Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Hematologists in India. You will find Hematologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Hematologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S P JoshiYour feedback matters!
I haven't been able to sleep since 3 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
My shoulders ball and socket joint has got affected due to sudden stretch while playing. For which I couldnt throw any thing. What should I do?
I am 24 years old boy, I suffered from acl tear as shown on the MRI reports ,and a complex meniscus partial tear will a Surgery be effective in long term basis as I indulge in active sports like football gymming and weight training.
My wife have chronic leg pain problem at night some times she start crying I consult many doctors but no one could help us she suffering from thyroid problem please help us.
Full-thickness tear subscapularis tendon and supraspinatus tendon, rest of tendon are ok, please give me best advised precaution. With regards.
My mother is 40 years old and I think she is suffering with insomniac because she keeps on telling me that she couldn't sleep properly at nights. It take at least 1hour for her to sleep after going to bed. Could you please tell me any suggestions?
My foot is paining very much like that I can't walk also and my back is paining when I get up in the early morning so I can't stand also with th is back pain which medicine I want to take medicine how many days thankfully.
I think i'm starting to have an insomnia I haven't been able to sleep for three days in a row, what should I do about it?
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"