ayurveda believes that those foods, which are easy to digest, inevitably helps in relieving you from the bouts of asthma. The concept that operates behind this is that easily digestible food provides nutrients, which are further absorbed by the tissues. This helps in rebuilding the strong strength as well as keeps the stomach in a sound condition.
- Herbal oil massage: A daily massage with herbal oil has always proved to have an extremely soothing and a calming effect on your system. Ideally the massage should be performed before taking a bath as it increases the blood circulation and pacify the nervous system.
- Exercise: Ayurveda is perhaps the only branch of medicine that gives equal priority to medications as well as exercises. It is believed that stretching and those exercises that facilitate flexibility can markedly reduce bouts of asthma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.