Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.N Chugh
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.N ChughYour feedback matters!
Hi, In my blood report monocyte count is 01%. I think it should be 02-10%. How can I increase monocyte count on blood.
Sir, The sperm is very dilute And after one time night fall my veins are paining so much. Please suggest. What should I do?
Dealing With the Unbearably Itchy Penis
Every man has one thing in common: At some point in their lives, they have suffered from penile itching. It might have been a fleeting incident where the delicate penis skin just kept itching for no apparent reason. Or it might have been a more serious issue, perhaps with something easy to treat, like jock itch - and the problem was resolved with a little extra attention to penis care.
But for some men, the penile itching becomes totally unbearable - to a point where they can think of little else, and nothing they try will make it go away. That's when the typical itchy penis becomes something more serious.
But what could be causing the unbearably penile itching? Here are a few things that could cause the kind of itching that sends a man straight to the doctor for some relief.
1) Serious infections. Sometimes an infection gets out of control, and that's when the penile itching gets out of control, too. A yeast infection can become serious very quickly, as can jock itch that has been allowed to hang around for a while. These infections can lead to serious itching, and once they are out of control and spread around the wider manhood area, it can take a doctor's prescription to help things get back to normal.
2) Lice, scabies and other bugs. Nobody wants to think about creepy-crawlies on their body, especially not their most intimate areas. But unfortunately, there are several types of bugs that can wind up in the groin area and create an unbearably itchy penis situation. In most cases, these bugs must be eradicated with the proper medications, which means a visit to the doctor to figure out what is going on and get the right treatment.
3) Skin conditions. Some skin conditions can cause an itchy penis. Psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis are the top culprits - these conditions are often hereditary or show up in cycles, so it's important to get checked out by the doctor to figure out which problem it is. Each can have a different treatment.
4) Sexually transmitted diseases. One of the biggest culprits of that awful itch is contracting a sexually transmitted disease from a partner. Fortunately, there are many quick and easy tests for most of these infections, so a quick visit to the doctor can result in the proper treatment starting almost immediately.
5) Allergies. Though this often causes an itchy penis situation that resolves quickly, sometimes it lingers for no apparent reason. That's when a man can look to a rarer allergy cause. For instance, penile itching that results from changing the detergent a man uses on his clothing is easily fixed by simply not using that detergent anymore. But if it persists, the allergy might be sparked by something he eats, a medication he has recently begun taking, or even a place he has started to frequent - such as using new towels at the gym.
6) More serious issues. Sometimes penile itching can become unbearable but there appears to be no clear cause, even after a doctor's visit to get a professional opinion. That's when a guy has to look to other reasons that might be causing the problem. Though it is rare to have issues like penile cancer or melanoma, these things do happen - so an itch that just won't go away deserves another look by a dermatologist to rule out these possibilities.
In the meantime, a man can keep the skin of his penis smooth and supple, thus eliminating dryness and easing the itch. This can be done with a good penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A guy should look for a crème that contains Shea butter and vitamin E, two ingredients that help ensure the best possible hydration while a man look for the underlying cause of the itchy penis.