Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.N. Basu
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.N. BasuYour feedback matters!
Very good and superb doctor
Vaginal discharge or odor is one of the most common conditions in women, yet the least talked about or taken help for. It is of vital importance that more and more women become aware of the condition and stop neglecting it. It is this neglect towards the condition that leads to some ancillary side effects and the increase in the complexity of the situation. Before things take a turn for the bad, it is imperative that you take help from concerned medical specialists and fight the condition during its initial days itself.
Why consult a specialist?
Treating the condition as soon as you notice it leads you to stem other diseases and infections that may be caused as a side effect. Also, vaginal discharge and foul odor can become not only the cause of discomfort for your day to day life, but also a great hindrance in your private life. Don’t let a curable condition hamper your personal life and most importantly your conjugal life. Visiting a doctor will help you get rid of both the excessive discharge and foul order. All you have to do is shred that mental neglect and confining attitude, step out of the home and make way to the doctor’s clinic.
What causes vaginal discharge?
Some of the most common causes of vaginal discharge include-
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infection is by far the most common cause of vaginal discharge. This relatively common condition is caused by fungus. This factor is characterised by itchiness, irritation and swelling.
- Urethritis: Another cause influencing excessing vaginal discharge includes Urethritis. This condition is influenced by the inflammation and irritation in the tube carrying urine, also referred to as the urethra.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is an alarming cause of vaginal discharge. This disease is sexually transmitted and affects warm and wet areas of the body.
Other causes of vaginal discharge include pregnancy, anxiety, cervix inflammation, cervical cancer or history of the same.
Causes of vaginal foul odor:
Some of the most common causes of vaginal odor are-
- Infection: Fungal infection is a major cause of vaginal odor.
- Sweat: Accumulation of sweat in wet and humid areas of the body leads to a certain amount of odor. The same goes for the vagina.
- Hormonal change: Change in hormone and discharges also lead to a foul-smelling vagina.
- Overused tampon: Using a tampon for a longer period than prescribed can also lead to accumulation of periodical blood and bacteria, leading to foul smell from the vagina.
Treating vaginal discharge and foul odor:
In case that vaginal discharge and a foul odor is becoming a major concern in your life and making things uncomfortable for you, it is the time that you make your way to a medical specialist. Other preventive practices often suggested by doctors include- wearing loose clothes, not wearing a tampon for a long time, losing weight, consulting a gynaecologist before starting a specific treatment or medication, etc.
I have sex Whit my boyfriend after period 5 days And my last period date is 18 nov. I got not my period 17 dec .plz help me I worried.
I am 22 years old. I Have miscarriage in my first pregnancy due to bleeding of 41 days fetus. Now I am 15 weeks pregnant. Can I take corn flour and desi ghee in my meal? Isn't it harmful ?please suggest me.
Hello, I am taking i-pill in 2-3 months regularly for 5 time. I just wanted to know about the side effects. I have a little bit of PCO disease also. Please help me.
What is Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is a neurological condition and is caused by damage to myelin, which protects the nerve fibres of the central nervous system.
- Cognitive problems
- Loss of sight and mobility
- Double vision
- Blindness in one eye
- Muscle weakness
- Trouble with sensation
- Trouble with coordination
How Can Physiotherapy Help You?
Physiotherapy can help in cases of multiple sclerosis by providing:
- Physical independence
- Increased chances of staying in employment
- Improved general health and quality of life
Ways of Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis
1. Improve posture
- By putting the right muscle in the right place and at the right time to help it work efficiently.
- This is required for balancing, walking, and improving arm and hand function.
2. Improve Balance
- Multiple sclerosis can alter the way in which a person moves, making him/her feel as if he/she is more likely to fall.
- Neurological physiotherapy helps rebuild poor balance.
3. Improve Walking
- Walking is affected because of general or specific muscle weakness.
- The general weakness can be addressed by exercises.
- In specific weakness, the treatment is likely to be more specialized with rehabilitation technology.
- The most common treatment method for a drop foot or a floppy foot is with functional electrical stimulation (FES).
4. Improve Spasticity
- Muscle spasms, pain, or stiffness in the muscles are experienced by these patients.
- The physiotherapist can help reduce the problems associated with this type of altered muscle function and leg weakness.
- The therapy involves stretches to help you maintain mobility and prevent muscle spasms. It also includes training on how to use mobility aids like a cane, walker, or a wheelchair.
- For rehabilitation exercises, splints or orthoses are used.
5. Improve Fatigue
- Fatigue is a symptom of multiple sclerosis; however, people also get fatigued because of the extra effort they have to invest in all their activities.
- Neurological physiotherapy will work with you to help you manage the fatigue so you can save your energy for the good stuff.
During a relapse
- A relapse — also called a flare or exacerbation — is a period of time when symptoms of multiple sclerosis are more frequent or severe.
- During this period, you may have greater difficulty with everyday tasks that include working, cooking, walking, or bathing.
Progressive multiple sclerosis
- If you have primary progressive multiple sclerosis, you don’t experience relapses. Instead, your disease is on a gradual, constant decline.
- For advanced multiple sclerosis
- People with advanced multiple sclerosis have severe multiple sclerosis symptoms.
- People with advanced multiple sclerosis are non-ambulatory.
- It means they cannot walk or get around without help from another person or a motorized device. Also, people at this stage have an increased risk of developing other health conditions such as osteoporosis or epilepsy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
लेकिन जाने की खबर तो 9 सेकेंड पहले भी पता नहीं चलती ।।।
इसलिए मस्त और व्यस्त रहो.
Hi. I had relation for 7 years now my vagina is so loose. So can you please provide me the solution for this?
Hello, my husband age 33 last week he was suffered from urine infection when he passed urine continuously blood came then he took treatment. For what reason blood came whether he can eat envy what diet he should follow Please suggest me.
There are many benefits of homeopathic medicine, including:
1. It can be used by pregnant women and nursing women.
2. It can be used by children and infants.
3. It does not interfere with medications taken by a person.
4. If an incorrect remedy is selected, it is completely safe and will not harm the person at all.
5. Other than occasional, mild, and short-lived symptom aggravations which pass quickly and tend to be followed by improvements in the symptoms of a person, there are no side-effects of homeopathic remedies. This symptom aggravation is actually regarded by homeopaths as a sign that the correct homeopathic remedy has been selected and usually results in symptom improvements.
6. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions.
7. It is an individualized system of medicine which treats the person, not merely the symptoms. The symptoms, however, are addressed when using this approach and are typically improved.
8. Homeopathy is a holistic approach to healing, one that involves the body, mind, emotions, and spirit of the person being treated.
9. Homeopathic remedies are readily available and can, therefore, be used by anyone.
10. Homeopathic remedies are typically inexpensive and therefore provide an affordable approach to healing.
11. Homeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time.
12. Homeopathic medicine is non-invasive.
13. There are many studies proving the effectiveness of homeopathy, when used correctly.