Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S P Kushwah SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi my 8 year old daughter is having severe deafness suddenly in left ear. Consulted 2 docs and are of the view that it can' t be reversed as nerves got damaged due to unknown reasons. We checked her up 3 yrs back, all was well then. Kindly suggest a way out for the treatment. Docs say there is no way out neither need to take any medicine.
I am having trouble in hearing. I am only 45 can I have hearing problem in this age. I am not that old. Can this be because I have to communicate on headphones due to my work.
Dear sir, my daughter is 8 year old, she has profound hearing loss in both ears (l=105, r=95), she can speak only few words. We are giving the hearing aid trial and speech therapy at rajkot, is this possible that condition can be improved by this way, or we should take another step. Please suggest me the right way. Regards
My sister having hearing and speaking problems from birth. She's now 18 years old. Is it possible to rectify her problems? How much it will cost?
My right ear suddenly stopped hearing, it sounds like falling water inside the ear. What should I do?
I am 23 year old guy. I have infection in my left ear since last 10 years. Due to that I can not hear properly. I have also taken homeopathic medicines forapprox 3.5 years. I helps in my hearing but still can not listen properly. What should I do?
I am 45 years old male. I am suffering from sinus ,always nose is full of mucus. At present since last one week pain is behind the ear. What to do, please advice.
Dear doctor I am suffering with meniear's disease. What is the most useful medicine for this disease. And which department is mostly treat this disease.
There's ringing in my ear every time I catch cold, slowly I am becoming deaf, ringing in ears goes after cold goes but listening ability is further reduced. Is there any permanent cure for this? Will I be able to get back to normal hearing? PS: I had sinuses when I was Kid.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.