Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S S KothariYour feedback matters!
Sir i'm suffering from under eye bags and dark circles from last one and half month. I'm so scared. please tell me how long it take to get complete rid off. And the skin under my eyes becomes thin. Also tell me what should I do about this.
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I get rashes on penis after intercourse. At times end up with torn skin. There are white headed pimple like small substances on the inner circle of the penis head. I suffer from itchiness, bad odor, burning sensation too. We both the partners have undergone candida treatment already. But the problem seems recurring soon. Kindly guide if this can be due to other problems too.
I have these dark circles under my eyes. For few months. I'm having enough sleep but not in a regular pattern. Please give advice for some home remedy treatment for. It Why do they come.? And it makes my face looks dull. Please help it out. I want to get rid of that dark circles under my eyes.!
There are some marks like things below my shoulder portion. May be some type of allergy? anyway to remove it?
I am 19 years old male and I have an oily skin and gets pimple very often and also it's marks are there on the face and along wth this my skin tone has also degraded. What should I do now?
I'm a student of 19 years and I have too much marks of pimples and sun burn on my face. So some of my friends suggested me for skin therapy. But I don't know anything about therapy please help me to know about it and how much it costs. And does it works. Please help me soon.
At age 12 to 16, I used to take interest in sports and my face became too black and my body is white. And now I am 18 years old at which age I get my original colour?
The skin is one the largest organs in the human body and is also one of the most affected parts. Ichthyosis is one such condition, which is a term given to a set of about 28 types of hereditary skin conditions. The common factor among all these is the scaly, dry, flaky skin which is where the name comes from (fish-like skin). The affected person’s skin resembles that of fish scales. The most common type if ichthyosis vulgaris. Since it is hereditary, it often begins in early childhood and continues through life.
Therefore, in addition to treating the condition, most affected people learn to modify lifestyle and skin care routines to ensure the condition is not aggravated.
- Avoid hot baths or showers which will dry the skin out further
- Use lukewarm or cool water for the bath
- Avoid soap which can further dry the skin
- Use Cetaphil lotion and cream which are available over the counter
- Do not pat dry the skin with a towel.
- Gently blot the skin and apply alpha-hydroxyl acid lotion, which can improve skin moisture content
- If possible, consider living in a temperate climate
There is no cure for this condition, but ichthyosis can be managed with these above measures. In addition, even homoeopathy does not offer any particular cure, but there are some effective remedies which help the patients manage their symptoms better. Arsenic and Arnica have been shown to improve the symptoms but not well proven yet.
The right homoeopathy product would be prescribed based on
It is a life-long condition which can be managed or controlled in the best manner with homoeopathy. The scaling of the skin can be delayed with the use of homoeopathic medicines. This can reduce the dryness, cracking, and peeling off of the skin. The excess buildup of the scales on the skin can be reduced with homoeopathy medicines like mother tincture. The associated symptoms need to be assessed in people presenting with scaly skin.
- Skin and scalp are affected, there are dry scales
- Skin on the face is affected, scaly skin with whiskers
- Skin on the chest is affected with scaly skin between the breasts
Overall skin is very dry
Outbreak on the skin, which are dry, crusty, rough, peeling off of the scales; or present as a combination of these. There are some homoeopaths who try remedies to improve the moisture content in the skin. However, if the patient does not respond to the treatment or show improvement in the symptoms, the treatment may be discontinued. If there are any signs of improvement of the symptoms, it can be continued for life as the condition also persists for life.