Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S S AroraYour feedback matters!
I noticed a white spot of one centimeter diameter on the left side of my breast i.e little below my underarm. And inside it there is another spot smaller than that i.e about 1 milli meter radius. The smaller spot is fully white and the bigger spot is also white but little pale as compared to the smaller one. Is seems a discoloration of the cells. What is the reason? Is it a symptom of Vitiligo? I'm very much afraid. Please help me.
I am loss my hair from last ten days due the expired shampoo. So plead help me how to deal with these problem. And how much time required to recur from these problem.
I am 23 year old and I am suffering from pimples on my face and my back can you please suggest me some medicine to overcome from the pimples and spots too.
How to reduce the large pores in ma face. And also I have many black spots because of acne. Kindly suggest some creams or medicines for it. Thanks in advance.
Hi, muje skin allergy hai garmi mi bhut khujli aati hai aur puri skin lal ho jati hai please koi upay batiye.
I am a 23 years old male, I have grown only a small amount of facial hair, and want to grow a good amount. What should I do?
I am of 16 years boy my hair is having all about white please suggest me what I do please doctors tell me something about my problem.
M suffering from psoriasis. I try all type of medicine but all is vain. please help me and tell the solutions.
I am 30 year old male, I am suffering from lypoma. It is in my left hand, many areas of stomach, back etc. What should I do? Kindly refer treatment for it.
I am having itching on my skin. I have put ailments. The itching is not reducing. I have exams also. What should I do now Please help.
Hello, I am 24 years of age, I have scars all over my face, please suggest me some medication for this problem.
The harmful effects of UV rays (UVA and UVB) are known to all. UVA can prove to be a great nemesis for flawless skin, accelerating the skin ageing process. The skin loses its radiance and appears saggy and wrinkled. UVB affects the skin superficially, resulting in sunburns and skin tans. At times, overexposure to UV rays can produce Carcinogenic (skin cancer) effects. Use of a good quality sunscreen is more of a necessity than luxury. The effectiveness of a sunscreen can be enhanced several folds if one knows the ins and outs of its use.
- Sunscreens with different SPF (Sun Protection Factor) numbers are available in the market. SPF provides intense protection from the UVB rays. An overall skin protection can only be achieved when the harmful effects from both UVA and UVB can be controlled and minimised. Do not judge a sunscreen by its price tag. An expensive sunscreen is not necessarily an effective sunscreen. Go for the sunscreen that covers a Broad Spectrum.
- Many people do not get the usage of the sunscreen right. Sunscreen cannot work miracles. Applying it only once a day will not solve the purpose. Often, your work might require you to be in the sun for a longer period of time. Under such circumstances, use the sunscreen every two to three hours.
- Application of sunscreen at regular intervals is also effective for people who are more into swimming and water related activities. This usage is beneficial for people who sweat profusely. For sensitive skin, it is best to consult a dermatologist before using any sunscreen.
- Applying excess amounts of sunscreen will not provide your skin with any extra protection. A generous quantity of sunscreen can also do the trick. The quality matters more than the quantity.
- Sunscreens can be Mineral (Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide) or Synthetic (Oxybenzone, Avobenzone) active. In case of Mineral sunscreen, one can step outside immediately after its application.
- In case of synthetic sunscreen actives, immediate exposure to sunlight might fail to provide the desired protection. For better results, apply the sunscreen 25 - 30 minutes prior to an outside venture.
- Being at home does not guarantee protection from sunrays. You can still be susceptible to the harmful UV rays. Use sunscreen daily, even when at home.
- If you are into makeup, use sunscreen once you are fully done with the makeup.
- Sunscreen is not only meant for bright, sunny days. This misconception can affect your skin in the long run. Apply sunscreen regularly, irrespective of the weather outside.
Sunscreen, if used accurately will keep a lot of skin problems and sunburns at bay.