Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S RoyYour feedback matters!
If I continuously use my mobile phone for some time den water starts falling from my eyes. What to do in this case? Plzz help.
Hi doctor, how to reduce eye stress? I work on for 7 hours in a day. Please suggest some foods also that can be helpful for eyesight. Thanks
Hello sir I have eye problem. I have hypermetropia. The spectacle power is increasing every year. Sometime My head also starts paining at the back side. And my eye power is not increasing. And now a day I am not able to read the books without spectacles. Please suggest me what should I do. Thank You.
My son is 4. 10 yrs in age and rubs his eyes a lot? can his eyes be weak? should I get an eyesight test done?
One of my eyes have power of 0.75 astigmatism, other one is normal. Can I correct my problem of eye with exercises?
8 month before, I was meet with a bike accident and I got approx 10 Stench's on my face near my left eye and now a scare is appear on the effect area and its look bad. I really want to remove it please help me.
I am diabetic from last 6 months and recently diagnosed with Thyroid problem where t3 and t4 values were high but TSH was extremely low i. E 0.01, my weight has reduced from 85 to 72. My body just look so weak. Everybody is office is noticing that I am just remain half of what I was. My biceps just looks like a kid who is just school boy. It's just 25 age. I am very tensed with it. Restricted to a few options to eat. Mental strength is going Down. As well as physical. On playing for just 20 min, my legs start shaking as if I am 70 years old. What to do? How to Deal with these problems. My eye has also got weaker by -1 number From -2.5 to -3.5 for both eyes. I am software developer. Should I quit job and do something else? PLEASE ANSWER ALL MY CONCERNS.
I am 26 year old. Hurted my eyes by finger nail. Red spot can't beside my eyeball. No pain, watery eyes are there. Only red spot. Need a eye drop to cure my red spot. Is there any other thing I need to take care?
1) Is flashlight close to only one eye for long will cause visual impairment in one eye? And in future can it cause lazy eye. 2) I have done that with my" right" eye. Few days ago I used to keep my smartphone camera very close to my eye for long time more than 10 mins to check I have squint or not. Actually i'm in physiological problem. 3) Then I check my both eyes from retina surgeon. According to him my both retinas are normal there is no damage. 4) after that I closed doing such is stupid things. But now when I close my left eye and see with right eye only I see things little blurry not to much but its noticeable. When I see things at far distance with my right eye only it is more blurry than near images. Can this lead to lazy eye in future? How can I treat it?
My eyesight power is vry weak my spex no is 5 and 6 I am in +2 I have to do studies only e and through books also pls help me to completely cure my eyesight.
I am 48 years female diabetic since 2008 having puffy eyes. Is this due to ageing or some other reason. Usually diabetes between 200-260. Sometimes better than that. Please suggest the remedy.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.