Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. S M DandeYour feedback matters!
Was on novelon pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of the june pack took it along with the last at a time gap of 24 hrs. Took a 6 day break in which I had my withdrawal bleed. Then started with my new pack of july. Next day of the july pack we had intercourse which was protected but the same condom was used for three rounds in the intercourse. We then had protected intercourse on 14th of july. This time we were careful. Both the times condom did not break or had holes. But first time condom is used thrice. After that we never had sex. I never missed a pill on july until 21st of july which was doubled on 22nd of july. I had a breakthrough bleeding on 22nd july which was stopped as I took the pill. I then continue with the pill normal. My pill pack ended on 28th of july. And withdrawal bleed happened on 1st and continued upto 6th. It was a normal withdrawal bleed. Today I took a test after 1 month and five days and it was negative. But am gassy all the time and too stressed out. Am I safe?
I am 28 years old girl. I have high prolactin levels and have difficultly loosing weight. Also my periods are extremely scanty and last for only one and half days but are regular. Kindly suggest what would be the best treatment for increasing the flow during periods ?
Hello doc im a mother of a month old daughter n I'm planning to gt back in physical relation with my husband but still have pain in my stitches as I had delivery via forceps wat to do. Thanks in advance.
Hi doc, I am having hyperthyroid and pcos. Currently am taking methimez 5 tab for thyroid. Am advised to loose weight for pcos. Since 20 days I am doing walking on treadmill for 60 to 90 min for 5 to 6 days a week. I am also following the diet like. Breakfast :oats with banana and almonds (no sugar no milk) lunch: 2 dry wheat roti veg and salad of cucumber and carrot and dinner: 1 roti dry and salad and veg. I dri k green tea twice a day and between I take fruit like sweet lime and papaya or apple. Is this diet sufficient or do I have to follow any other diet for weight loss. I need to loose atleast 8 kg within 3 months. My current weight is 79.6. When I started diet and walk my weight was 80 kg. Last 20 days weight keeps on differing between 78.6 to 79.6. I am also trying to drink 3 ltrs water everyday. Pls suggest if I am doing something wrong .I have stopped tea as well. Pls tel me if my weight will reduce by following the same routine or not. Thanks.
Last month I had my periods on 17th april then I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend several times and depending on that I took 3 ipill in total till date. On 13th night I took one tablet named Histon (Norethisterone) tablet for postponing my period because generally I have early periods. Till today I didn't have my periods, I am having acute pain in my lower abdomen also which generally shows me the period's symptom. Is there any chance for me to become pregnant? Pls hlp me.
4 Benefits of being a vegan
Being a vegan is not a fad diet. It's also a personal philosophical and lifestyle choice. A person may choose to become a vegan because of environmental factors, health factors, and other ethical reasons. What differentiates a vegan from a vegetarian is the fact that a vegan not only doesn't eat meat or other animal products but doesn't use any other animal products or by-products whatsoever, such as dairy products, leather, eggs, honey, wool, silk, fur etc.
Good News is that adopting such a lifestyle can be an entry into a world of better health.
Some of the health benefits of being a vegan are:
1) Improved mood - Edible and dietary sources of food from animals are rich in arachidonic acid, and research has concluded a relationship linking mood disturbances with arachidonic acid. It has been also found that restricting the consumption of meat, fish and poultry can lead to mood improvements. Vegetarian diets are not rich in this acid and, thus, they may help in uplifting your general mood.
2) Can reduce chance of diabetes by up to 50% - According to a research by Loma Linda University School of Public Health, a vegan diet can lead to a drastic reduction in the prevalence of diabetes. A vegan diet also helps in the management of diabetes as well as helps to reduce the likelihood of contracting diabetes by 50%.
3) Lower cholesterol - Eating animal fat doesn't have any benefit. Instead, it can have harmful health effects. Thus, it's not surprising that once animal fats are removed from your diet, it can lead to a healthier lifestyle. After studying the long-term effects of following a vegetarian diet, researchers in Korea have concluded that body fat and cholesterol tend to lower in vegans than those who follow a non-vegetarian diet.
4)Reduced risk of stroke and obesity - Vegans, in general, have a lower chance of binge eating and choosing to eat food out of emotions; this is because they follow a strict diet. These two factors, which contribute to obesity, are mostly observed in non-vegetarians and very rarely in vegans.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I'm 25 years old and 13 weeks pregnant. I have a doubt whether we can lay on desk at work by sitting on chair for more than hour. Because my stomach is paining after waking up n when I lay down I can feel my stomach is compressed.
My wife missed her menstruation. And she is pregnant. We don't want child now. Is there any medical or surgical abortion I need? help. How cost it would be. please help me urgent.
A tumor may be defined as an abnormal unwanted growth of tissue in any part of the body. This word need not immediately cause panic because the tumor may or may not cause a health threat. There are three types of tumors:
- Benign tumor: This is a noncancerous type of tumor. In our body, new cells are formed while the old ones called dead ones are disposed by our immune system. When this disposal of cells does not occur, the remaining dead cells form a lump, which is called a benign tumor. They are not dangerous since, they do not contain harmful fluids and do not spread. A person suffering from a benign tumor in the brain may have frequent headaches.
- Pre-malignant tumor: It is an initial disorder, or an earlier symptom of cancer manifestation. The inclination of this medical condition is that it will progressively become precarious. This is so because it is capable of conquering neighboring tissues and spreading as well. Leukoplakia is a form of premalignant cancer. They evolve as thick white patches inside the cheeks or on gums below the tongue. These patches are very difficult to be scraped off from the mouth. They are caused mainly due to chewing tobacco and smoking, and if left untreated can expand.
- Malignant tumor: These are the cancerous tumors, in which cells multiply abnormally and rapidly. They are unstable and travel along bloodstream, circulatory system and lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Sarcomas and carcinomas are the most common types of malignant tumors. While the former is related to connective tissues the latter is related to organs and glands.
The most common procedure to name the type of cancer is to refer to their site of origin. Adenocarcinoma, refers to cancer in the adenoid glands. Similarly, a benign tumor of fatty tissue is called lipoma, where as a malignant tumor in the same area is referred to as liposarcoma.
What is a biopsy? How does it relate to a tumor?
A Biopsy is a medical procedure practised by qualified medical practitioners. This procedure helps in identifying the type of tumor within a patient. It aids the doctor to conclude the type of treatment to be given to any patient. This procedure is a definite diagnosis to the identification of cancer. A Biopsy is the removal of a sample of the abnormal, unwanted tissue for laboratory examination. Biopsies are of different types, and they may be performed using ultrasound, CT scan or MRI depending on where the tumor is.
- Excisional biopsy: In this method the entire lump of excess tissue is removed.
- Incisional biopsy: Here a sample of the abnormal tissue is removed surgically.
- Needle aspiration biopsy: Here the sample is extracted with the help of a needle.
After extraction, the tissue layers are sent to pathological departments to check their composition, and cause of disease.