Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Prasad
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S PrasadYour feedback matters!
I got the fungal infection on my breast but now still there is a mark. Please tell me any medication.
People tend to believe that they have sensitive skin when they use certain products that don't suit them and causes some redness, itching, blotches, rashes, etc. However, this is not true. Sensitive skin is actually used to describe a condition when skin develops rashes, skin bumps, erosions, pustules, blotches, redness and so on when exposed to harsh weather conditions such as extreme heat, wind or cold.
There are some common skin ailments for that may harm a sensitive skin; i.e. Acne, rosacea, burning and stinging as well as contact dermatitis or irritants and allergies. Skin can be sensitive on any part of the body, including legs, arms, hands, etc. but it is most noticeable on the face though. The degree of sensitivity varies from person to person. Sensitive skin easily reacts when exposed to sunlight or wind. Also, such a skin is more prone to dryness, itchiness and redness. So, in case you have a sensitive skin you need to be extra cautious with the foods you eat and the products you use.
Precautions to be taken in case of a sensitive skin:
- First of all, you need to find out what is causing the problem. Is it food, weather or a product and stop using/avoiding those things to protect your skin.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser twice a day.
- Do not overload yourself with several skin care products like toners, scrubs, packs, and variety of creams.
- Keep a healthy, balanced diet which is rich in antioxidants such as Vitamins A, C and E. Also increase your intake of anti-inflammatory spices such as turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper.
- Exercise daily to ensure a good circulation to the skin.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Adding lemon gives your skin the much needed Vitamin C.
- Choose natural and soft fabrics such as silk and cotton for sensitive skin.
- Avoid exposing your skin to too hot or cold water .
- Avoid using skin care and cosmetic products that have alcohol, harsh exfoliants, petrochemicals, acids, or synthetic fragrances as these can irritate the skin.
- While trying a new product make sure to do a trial test on the skin especially on your inner arm or behind your ear.
- Use a good broad spectrum sunscreen which is non comedogenic, paraben and fragrance-free.
- Try to reduce stress in life by resorting to activities such as meditation, yoga, or walking.
- Get enough restful sleep to enable your body clock to function normally, which will give you clear skin.
However, if you do have any prolonged, unexplained skin reaction then you should visit your dermatologist who might conduct a skin allergy test to identify the root cause of the problem. Finally, limit your alcohol intake.
I am a fifteen years old girl. My skin type is oily. I have lots of pimples, blemishes,blackheads and I also have a rough skin. How to get rid of these problems? And how to get a acne scar free face and a smooth face?
I get anal fissure over and over again and again in few months and it pains badly what to be done for total liberation from the problem?
Hello. I am a 39 yrs male. The skin in the middle upper/outer part on my left thumb has darkened since a month (area of around 1 inch). Often, it itches and becomes reddish black. At that time it seems as something is going on below the skin too! After a day or two the itching and other issues subside and the skin remains blackish. This keeps on continuing. Since some days skin is being shed from the region in small white patches. I consulted a general physician and he said its due to allergy. But I had no recent change in food habit or anything that might have triggered an allergic reaction. Whats this problem? What should I do?
During the years my skin has became dark rough dry and with lots of tiny black spots Don't to what it is called exactly now thn it is summer time it's getting more worst is there any home remedy or products that I can apply to get rid of this problem of mine. As I want to look good and feel good about my skin.
Hello Dr. My skin was perfect but now My skin is very dull. I am 20 years old and my skin looks like 30 years old. I have allergy from uv rays. Although I don't spend much time outside. I used lemon and honey mask few months ago and I think bcoz of lemon my skin became more sensitive. Now it's getting worse day by day nothing is helping. My face is dull uneven and getting darker day by day what should I do Dr. please help me.:(
I'm 30 years old male, unmarried since last one month I m suffering from anal itch though itch itch is not that intense and but I have observed that there are rashes around anus. I m not having any physical relationship with anyone kindly let me know the treatment of my itch bottom.
My face is becoming oily and becoming dull face kindly suggest me the remedy to get rid of oily face.
I had chicken pox a year and half back and some of the marks still exists on the face .How do I get rid of it?
I am suffering skin disease from 21/03/2017 back side from neck to backbone. Rashes are coming and no itch but severe pain. After Some time Rashes are not there but PAIN also coming only backside from Neck bottom to spiral bone. I am consulted so any dermatologists but no one help to cure my disease. After 1 day I am going Govt. HOSPITAL for getting 2nd opinion doctor advised to Skin Biopsy and Skin smear test. Biopsy sample taken at near spiral bone and skin smear test sample taken near both ears. Skin smear test is Negative. Doctor said to wait for 10 DAYS for Biopsy result what I do. How reduce my pain backside from bottom Neck to spiral bone. What I do. Skin Smear test is Negative. There is chance for Which kind of disease.
I am above average in colour. I want to improve my colour. Suggest me any creams or any thing else which is effective and free of side effects.
Sir/mam I use so many creams (skin light, betnovate, melacare) but no use. Can I use ultrabrite triple action cream please suggest.
I have black spots on my nose and these spots are increasing day by day, and I don't know what is the reason, so please help me with this problem.
Sir, I am 22 years old, I got white colour patches on my lip and hands, can you please give me suggestion to stop that disease?
Home Remedies for Wrinkles
With age, skin cells divide more slowly, and the skin's inner layer called the dermis, begins to thin. That starts to undo skin's stretchiness and structure. Aging skin also starts to lose its ability to hold on to moisture, makes less oil, and is slower to heal. That all contributes to the wrinkling process.
Natural home remedy using egg whites:
1. Egg whites contain vitamins, which help tighten skin.
2. Apply egg whites on wrinkle prone areas.
3. Leave for 20 min.
4. Wash with lukewarm water.
Natural home remedy using avocado, fresh cream, flaxseeds, and honey:
1. Crush and make a paste of half an avocado.
2. Add 2 tbsp of fresh cream.
3. Add 2 tsp of flax seeds.
4. Add 1 tbsp of honey.
5. Mix well
6. Apply on the skin and leave it for 1 hr.
7. Wash with cold water.
8. This mixture is a natural moisturiser.
Natural home remedy using papaya and banana:
This remedy is especially for men.
1. Blend papaya and banana together.
2. Apply on the skin.
3. Leave it for 20 min.
4. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Papaya has chemicals, which remove dead skin cells. Banana provides necessary nutrients for healthy skin.