Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Sabyasachi BalYour feedback matters!
How a smoker can keep his lungs in a good condition without hampering smoking for at least of minimum of five cigarettes in a whole day?
I am suffering from dry cough for last two weeks and have chest pain whenever I cough hardly. Can you give suggestion for my recovery.
I got COPD, my stamina has gone down completely. How can I get it back again? At the age of 63 is it advisable to run for building up of stamina?
Hi doctor, I am suffering from sinus problem from my childhood I had taken many medications for this but I am not cured so can you please help me.
Hi, my girlfriend is suffering from dry cough, running rose and her body gets hot in the night not in day time, what will be the reason? Is it due to climate change or any other seasonal flu?
I feel tired when I do stressful exercise now-a-days. I can feel sputum in my brochiole which makes me somewhat difficult to breath. thorough I don't cough involuntarily rather than clearing my sputum. I have even completed a course of amoxicillin 500mg BD. Please suggest me a cure.
I am 25 years female. I have breathing problem. But I don't have asthma problem. I have cold and dust allergy. I use seroflo inhaler 250. But I don't feel that my problem has gonE. Should I change my inhaler? Is there Ayurveda have any solution for these problem.
I am having synex problem from many years specially in winters. Always having cough problem. Please give me better treatment to avoid this disease.
I'm having cough and cold problem with headache. It is paining alot in my chest while coughing. Please advise me for immediate recovery.
I want to ask that my brother is having cough" khasi" frm last two months all the test r done bt there is no sign of anything I want to know the real issue what is the reason of this?
Hello I am 21 yr old male and I am suffering from cough many time in a year I have done tonsillectomy before 12 year. What should I do? please help me out.
She has dry cough and cold very severely since a month what should I do? I gave her many cough syrups but it did nothing.
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
2. Allium Cepa: Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.