Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.N.A. Rizvi
Submit a review for Dr. S.N.A. RizviYour feedback matters!
Hi, frequently I get urine burning sensation very badly. Few months back doctor suggested antibiotic tablets and control. Now again I'm getting urine burning sensation. Pls advice.
The kidneys are small organs that filter about 200 liters of water each day, removing out about 2 liters of toxins and wastes in a water medium as urine. In addition to maintaining the fluid levels in the body, they also produce hormones that regulate blood pressure, produce red blood cells, and play a vital role in maintaining bone health. Any problem with the kidney, infection or otherwise, can lead to its improper functioning, causing damaging results on the rest of the body organs.
While the bad news is that most diseases from infections to diabetes to hypertension and cancer have an adverse effect on the kidneys, there are signs that can be watched out for, which can indicate a problem with the kidneys and so further damage prevented. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms of kidney disease and how further progression can be prevented.
- Change in urination process: Any change in the process of urination should be a warning for a test. It could be change in color or the appearance of the urine, painful urination, burning on urination, difficulty to start and stop a stream, or too frequent or infrequent urinations. These are usually the first symptoms of kidney disease and should be an alarm to get a kidney function test done. If you have hypertension or a strong family history of kidney disease, then getting a simple urine test to check optimal kidney function is definitely mandated. These could indicate conditions like infection, diabetes, kidney failure, or other conditions which can all be identified with further testing and then treated accordingly. The progress of the disease can be halted, which can help improve overall quality of life.
- Fatigue, loss of energy: As noted above, impaired kidney function leads to other organs being affected and buildup of toxins in the body. There is also anemia which sets in due to decrease in red blood cells and therefore reduced overall energy levels, loss of sleep, and fatigue.
- Swollen eyes, feet, and ankles: Reduced kidney function leads to fluid accumulation, sodium retention, loss of protein, which all lead to swollen eyes and ankles and feet. These are easy to identify and should ring a bell to get checked for kidney functions.
- Muscle cramps: Improper electrolyte levels can affect muscle functioning, leading to painful cramps. Along with changes in the process of urination, this should be an indication of underlying kidney disease.
Keep a track of any above mentioned problems as they can help in saving not just the kidneys but all the vital organs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
A large number of women visit the doctor for common ailments like involuntary urination or incontinence, which occurs due to weakening of the sphincter muscles around the urethra. An overactive bladder is an embarrassing as well as an annoying condition and it comes in forms like urinary urgency, urge incontinence, nocturia and frequency. Yes, there are solutions to this problem and the main solution that can be adapted is a change in lifestyle.
Imperative tips to follow to treat an overactive bladder
- It is very important that the diet pattern be changed and food items as well as drinks that worsen the condition be avoided.
- It is best to avoid spicy food, especially those that contain hot peppers. Citrus fruits like grapefruit, orange and tangerine must be avoided; tomato products and tomato paste must be avoided.
- It is also best to avoid alcoholic beverages and even drinks that contain caffeine.
- It is important to maintain a healthy diet. To improve bladder problems, it is obligatory that food products that contain more fiber are included in the diet.
- These fibrous food items could include whole wheat bread, fresh fruits, cereals and beans. To maintain bowel regularity, it is very important that women follow a regular exercise program.
Women must take charge of their treatment and it is most important that before taking any medication, they must make behavioral modifications. It is important to record the input of the fluid consumed as well as to keep a check on the number of times they urinate. Women must not only maintain a healthy weight, but also quit smoking. Smoking cigarettes can irritate the muscles of the bladder and excess coughing can lead to leakage of urine. Non-irritating fluids that can improve the bladder condition can be taken 3-4 times in a day; so it is best to avoid beverages that are acidic or caffeinated. The techniques that would help you to control an overactive bladder can be learnt under the guidance of a doctor to decrease the urge to urinate.
Consult your doctor for medications to treat an overactive bladder. Some doctors even prescribe certain medications to treat an overactive bladder and these include anticholinergics. These drugs help to control the muscle spasms, which mainly lead to an overactive bladder. The most common anticholinergics recommended by doctors are solifenacin, oxybutynin, fesoterodine, propantheline and dicyclomine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.