Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Vedi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S VediYour feedback matters!
My last period cycle was on 5th January 2017. I was having PCOD Issue and my husband has a low sperm count as we are planning for baby from last 3 years. Till day before yesterday there is period not happened. Yesterday we had a kit test which showed positive then we did HCG, BETA, TOTAL, PREGNANCY test which even shows positive result. Where as when today morning we did the ultrasound our doctor said there is nothing identified in scanning. So my doctor asked to take Complete bed rest and prescribed MCBM 69 and Dubagest sr. And asked us to do the rescan after 2 weeks. I am a bit worried now. Can any one suggest what should I do. Do I need to consult another doc or should I wait?
Parenting is not at all an easy task to do and hence, it’s one of the most researched areas in social science today. If you happen to be the parent, just ask yourself what you really want from your kid. Healthy parenting can go a long way in shaping your child’s health, both physical and psychological. The confident adult that your child grows up to be can greatly be influenced by the decisions you take as a parent and the various parenting choices you make. Just the perfect mix of love, affection, authority and strict handedness are all what it takes to try and be the best parent for your little one.
How can discipline and liberty go hand in hand?
We all learn from our mistakes, don’t we? Similarly your child will! Hence, every time your child runs around the house trying to fiddle and explore, don’t run after him. Let him be. Watch him try and fail, fall and get up, and you shall be doing him a world of good that way. Parenting is not about taking charge of anything and everything your child does and clipping his wings of passion; instead, it’s about having faith in your child and teaching him to value freedom and use it the right way. This way, you get to teach your child resilience and how to be self-reliant.
How can healthy parenting positively affect the parents?
Wouldn’t it be great if your children grow up to become responsible citizens, loved and honored by all? And if your kid really learns to respect freedom and become disciplined from an early age, it just saves your sanity and emotional balance too!
Healthy parenting is a gradual process
Healthy parenting is a habit that the parents and the kids should grow with. These can be achieved by:
- You may be the corporate honcho, but try and be the daddy dearest for your blue eyed boy. Get back home, play with him and see all inhibitions disappear.
- Cuddle up with your baby and a book and read out to him every day! Your voice will affect him positively and he would probably want to hear of you more. This induces imagination and creative power in the child and may make him an avid reader in the future.
- Make simple yet grand memories with your baby and he is sure to never forget them; can be as simple as going out for an outdoor game every weekend or swimming together on Sundays.
- Lead by example. Show him with your behavior and practicality the way you would want him/her to be later on in life. Make sure he learns and learns the right things by watching you. If your child sees you tackle and come out of a sticky situation with a cool head on your shoulders, he’s sure to imbibe the attitude in him as well. Be the captain your child needs, and he shall score big.
- Saying how much you love her a thousand times a day is not what’s really needed. Rather, be there for her when she’s down and out, the times when she would need you the most. Don’t rely on only words to forge memories with her. You can do a lot more than that.
- And lastly, try and make your child inculcate in him the belief that it's not always important to do the right things, rather try and do things right. Street-smartness is something your little beloved will ever thank you for.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 39 weeks pregnant. From today I am having contractions with backache in every 3-5 mins and in the evening started bleeding. But baby did not dropped yet. What to do? Now how much I am near to the true active labour? Expected delivery time?
I am 24 age and female I have pcod problem since 6 years. Now doctor said to me it's in cronical stage what should I do?
I'm pregnant of 5th week and I always have headache and vomiting. What can I do?Already check-up by doctor and prefer some medicine but headache and vomiting continue?
I love a girl more than me and she too. We also date 2-3 times. We are going to marry in next 2-3 year but the only problem is that her age is 1 year more than me. She is 20 and I'm just 19. Is there any problem in future physically or sasexually or any other problem in our relationship? Sir please help me.
The lower part of uterus, which eventually leads into the vagina in the female reproductive system in humans is called the cervix uteri or in simple words, cervix. The inflammation of this part of the reproductive system is called Cervicitis.
Inflammation in the cervix is caused due to irritation, infection or injury to the cells, which align the cervix. Any one of a number of infections, mainly sexually transmitted diseases can cause cervicitis, of which the most common are chlamydia , mycoplasma , ureaplasma and gonorrhea. Chlamydia accounts for almost 40% of the total cases. Less common causes of cervicitis are Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas vaginalis) and Genital herpes. Other than STDs, causes for Cervicitis include allergies, bacterial imbalance, injury or irritation resulting from pessaries, tampons, hormonal imbalance and even cancer or its treatment (radiation therapy).
Some cases of cervicitis in women can be symptomless. However, in most cases, symptoms are present, and they include:
1. Persistence of gray or white vaginal discharge that may or may not smell
2. Vaginal bleeding under certain conditions eg. in between periods or after sex
3. Pain during intercourse
5. Difficulty or pain during urination
6. In rare cases, fever or pain in the abdomen
Cervicitis has no typical form of treatment. Treatment may not be needed in cases where the cause is not a sexually transmitted infection. On suspicion of an infection, the main objectives of the treatment are the removal of the infection and obstructing its spread to the fallopian tubes and uterus, or in case of pregnancy, to the baby.
The medical prescription issued by your doctor would depend on the organism, which is causing the infection. It may include Antibiotics, Antifungal medications or Antiviral medications. Cryosurgery, a process, which freezes the abnormal cells in the cervix using freezing temperatures, may also be performed by your doctor. In severe cases, where there is damage to the cervical cells, your doctor can apply silver nitrate (destroys abnormal cells).
Recommendations from your doctor may also ask your partner to be treated so as to prevent recurrence of the disease and to avoid intercourse as long as the treatment is in process. Treatment is mandatory if you are tested to be HIV positive. Moreover, having cervicitis makes you more prone to receive the virus from a HIV positive partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.