Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Anesthesiologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Sabih AhmedYour feedback matters!
The lower back or the lumbar area is the region that lies right below the rib cage. Pain in the lower back is usually a result of persistent muscle spasms that make it a chronic pain. While many people suffer from this kind of pain at some point at the other, there are few who actually take up exercise as a long-term solution to deal with the pain. A proper exercise schedule and regular yoga can actually strengthen your lower back and help it support the spinal cord in a better manner. Also, most orthopedic specialists recommend constant movement to alleviate the painful symptoms of lower back pain. Do go through this list of exercises to find one that suits you.
- Partial Crunches: This one requires you to lie down, prop your knees up with your feet firmly on the ground and your hands behind your head. Now bring your body partially up and stop shy of doing a full on sit up. This will help in relaxing the muscles in the lower back, to a great extent.
- Hamstring Stretches: Get on your back and prop up one knee. Take a towel and loop it under the ball of your other foot. Now lift and hold as you press your foot into the towel, to gradually relieve some of that stress as it plays on your lower back.
- Ankle and heels: The classic ankle pump involves lying flat on your back and stretching your feet before you begin to move your ankles in an up and down motion. Repeat it ten times for each set. You can combine this exercise with the heel slide where you have bend and straighten your knee ten times each, in the same position as you lie flat on your back.
- Wall Squats: While actual squats can be painful if you are suffering from lower back pain, you can take the support of a nearby wall for squats that will work the muscles in a more soothing manner and give you a good workout at the same time.
Touching your toes, running on the treadmill, sit-ups and other forms of intense exercise that make the back work too hard should be avoided if you are suffering from lower back pain.
Mere lower back se Lekr upper shoulder and back bone me last 10 days se bahut pain h.please suggest a good doctor.in Firozabad.
I am 24 years old. I have a pain on my back when I get to sleep and after wake up I have great headache. Everyday this same is repeating. Why this happens? Any remedies?
I feel very much pain in my foots and ankle. Dr. says me that this is planter type something prob. I hav bullion also in both feet. I am very much uncomfortable. I cannot wear any shoes slippers also. Outer ares of foots became red and feel pin type pain .what I do .
Hi. I am 27 year old male. To add to my workout routine every morning, I would like to perform squats, as squats strengthen legs and workout total body. But there are controversies that squats may injure knees over the long run. Can you please suggest whether I can add squats to my workout routine? To add, I am already doing them for two weeks and I am feeling very good. My metabolism seems to improve and feeling light for the complete day.
I have a knee pain. I have done x-ray and no problem shown in x-ray. But the pain increases when I stand in kitchen for sometime or sit in chair. Pls help.
I am 25 year male and I have feel pain in my right chest when I stretch my arm. What should I need to do?
Hello sir/madam , I am 27 years old .my name is paras patel I was feeling so much pain in backache last few months so please Tell me what can I do for this pain.
My wife complains frequent pain in neck and right shoulder blade. What cloud be the possible reasons? Vitamin deficiency? Body posture? Low bone density?
Hi my mother is 50 years old and suffering from knee pain I have checked with orthopedic Dr. But he saying there is gap of bones and operation is only one solution so requested to you kindly help of this issue and avoid operation. Second thing my mother is suffering from from sugar & high BP.
She is having a swelling on her face and severe pain in hands and feet. She use to say she has pain in nerves not in bone or any joint. Please also suggest us in which medical department we take her or it is due to menopause.
Your shoulder is one of the most overused joints in the body and thus is at a higher risk of contracting an injury. Shoulder pain may lead to mobility issues where moving your arms may become extremely difficult. The shoulder consists of three parts, viz. the shoulder blade, collarbone and the upper arm bone. Shoulder pain may result from an injury to any of these areas.
The various causes of shoulder pain are:
- Impingement: Impingement of the shoulder muscle occurs when the top of the shoulder impinges on the rotator cuff muscles. This condition can lead to severe pain in the shoulder.
- Bursitis: Bursa is a fluid filled sac that cushions the bones and help in preventing friction. Bursitis is a disorder that results in inflammation of the bursa, thus resulting in shoulder pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is a condition that is characterized by gradual wear and tear of the tendon. Usually the rotator cuff tendons in the shoulder are affected by this condition.
- Instability of the shoulder: Shoulder instability is a disorder of the shoulder wherein the upper arm bone dislocates from its socket. This can cause excessive pain in the shoulder.
- Fractures: A fracture in the bones of the shoulder results in excruciating shoulder pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disorder that leads to inflammation in the joints, thus resulting in pain and impaired movement of the joint.
Treatment: The treatment for shoulder pain consists of medications and physiotherapy. You may also be asked to discontinue any strenuous activity that requires shoulder movement. Medications such as NSAIDs are prescribed to help in controlling the pain. Various stretches of the shoulder are also recommended to improve shoulder flexibility and mobility.
Tips: Do exercises such as the overhead press with light weights to improve your shoulder strength. Also make sure to include certain external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles.