Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.S Rastogi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.S RastogiYour feedback matters!
Hello my second sons age is 10 month my question is can I give him all types of veggies like ladies finger brinjal etc and can I give him packet milk too and can I add sugar to it.
My mother has thyroid and she is taking medicines regularly. But even after that she has problems such as dry skin and hairfall.
If you are suffering from hypothyroidism, it is important for you to deal with the condition so that your daily life and activities do not get affected. Hypothyroidism occurs when your thyroid gland becomes under active and does not produces sufficient amount of hormones. This affects the metabolism rate of your body. Hypothyroidism has several symptoms which include fatigue, constipation, dry skin, muscle cramping, hoarse voice, depression, sudden gain of weight and brittle hair and fingernails.
Here are some important tips which you should follow in order to deal with hypothyroidism and for its treatment:
- Go Gluten and A1 Casein free: Common allergies and food intolerance, which occur today are because of wheat and dairy products because of the hybridized proteins of A1 casein and gluten. These may lead to a leaky gut, as a result of which inflammation of the thyroid gland takes place. This affects the thyroid’s functioning. You should avoid grain and gluten in your diet. Try to consume dairy products coming from A2 cow’s milk.
- Avoid BPA: Bisphenol A or BPA is present in plastic bottles. These are capable of disrupting the endocrine system and also affect the thyroid gland. You should avoid drinking from plastic bottles and drink water from glass, stainless steel and plastic bottles which are BPA free.
- Check your iodine levels: In case your iodine levels are low, you should use an organic liquid supplement. Kelp is ideal for this purpose.
- Heavy metal detox: You need to detoxify your body and eliminate traces of harmful metals from your organs and cells. For this, you may use a combination of milk, turmeric, chlorella, cilantro and thistle, which are ideal for a metal detox.
- Increase your selenium intake: It is important for you to consume sufficient amounts of selenium in your everyday diet, but you should not consume them in excess. You should eat food items containing selenium in good amount such as salmon, sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, mushrooms, onions and beef.
- Take adaptogen supplements: You should lower your cortisol levels and improve thyroid functioning by taking supplements such as tulsi and ashwaganda.
- Remove silver fillings: If you have amalgam fillings, you should consult a dentist and get the fillings removed.
- Lower your carbohydrate intake: You also need to reduce the amount of sugar and grains in your regular diet. Instead, take healthy fats. Consuming too much carbohydrates leads to increased estrogen, which affects thyroid negatively. Choose healthy fats like coconut oils, avocado, wild salmon, hemp seeds and flax seeds. These will help in balancing your hormone levels.
Hypothyroidism usually occurs from common causes such as toxicity due to radiation and metal exposure, deficiency of iodine and selenium, food intolerance and hormonal imbalance due to stress and excess carbohydrates.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is taking humalog lispro three times a day before meal around 80 units a day and also lantus solostar 30 units at bedtime. It very expensive for us. Is there any one who can tell us that can we get same insulin in vial instead of cartridge. Or any other way to get same insulin in price.
Hello Dr. It's been 3 years of marry and yet I'm not able to conceive. I had a miscarriage and it's going to be 1 years of miscarriage. I have lil effect of Pcos and have thyroid too. My last month thyroid test result was 0.66. and my Dr. said it's normal. But my Dr. even said k I'm not able to reproduce eggs. I want to gt pregnant as soon as possible as my age is also getting elder. My present age is 25. I'm even gaining weight. What will b d best time fr intercourse if I want to gt pregnant? Pls Dr. pls help me.
What is the reason for increase in blood sugar to 400? My father never had sugar problem. He is 69 now.
Albumin and sugar absent, pus cells and epithelial cells are 1-2/hpf, rbc Nil, is IT normal or abnormal.
How to Deal with High Uric Acid ?Diet control can help? Do I have to take medicines to cure high Uric acid?
