Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S S GuptaYour feedback matters!
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Doctor I am an engineering student of age 20. I am suffering from cold every month without any reason. actually I do not get any rest due to the continue project seminar lab etc. I would like to know that is this because of the tension or anxiety that I caught cold every month. I was consulted by many doctors but still it continue. Is there any medicine that can cure this disease permanently. I would like to notice that I have dust allergy but I wear mask or hangerchief in even slightly dust. Please help me out of this doctor.
Mere face pe bhut pimples h or muje allergy bi hoti h jisse bhut khujli hoti h dhupai bi or chote chote dane ho jante h.
Hypothyroid and PCOS. What food to eat and avoid? Currently on medications for thyroids and actively trying to conceive. Kindly advice of fertility rich foods.
Hi, I am 14 weeks 2 days pregnant but not showing. I felt slight butterflies in my abdomen 1 week back but now i dont feel anything. I feel slight cramps while walking and sleeping and some incerase in white/creamy color discharge also. USG done on 13th and all was fine. Cramps are like some pressure is there , and sometimes on only left or right side. Can i get my USG done again.Is it harmful ? i have already 4 USG's done. Please help
I use to wake late in the morning and I am feeling very tiered I start losing my memory I am not able to remember thing what I have to do or not. What is the prb I can not understand.
Apis Mel, Clematis E, Silicea, Natrum Mur, Thuja Occidentalis, Lycopodium, Sulphur, Cannabis Sativa, Aurum Met, Hydrastis and many other medicines.
-DR Rushali Angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic