Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.SinghiYour feedback matters!
Cashew nuts or Kajus as we know them in India are widely loved and used in almost every course of food, from starters and snacks to the main course to dessert. Apart from being a delectable food, it also has numerous health benefits. Few of them are:
- When compared to other nuts, they contain low fat content which is in the form of oleic acid. Oleic acid is good for the heart. Cashews also happen to be free of cholesterol and have anti-oxidants which help keep the heart healthy.
- Magnesium present in the cashews helps them to prevent the rise in blood pressure.
- One major benefit of cashew nuts is that they help fight cancer. They have high copper content and also have flavonoids called proanthocyanidins which help fight cancer cells in colon cancer.
- The copper in cashews helps in maintaining the right color of the hair.
- Cashews have magnesium and calcium, both of which are important for bone health.
- The magnesium in cashews ensures that there is enough magnesium on the bones' surface and calcium cannot enter the nerve cells, thus ensuring healthy nerves.
- Cashews have selenium, magnesium, and copper which all act as antioxidants.
- They help in growth, digestion, and development of the body.
- Despite being considered fatty, cashews have good cholesterol. Despite popular belief, it is good to eat cashew at least once or twice a week.
- The risk of developing gallstones reduces by one-fourth, with a daily intake of cashew nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Here debunking 8 popular health myths-
1) Watch your portions: This rule is the source of major eating disorders. The moment we curb or restrict the food we're eating, we also stop agreeing with our hunger levels. We ignore the body’s demand. Instead of controlling your portion size, try asking 'Am I full? Am I still hungry?'
2) Exercise all the time: Exercise is certainly good. It helps in relieving the stress. However, vigorous exercise when you have cold or are feeling unwell may have a damaging effect. Always try to ask yourself, "Am I feeling better after doing exercise?" If the answer is "yes", keep at it. If you feel otherwise take a break.
3) Minimise your caffeine intake: Although excess of coffee can be bad, it is not really a nutritional criminal. Small doses of caffeine stimulate mental, memory and physical faculties. Regular coffee consumption may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease as well as some cancers. The coffee bean is also a rich source of antioxidants.
4) Drink lots and lots of water: Excessive water intake has a medical name, 'polydipsia', and it can be dangerous. Anywhere above 4 litres a day, (unless you are an athele) can disturb body’s electrolyte balance, especially potassium. The kidneys can also get damaged if they are filtering excessive amounts of fluid.
5) Stay away from alcohol: There is no denying the health and social perils of excess alcohol. However, moderated drinking has been its benefits. It increases HDL levels i.e. the good cholesterol, as well as decreases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and gall bladder disease. Particularly appreciable is red wine for it is a fine antioxidant.
6) Skip carbs to stay slim: Fad diets can be of temporary help. Carbohydrates or carbs are important for the body’s overall wear and tear. Carbs must not be completely shunned for they give energy.
7) Eat low-calorie to be healthy: When you buy food stuffs that’s labeled 'Low Cal' you're in fact buying junk. Our bodies need the entire food that we're eating in order to digest it and to retain its nutrients properly. If we can't stomach the real product, why not make our own, healthier version, and leave out all of the added sugars and heavy creams?
8) Avoid fat: When we substitute the real deal with toxic fillers in order to create a "fat-free" product, our body isn't getting the nutrition or satiation it's craving, so we keep eating. Don't skimp out or cheat yourself on healthy fats: Go for it!
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
If a boy put his penis inside nd do just 2 times in out not so badly but he does. Does that sperm comes out so is there any chance of pregnancy
Got married few month back but on 1st night I realised she is not virgin, even she doesn't shown any sign of pain also but when I ask her about this she told me I am virgin you can check up with doctor, it is almost 6 month is over, please suggest can I get her checked now and whom to contact.
Im 25 years female and my problem is regarding periods ,its not happening every months and delay for 15 days or 1 month . I concerned with so many doctors but aft stopping their medicines same problem is happening , what I do ?
I am 20 years old female gained weight and because of this I missed my period soo can you suggest any diet plan.