Hi dear friends. I am Dr Bhavna Mittal I am a gynaecologist and I am practising at my own hospital that is Shivam surgical and maternity centre in East of Delhi. Now getting pregnant which seemed very simple earlier has become a major task these days for ladies, why is it so earlier we hear from our mothers old aunts that they used to get pregnant every year and they would do all household work and have a very healthy normal delivery and each of them had at least 4-5- 6 babies. These days for a lady to have a normal single pregnancy have become a huge task why it is so because of our life styles our values our food habits are changing . So if u are pregnant or you are planning to be, the first thing to do is:
- To improve your lifestyle.
- You should concentrate on a good regime
- Good daily schedule, that is you should be getting adequate sleep of 6-7 hours.
- Having a normal bowel habit in the morning doing at least 20-30 mins light exercise per day.
- Daily regime of diet which includes fruits, salads, antioxidants, vegetables, daals and less of junk foods and outside food.
- There are some indirect toxins like smoking, alcohol, which also harm our body. Now a days it is not uncommon, even for females to consume alcohol or caffeine or smoking routinely. So if you are on the family way you should avoid these things.
- Also if you are taking some kinds of medicines for something, then you should be sure of the content and that it does not interfere with getting pregnant or during pregnancy.
Once you are pregnant, the first thing to do is to conduct a urine pregnancy test. So if you have missed your period you can yourself check it with a urine pregnancy kit and if it is coming positive you can visit your doctor. Also these days it is important to take pre-conception. Visit that before you ever think of getting pregnant. Its nice that you can visit the doctor, they can conduct some basic test on you and your husband and be sure that you both of you are healthy enough to carry pregnancy. After the doctor will put you on some medicines, like folic acid. Studies have shown that women who were on folic acid 3 months prior to getting pregnant did much better during pregnancy in terms of the health of the baby and the mother than once who did not take any medication so you can be on some basic vitamins supplements like folic acid before getting pregnant. Once you conceive and your test is showing positive, it's time to visit the doctor this time the doctor will explain you the precautions which are to be taken during pregnancy. Also the doctor will check from time to time in terms of your blood test, urine test and the ultrasounds which are to be done during pregnancy. You may also be put on some supplements of iron calcium folic acid or if required some hormones from time to time
Now I would like to remove some common myths which are there about pregnancy people do fear that what should be the exact weight gain during pregnancy. Normally by American standards, the weight gain during pregnancy should be 10- 13 kg during whole 9 months. So that gives us a target of around 1.5 kg per month now this may not even for everyone so a lady may not gain for the first 3 months because of vomiting and then she may gain 2-3 kgs per month later on so the average comes out to be 1.5kg. So the average should be the same it may not be even through out the 9 months for people who gain less weight sometimes there’s a issue with the growth of the bab. Similarly people who gain more weight also have more tendency to develop blood pressure diabetes and other problems during pregnancy so ideal kind of weight gain is important second thing which is important is what you are gaining on so you may be gaining this one and a half kg a month on junk food or namkeens or unhealthy food or you could be gaining on healthy food like proteins eggs fish milk daal milk products foods salads soups so one should be very careful on choice of diet also avoid any kind of harmful preservatives or chemicals like Chinese food and all the chemicals which are there you could have home prepared normal food which does not contain any of these artificial additives for a normal healthy pregnancy you are allowed to do your routine activities but still you should avoid very heavy type of exhaustion and travelling the 2nd trimester of pregnancy that is third to 6th month is actually the safest part of pregnancy so if you need to travel or do any other activity it should be done in the middle part the initial 3 moths and the last 3 months are not the safe time to do the same even flights do not allow travelling after 7 months completed of pregnancy or they will ask you for a special certificate for that Then keep on visiting your doctor regularly and follow the advice if any problem is coming up then please follow your doctor accordingly friends I am available on lybrate in case you have any questions related to getting pregnant or about pregnancy please feel free to ask me on lybrate.
I will happy to help thank you
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.