Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.Sen Gupta
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.Sen GuptaYour feedback matters!
Today after running a distance of 1600 m in 6 minutes 19 seconds I feels something in my throat, I start coughing & get watery discharge from my nose. I think my dust allergy is increasing. Suggest me some home remedies.
I am a 23 years old boy and I feel so much tension and anxiety and my brain is unable to utilize it's full capacity to remember something. I feel my brain is loaded even when I am in sleep I become awaken in mid night. What need to do?
My Age is 22 years Male, I want to know how to treat hydrocele and which type of doctor should I visit?
One of a doctor has advice but he might have not understood my question I am not getting time to sleep only 6 hours getting so I want to increase my working energy for 18 hours so what should I do.
I am 36 years old female. I feel pain between eyes and ears or to the sides of left eye only for few seconds .I feel pain internally. There is no correct interval or situation for this pain. Why this is happening. Is it related to nerve problems .will it effect ears, eyes or brain. I am scared. Please help me. I am facing this for past 2-3 yrs.
How to get rid of allergy that is hurting me since 3 months it is vanishing for few days and again it is coming back what to do?
I have neck pain. I thought its because of over use of mobile phone. Most of the time I was used in bed when I was lyed on bed and I used 3 pillows to get height to my head. Now I really suffering from neck pain shoulder pain and also upper back pain. Sometimes my 2 hands too. What I do for this. Is there any solution for this?
TB is a major health problem in India, with nearly 12 lakh people getting diagnosed with the disease each year. The fact that more than one-third of the cases of TB remain undiagnosed, or are diagnosed but proper treatment is not opted for, makes it even more difficult to deal with the disease. Moreover, the TB bacilli, which causes the disease is present in its latent form in 40% Indians who possess a high risk of developing TB but do not exhibit any symptoms.
Who are prone to TB?
Although TB can affect people of any age or physical condition, some people are at a higher risk of developing the disease than others. People who are more prone to TB are:
- Anyone with a weak immune system
- Small children and elderly people
- People suffering from diabetes or detected to be HIV positive
- People who have been exposed to immunotherapy or have consumed steroids for a long time
What is the classification of TB?
TB is curable, but for correct treatment, it is necessary to diagnose the type of the disease correctly. TB can be broadly classified into the following types:
- General TB: In this type of TB, the bacilli show sensitivity to most drugs required for treating the disease.
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB): In this form of the condition, the bacilli show resistance to two major drugs required for treatment of TB, Isoniazid, and Rifampicin.
- Extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB): This type of TB is rarely observed and is caused by a bacilli which show resistance to most drugs including Isoniazid, Rifampicin, any fluoroquinolone and to at least one of three injectable second-line drug - Capreomycin, Kanamycin, and Amikacin.
- Moreover, TB is also classified in two other forms - primary and secondary. Primary TB is the form, which affects a person who hasn't been previously exposed to the infection; whereas secondary TB refers to the reactivation of the infection in a previously infected person due to decline in health and immune system.
What are the treatment options available for TB?
Treatment of TB involves intake of certain prescription drugs for about 6 to 9 months. It is strongly recommended that the treatment is continued till the end and the drugs are consumed exactly in the way suggested by the physician. If the intake of drugs is stopped before the requisite period, the condition may relapse; and if the medications are not consumed correctly, the bacteria might develop a resistance to the drugs.
Treatment of MDR-TB and XDR-TB is a complicated process as any wrong step might prove to be fatal for the patient. It usually begins by conducting a drug-susceptibility test to identify the drugs to which the bacilli are resistant to. After the test results are revealed, the treatment plan is shaped accordingly and the patient is closely observed throughout the process. Moreover, treatment of drug-resistant TB always includes the use of directly observed therapy (DOT).
Related Tip: How To Prevent Tuberculosis(TB) From Spreading And Safeguard Yourself