Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. Mahanta
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S. MahantaYour feedback matters!
Hi, Since 7 months i am suffering from spine pain So I recently got a MRA scanning Technique:- T1 sagittal, T2 sagittal, T2 axial, STIR coronals, Mr. myelogram, whole spine T2 sagittats. FINDINGS: -alignment of lumbar vertebrae is normal -lumbar lordosis maintained -marginal osteophytes noted. Rest of the vertebrae bodies are normal in height And signal intensity. -posterior neural arch elements appear normal -discs show varying degree of dessication -diffuse annular disc bulges seen at L4-L5 & L5-S1 levels causing indentation over the all sac with bilateral lateral recess narrowing and moderate neural compression at L4-L5 level Posterior annular tear seen at L4-S1 level. -conus and filum terminal show normal signal intensity -flaval ligaments and facet joints are normal.-pre and paraspinal soft tissue are normal -both sacroiliac joints are normal to the extent seen. So we recently consulted a neurology she prescribed some medicines like Gabapin Tolperitas retense pantocid But there is no result in my pains I'm suffering a lot could you please give me a suggestion please.
Hello I am 18 years old and I have a problem that is, I have back pain, for what reason I don't know. But I can guess it is due to masturbation, and lastly one more thing I want to grow up my pennis. please help me sir I will very grateful to you Thank you.
Every morning when I wake up, my back ribs hurt. After waking the ache subsides. What could be the reason?
My back these days is paining while getting up. I am not getting why is it happening. But it pains like hell in the morning and after some time it gets normal like after bath. What should I do.
I am 27 years old I frequently get hyper acidity attack, back ache, neck pain and head ache. Please help.
Hi sir I am ameen my age is 19 years. I am from new delhi south ex1. I am suffering from backache since last 1 months. So please I nead your help. Sir please contact me.
Good afternoon Sir/Madam I am Dalveer Singh I had problem in my knee joint pain due to ligament. I had operate ACL & PCL 4 month before. But some days ago I danced relative function. So right now I feel little pain at operate knee. I am afraid about that. Please suggest me every thing its ok & what is the limitation after surgery.
Hello sir My sisters age is 21. She is suffering from backache n she feels like something is vibrating inside her right chest. Is this any serious matter? please reply fast.
A herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herinated Disc:
- An untreated case of herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
Diagnosis of Herinated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of herniated disc or slip disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxers, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiskectomy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!