Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S PrasadYour feedback matters!
I have black spots as well as Pimples an my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 month but did't see any change. What should I do?
Hi I wanted to know if there is any treatment for colour fairness by medicine or injection which could fair my colour and does not have side effects.
I have small open pores on my face caused due to black heads and also few small black heads and a chicken pox scar is it necessary that I have to take any treatment or home remedies are enough?
Hi, I am 19 year old and my skin tone is dark. I want to lighten it. And become fair. What should I do?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
The harsh sun during summer causes several problems apart from just sunburn. Prolonged exposure to the sun may lead to several skin conditions like brown spots, red and scaly spots, wrinkling, drying and skin cancer. It is important for you to prevent your skin from such harmful effects of the sun. Here are 10 tips you must follow in order to safe guard your skin against sun damage:
- Wear a sunscreen: You must apply a thick layer of sunscreen lotion on your skin before going out in the harsh sun, as a thin coating will reduce the effectiveness.
- Cover yourself up: It is important for you to cover up properly before going out in the sun. Clothing of dark and tightly woven materials absorb UV rays more than cotton fabrics of light shades. Hence, you should avoid dark clothes and wear light ones. When the sun is very harsh, a well-brimmed hat is also recommended for protection of your head.
- Stay indoors: You should avoid the sun during its peak and most intense hours, specifically between 10 in the morning to 4 in the evening. Try to stay indoors during these hours and use an umbrella, if you cannot avoid going out.
- Wear sunglasses: Sunglasses are a must before going out on an intense sunny day. Sun damage to the eyes can result in conditions like cataract and pterygium. Wear sunglasses with 99% to 100% UVB and UVA protection for keeping your eyes safe.
- Avoid reflective surfaces: Try to be careful near water, sand or snow, which are reflective surfaces. They reflect harmful rays of the sun, thereby increasing he chance of sunburn.
- Avoid sunbathing: During harsh sun conditions, you should avoid sun bathing. Fair-skinned people should keep away from sun bathing even more. When you observe that your shadow is shorter than you, you must find a shade.
- Do not get fooled by the weather: Do not think that a cloudy sky reduces the chances of a sun damage. In spite of a thick cloud cover, UV rays can penetrate your skin, thereby, causing substantial harm.
- Photosensitivity: Several medicines and drugs make the skin extra sensitive to the sun, increasing the risk of sunburn. Some herbal medicines are responsible as well. Keep away from these drugs.
- Avoid tanning beds: UVA rays present in tanning beds can penetrate your skin quite deep. In fact, regular exposure to UVA rays leads to skin drying and causes wrinkles.
- Consume antioxidants: Antioxidants provide protection from the sun’s rays. You should increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits and drink green tea during summer.
The sun’s rays cause more damage to the skin than you can think of. By following these preventive measures, you will be able to spend time in the sun without getting affected.
Keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and prevent your skin from the harsh sun. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.