Hii doctor. Recently I had safe sex with my girlfriend. July 13 I had safe but every month 20th or 21 she would get her period but till now she ddnt get any period My question is can safe sex delay the period before this was the first time we had or please suggest me any tablet to protect her from this.
Sir, my wife have some time irritation problem in urinal way and she is getting weak day by day. And also she is getting problem during sex. She is not allowing for sex. Please tell me what should I do.
In the ultrasound reports, if the person is pregnant, will it always be mentioned in the written report also?
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and the joints. This disorder leads to the development of multiple tender points on the body, wherein, a very small amount of pressure applied might result in pain. In some cases, social isolation and depression may occur as a result of this disorder.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
1. You will have difficulties in sleeping at night
2. You may experience mental problems and cognitive dysfunction
3. Light and noise sensitivity
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. A numb feeling on your hands and feet
6. Chronic headaches
7. You may experience painful periods
8. Restless legs syndrome
9. You may be depressed
The muscles of the body tend to feel overworked, even though you may not have exercised. You may also experience deep throbbing pain and burning sensation in the muscles. In addition, it may cause symptoms similar to osteoarthritis and bursitis. You are at a higher risk of being affected by fibromyalgia if you have a family history of this particular disease.
Some other causes of this disease are:
1. Certain infections and illness may lead to fibromyalgia
2. Car accidents
3. Any repetitive motion
The treatments for this disorder include:
- Sleep management: Optimal levels of sleep at night help in improving symptoms of fibromyalgia. Don’t drink coffee or consume spicy foods before going to bed as these have the ability to interfere with your sleep cycles.
- Medications: The doctor may prescribe medications to manage the pain. Taking anti-depressants may be necessary if you suffer from depression.
- Other therapies: Massage treatments help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You may continue with your exercise regimen after consulting the doctor. Relaxation techniques like mediation may help improving your mental health. You may also be asked to include various food supplements to make sure your body receives the necessary nutrients in the right amounts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.
My cousin is a housewife she missed her periods from 28 feb, she take 1st abort kit on 20th of April then she again abort kit on 10 of may and then on 17of may she again take 4_4 tabs of misoprost of 200 mcg in between 5 hourska but now 1st June and still she didn't get the periods. But when she check with pregnancy test with preganues it's shows negative. What she has to do. And she has a pain in her stomach also. Is she is going through any serious disease. Pls help her to out from this.
I had urin infection and when I observed burning sensation during urination and also observed urin colour as red, I rushed to the doctor and I took medicine as prescribed. Dr. suggests for urin test but he said normal, nothing to worry. My urin test result as follows = Dt. 24/2/2016 RBC- nill Pus cell- 8-10hpf Epithical - 3-4hpf Crystal- nill Cast- nill Again I test urin to know my pregnancy. Urin test on 1/4/2016 as follows= Pregnancy-positive RBC- nill Pus cell- 8-10hpf Epithical - ++ Crystal- nill Cast- nill Dr. said me report is normal. please tell me result of these above tests. I am worries about this.
Research suggests that this ayurvedic herb, also called holy basil, may help manage levels of the stress hormone cortisol, helping to boost your mood. Look for teas and supplements in health-food stores and follow package directions.
I am 24 years old and I am having a pregnancy of 14 weeks I want to abort a child without any surgery is it possible and how much time will it take to recover.
How long I have to take below medicines: Pulsatilla 30-6 pills, thrice. Sepia200 -6 pills, at bed time Also, do I need to stop taking these medicines during menstruation?
Flax seeds, sometimes called linseeds, are small, brown, tan or golden-colored seeds that are the richest source of a plant-based omega-3 fatty acid, commonly known as Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA).
About flax seeds
- High in fiber, but low in carbs
- High in omega-3 fatty acid
- Flax seeds are gluten-free
Benefits of flax seeds
- Improve digestion
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduce sugar cravings
- Balance hormones
- Fight cancer
- Promote weight loss
- High in antioxidants (lignans)
- Assist fertility and menopause.