Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S S AroraYour feedback matters!
Acne (characterized by the clogging of hair follicles because of the excess oil and the dead skin cells) is one of the most common skin conditions, especially among women and it can bring about a lot of social anxiety as well as self esteem issues in people who suffer from it acutely. Acne may be caused by a host of factors such as lifestyle issues, diet, hormonal problems and heredity. To tackle these issues, homeopathy has some really effective medications which can be used to treat it holistically rather than just on the surface of the skin.
Let’s have a look at these medications.
1. Pulsatilla: A commonly used homeopathic medication, Pulsatilla is a very versatile medication that is used to treat many ailments. It is very effective on young girls who have just hit puberty and are suffering from acne breakouts. Pulsatilla is very effective in treating acne triggered by irregular and infrequent periods. Many girls who complained of acne breakouts just before the start of menstrual flow stated that they were greatly benefitted by the use of Pulsatilla.
2. Dulcamara: Many women and even some men complain about acne breakouts especially during season change. This happens when the hotter season changes in to the colder season or even the other way around. Dulcamara is a great medication to handle these break-outs during the change of seasons.
3. Silica: This is a medication made from sand or silica and is very effective in treating cases of pus within the acne. Silica is very effective in countering acne caused due to irregularities in the immune system. This medication is effective if the person is of a thin and slim build and is quite sensitive to cold air or water.
4. Natrum Muriaticum: If your acne is caused by hormonal discrepancies caused by conditions such as PCOD (enlarged ovaries marked by the formation of tiny cysts), or other reproductive organ disturbances, then Natrum Muriaticum is the best medication to treat your acne. This is also very effective in treating acne in both young boys and girls who are suffering due to hormonal changes within the body. It can also help curb excessive oil secretion on your skin to control acne.
5. Calcaria Sulphuricum: Sulphur related medications are another common treatment option for acne, although they have to be mixed and matched with other ingredients to properly target the causes. Sulphur also has great effectiveness on acne with pus formation. Ideal patients who should be administered Calcaria Sulphuricum may exhibit intolerance towards heat and would generally like to be in the cold. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Doctor for pimples can I use limicee 500 mg tablets. I have big big pimples. I'm using deriva bpo but it's not working. please help.
My brother has pimple on his face and on his body since 2005, and they black spots also they how come it will cure his age is 29yrs. please help my brother. than.
I am a 67 years. Old gent with fairly acute foot corns problems. I have a tendency for a slightly higher bld. Pr. Tendency. Cd. You suggest a tried-out remedy?
My sister has acne all over her face, majorly on forehead and right cheek. She is 22 and have tried every thing from ayurvedic (Safi) to Allopathy (erythromycin to dry out the acne). I believe its something from inside. She's facing this for last 7 years I have asked her not to take any medicine unless prescribed, instead to go for some tests of blood, urine, stool and then again consult a doctor.
I have so much Acne and Dark spots on my face mostly near my nose what can I do to get rid of thi and to get a good skin.
Hello my mom is suffering from a fungal infection in hindi it's name is (DAAD) and by using itch guard it's scatter like fire please give me solution.
I have pimples so I consulted a doctor and I'm going on with my treatment but it's making my face too much dry, red and a rough skin Please suggest me a home remedy to cure it and make my skin smooth.
Sir/ madam I have a serious problem with my hair almost 40℅ of hair gone in the middle portion of head and have a dandruff problem from past 6 years now I am 23 bald patches are formed please suggest me a proper medication .hair lose problem sucks me mentally.
Hi Doc. My wife is suffering from skin problems. She is suffering from pimples and also skin became ruff. She also has small spots on the cheeks. She has tried Adapline Gel, Clindac solution, acne soap and few more but no result though she has regular periods of 35 days cycle. Please help me on this problem.
Hello sir I have itching on my thigh fold and it turned dark and I usually get foul discharge after intercourse.
I was having mild acne so my dermatologist prescribed me with isotretinoin which I have taking for past 18 weeks. From past 1 week I am experiencing dry/flaky skin, whiteness on forearm and some peeling on face. I am clear so I was contemplating to stop taking medicine, I had been regularly using moisturiser since treatment inception. I have an schedule appointment with my dermatologist on 25 so it's too long. How long will it take to return to normal after stop taking medicine.
I have skin problem itching on my legs I have through many skin specialist but couldn't help it out some people say it's may due heat I need your suggestions please couldn't sleep in night full of itching.
Many people believe that dandruff is caused by poor hygiene, but this is not true. Although infrequent shampooing can make dandruff more obvious, researchers are still studying the causes, which appear to be complex.
The most effective way to treat and control dandruff is to use dandruff shampoo and scalp treatments. Follow these tips from dermatologists to get the best results:
Follow the instructions on the dandruff shampoo bottle: There are many different dandruff shampoos, and each contains different active ingredients for controlling symptoms. To get the best results, always follow the instructions on the bottle. For example, some dandruff shampoos require that you lather the shampoo into the hair and scalp and leave the shampoo in for about five minutes before rinsing. Others should not be left on the scalp.
If you are Caucasian or Asian, shampoo daily and use dandruff shampoo twice a week: If using one dandruff shampoo does not bring relief, try alternating between dandruff shampoos with different active ingredients.
If you are African-American, only shampoo once a week using a dandruff shampoo: See a board-certified dermatologist for the best product recommendation for your hair type.
Be careful when using a dandruff shampoo that contains coal tar: Tar shampoo can discolor blonde, grey or white hair, so if you have light-colored hair, you may want to choose a different dandruff shampoo. Tar shampoo also has the potential to make your scalp more sensitive to sunlight. If you use this type of dandruff shampoo, it’s important to protect your scalp from the sun by wearing a hat when outdoors and seeking shade whenever possible.
For most people, dandruff does not require medical attention. However, sometimes the flaking and itching that appears like dandruff is actually a medical condition, such as seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, fungal infections of the scalp, or eczema.
If you continue to have symptoms after using a dandruff shampoo, consult a board-certified dermatologist. A dermatologist can properly diagnose your condition and recommend a treatment plan that best meets your needs.