Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Hematologists in India. You will find Hematologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Hematologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S P Joshi
Submit a review for Dr. S P JoshiYour feedback matters!
I went through a severe two wheeler accident 6 years ago and during that time I had sustained injury to my left shoulder joint. But it wasn't any fracture as such but I had severe pain and wasn't able to move my left hand freely for almost 1.5 month as it'd cause too much pain. And later on I sometimes feel like my shoulder is dislocated, to be presice if I move my hand in a certain direction like anticlock rotation of hand or trying to touch the right shoulder from behind head, I suddenly feel kind of jolt which force me to bring and hold hand closer to my body immediately. If I continuously exercise the pain disappears. It has been an year I've stopped exercise so it has occurred again yesterday. I feel pain in triceps once I get that dislocated feeling vanishes. Is it really dislocation or any muscle Sprain.
Am 24 years old . Am suffering from shoulder pain and back pain. With in span of year I got hospitalized 3 times of because gas leakage accident in home, abortion and appendicitis. So at that time of operation they given anesthesia to back bone. because of that am facing this problems or not do not know. But after that only pain getting increase. I can not drive bike for 1 hr. I can not do my home works for continuous 1 hr. If I take a gap of 10 or 15 minutes in middle its ok. please suggest me any thing to overcome this.
Meri wife ki body sun ho jati hai jab wo subhe need se jagti hai or body pain bhi hota hai. My wife age 24 yrs. Yeh problem 1,2 saal se hai. Please advise me
My left leg joints often gets twisted and during that time I get problem in straightening that leg.What can i do?
What is chiropractic therapy?
It is one of the type of alternative medicine which deals with diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Doctors who perform it are known as chiropractors.
How was it originated?
It was invented by D. D. Palmer in 1895. It was invented by him by adjusting the spine of a deaf man, and he restored his hearing by doing that. After finding such a great result he proposed that all the diseases are due to subluxation of the spine (95%), and subluxations of other bone (5%).
Thus, he concluded, and formed a base of it by postulating following things:
- Diseases occur because of bones displacement.
- These bony displacements cause nerve entrapment.
- Manipulation of the spine replaces the bones, and removes the nerve interference, and allows a vitalistic life force to restore the health.
But there is no supporting evidence of these postulates.
Why is it done?
The main purpose of it is to correct alignment problems, to reduce the pain, and to support the body's natural ability to heal itself. Sometimes, other methods, such as the application of heat, and ice, electrical stimulation, relaxation techniques, rehabilitative, and general exercise, diet counseling, weight loss, and lifestyle modification are also advised.
What are the advantages of it?
- Spinal manipulation therapy (SMT) is one of the effective therapy for the patients with low back pain but it has shown positive effects only in some patients.
- Chiropractic can effectively treat injuries such as muscle strains, tennis elbow, pelvic sprains.
- Chiropractic helps in relieving pressure in the joints, soft tissue, and it also include typical spinal adjusting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Gastro-intestinal symptoms and diseases can be reduced by chiropractic therapy like colic, chronic constipation, gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), heartburn, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Chiropractic treatment also helps in improving neck pains due to obstructing structures whether it may be from the distant or nearer cause.
- The nervous system functions simultaneously along with the immune system, and other systems. According to chiropractic, the pathways of nerves from the central nervous system require open communication with the immune system so that our body can repair itself. Chiropractic care removes any obstacles which obstruct this line of communication.
- Chiropractic care can be used in a woman’s pregnancy to make pregnancy comfortable, and can also be used to reduce the chances of complicated labor.
- It also helps in cancer patients for improving wellness, and to prevent it through education.
What are the adverse effects of it?