Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S P Kushwah SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 54 years old male, having hearing problem in both the ears. Nearly 25% less hearing, should I go for operation or go for hearing aids. Please advice.
i had loss hearing since 2yrs ago. doctors told me that my ears sensoneural nerve was damaged and there is no chance to get back. is it possible to hear again? please.. help me
In early morning when I hear loud noise it is irritating and my head starts paining and after sometime I feel vomit? What is this? Please help me someone!
Hello,my father is having hearing problem.We consulted a doctor.He conducted some tests and said he has cold accumulated in his ear and needs to be operated.Is there any other way?
I've holl in tympanic membrane because of trauma . Doctor said that my homocysteine is high after seen my reports and tympanoplasty is the only option please suggest me what should I do?Please tell.
My son is 10 yrs. Old, now a days he is going for swimming, from last 5-6 days he is having pain in his ear & he can't hear properly kindly advise.
(1). Wash the wound with lots of water.
(2). Wash it with a normal soap.
(3). Apply an antiseptic like Betadine/Chlorhexidine.
(4). Contact your Veterinarian for a Post-Bite Anti-rabies prophylaxis.
Remember : Rabies virus is present in the saliva,so transmission can occur even without a deep bite. Rabies can be spread not only by dog bites but also by all mammals including cats, rats,squirrels etc.
I am 75 year old with hearing problem (hard of hearing.) Is there any Ayurvedic medicine through which the hearing can be regained .If yes please let me know the name of medicine. Regards \green255\blue255\red255\green255\blue255\red0\green0\blue0} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs38 \cf0 \cb2 \expand0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokes3 }
I am looking forward to hearing back from you and your friends and colleagues to the right thing to remember the name suggests a good idea of the day..
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.
Hearing aids are very expensive. How often will I have to be making an investment to replace or update them?
My son is born with microtia one ear had not completely developed outside his age is 2.5 years now can you guide me whom should I meet and what the best age to start treatment he can hear clearly.
My son is 2.5 years old, still he is unable to speak. He can understand what we are saying, sometimes he is not at all listening to us. He is speaking something in his own language always when he is playing. Please help me.
My friend has high blood pressure and now he finds it difficult to hear very well what is the cause.
How to help old people who thinks about things that happened and say they hear sounds which cannot be heard by us whether there is any possibility of this treated. Her age is 82 years kindly help?
The ear has three parts – outer, middle, and inner – through which sounds waves pass through. On reaching the inner ear, the sound waves are transmitted through a fluid medium which is carried through to the brain to produce “sound.” Hearing loss can be due to problems anywhere in this circuit – from the outer ear to nerve issues in the middle ear.
There are two main types of hearing loss
Conductive hearing loss, where problems in the outer or middle ear cause problem conducting sound waves into the inner ear
Sensorineural hearing loss, where there is a problem in the nervous portion of the hearing process
Conductive hearing loss occurs due to poor conduction of sound waves to the middle ear, where it is processed to perceive the sound. Conductive hearing loss can happen due to the following reasons:
- Wax: Excessive wax accumulated in the outer ear can prevent passage of sound into the middle ear
- Infection: The outer or middle ear could be infected, affecting passage of sound waves
- Tear in the eardrum: The eardrum is a membrane through which sound waves pass. A tear due to trauma or injury can hamper this process, leading to hearing loss.
- Impact: When there is a bang on the head, there could be temporary hearing loss due to disruption of the hearing system
- Hereditary: A lot of times, hearing loss is hereditary and an exact cause may not be traceable
- Ear tumor: Middle ear tumors can also cause conductive hearing loss
- Abnormal growth: Abnormal bone growth in the middle ear can cause blockage, leading to hearing loss
- Post-surgical: The ear is a highly complex structure, and while surgical corrections are being done to treat a condition, it is very likely that other parts can be damaged
In most of the conditions mentioned above, there are some sound waves which pass through, so conductive hearing loss is often partial, wherein the person can hear but it is faint. Very rarely, it is complete where the person goes completely deaf.
This would depend on the cause of the hearing loss.
- Clearing up the wax can lead to improved hearing
- A tear in the eardrum or fluid buildup would need surgical repair to restore hearing
- Infections might require treatment with antibiotics and pain killers
- Tumors or bone growths would also require surgical correction for restoring hearing
- For outer ear blocks, audiometry is done only after the blocks are cleared
- If post correction, the hearing is not completely restored, hearing aids can be used, which often results in complete restoration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.