Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S M DandeYour feedback matters!
Is the dates are good to eat during pregnancy? Which foods you can recommend during first 2 months of pregnancy?
Partied hard this diwali? 5 detox drinks to get back on track!
Detoxifying your body every now and then is a good way to help cleanse your system and to get rid of toxins. Having detox drinks is a good idea after a festive season or once you are back from a vacation. Since you may have indulged a bit too much over that time, detox drinks help your body get back in shape. Detox drinks also help your body shed the excess fat.
Here are some detox drinks that you can try:
1. Watermelon and mint water
Watermelon is a great detoxifying agent, it contains an amino acid called citrulline which helps rid the body of the toxin ammonia. Flavoring water, which also helps flush out the body's toxins and makes the liver and kidneys job a little bit easier, with watermelon and mint is a great way to detox. Mint adds a great flavor to your drink and it helps with digestion by enabling the flow of bile to the gallbladder and small intestine, which breaks down fats. You can also add a squeeze of lime for a bit of zing. Leave the mix overnight and drink the detox nectar with cubes of ice the next day.
Improve digestion with patanjali products
2. Cucumber and lime water
Cucumber also has citrulline but less than that of watermelon. Add to this lime juice and wedges of lime, which are important for bowel regulation and treating heartburn and gas. Mint is another key ingredient to this water mixture for added flavor and digestive relief.
3. Lemon and ginger
The best detox drink for when you wake up first thing is either warm or cool water with lemon and ginger. Just grate some ginger into a cup of water and squeeze in some lemon. Lemon is a natural detoxifying agent and ginger helps boost your metabolism. You can see why drinking this first thing in the am makes the most sense, it kick starts your system and gets your body ready for the day.
Have balanced nutritious protein drink with essential vitamins &amp; minerals for a healthy body
4. Avocado and cucumber smoothie
This smoothie is rich with essentials oils and detoxifying goodness. Blend avocado cucumber, fresh basil, a pinch of salt together for a great boost to your digestive system, metabolism and kidneys. If you feel like it, throw in a few nuts particularly almonds, which are great for your liver, for added flavor. Rest assured this green drink may not look appetizing but its full of healthy benefits for your body.
5. White tea
We all know that a fat build up in your body lowers your metabolism and adversely affects your cholesterol levels. White tea is a great detoxifying agent because it serves two key functions it helps the body break down fat and prevents the body from forming new fat cells.
So, go ahead and give these drinks a try and help your body cleanse naturally. Stay healthy, stay happy!
My spouse has been diagnosed with a bulky uterus condition. She has so far no complaint or discomfort indications. When is it advisable to go for surgery or can it be treated with medicine?
Does histafree tablet removes all flum? It was a course given to me for cold .For 5 days .As I'm pregnant is it harmful if we get caught by cold or sinus? N ya I feel the rapid movement of the baby esp after food if I lie straight on bed. Is it a good sign?
I am 38 weeks pregnant. Lmp was 14th april 2016 I am facing back pain from 6 to 7 days in interval of 15 mins some times in the interval of 5 mins. Is this sign of early labour pr something else? And acc to sono my placenta is garde 3 mature.
I read somewhere it was written that" patient taking anti - tb medicine should take high dose of i-pill to protect her pregnancy" Because drugs in the medicine can minimize it's effect. Is it true? If yes then how much tablet at once will be preferable?
The thought of undergoing a major surgery worries most people as they stress about the possible surgical complications, outcomes of the procedure or just get scared with the idea of getting an incision. But, following a few simple steps before the surgery may enable you to not only lessen your fears but also accelerate the recovery process.
Here are some of the most effective tips to prepare yourself in a way that ensures a stress-free surgical procedure.
1. Acquire knowledge about the surgery beforehand
Keep yourself thoroughly informed about the surgical procedures you will undergo. Ask your surgeon about the time required for complete recovery, your stay at the hospital, hygiene standards of the hospital etc. Also, talk about the surgical complications that you may experience and the measures to be taken from your side to deal with them.
2. Inform the doctor about your prevalent health issues
Talk to your doctor if you are suffering from any medical conditions currently like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis etc. Also inform him if you are under any kind of medications or allergic to any particular drug.
3. Enquire about the types of anaesthesia available
Knowing about your anaesthesia choices always help you prepare better for an operation. While some surgery requires specific types of anaesthesia for other you can decide whether you want a local, regional or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia is used for affecting a small area while the regional one is used for numbing a larger part and general, your entire body.
4. Be prepared to deal with the post-surgery pain
You might experience post-surgery pain depending on the type of procedure followed. Ask your doctor for suggestions on the type of medicines you should do to curb this pain. Generally, most doctors recommend drugs, hot or cold therapy, massage etc.
5. Look for a caregiver in advance
You will require some support and care after the surgery while you recover. Seek the help of your family and friends in this regard and ensure that someone can stay with you for at least a day after you return from the hospital.
6. Follow the pre and post surgery instructions given by the doctor
Follow all the instructions given by the doctor regarding the kind of diet to be followed, restriction from consuming certain things like alcohol or any other lifestyle changes required to keep you healthy before and after the surgery.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
New study says eating junk food may shrink the part of your brain involved in learning memory and mental health. Older adults who eat more unhealthy foods such as sweet drinks salty snacks and processed meats have smaller left hippocampi.
Hii Dr. I'm 6 month pregnant, & mujhe beta thalassemia manner bi hai, ye mujhe ek week pehle pata chali h, kya mere child ko thalassemia hone ki kitne chance h, or ye manner ho sake h ya major. Par mere husband ko thalassemia nhi hai, please answer my question i'm very worry about my child.
If your teenager finds out that she is pregnant, and will be having a baby soon, it is a very difficult situation to cope with. Teenage pregnancy is associated with intense stress and trauma in both the girl and her parents, and family. It is important for you to realise that teenage pregnancy can be okay, based on good and wise decisions. You should seek all options at hand, and discuss them with people you trust. There are several coping methods for dealing with the stress, trauma, and difficulty of teenage pregnancy. They are as follows:
Keep in mind that it is okay to be overwhelmed
- A flood of emotions is likely to flow through your body on finding out that your teenage daughter is pregnant.
- Your mind has to be set for facing several challenges which lie ahead. You have to go ahead.
- It is okay to feel upset, but avoid showing it in front of your daughter.
- You might be upset and angry, but you need to realise that your daughter is scared and alone.
- She needs you by her side during this phase more than ever. Your child’s health has to remain relaxed both physically and mentally during pregnancy.
- Do not make your daughter feel shameful as it will worsen the trauma. You need to make her understand that you are with her to figure out some kind of solution.
Ask your daughter what she wants
- It is important for you to ask your pregnant teenage daughter about what she wants, and you should respect her wishes.
- Your daughter has to be comfortable with the choices you make regarding the pregnancy.
Give her advice and help her in exploring options
- Instead of forcing your opinions and views on your daughter, you need to lead her to beneficial resources and support centres.
- It is important for your daughter to make the best decision, without a lot of influence over what has been decided.
- Explore the available options with her and point out the various pros and cons.
Teach your daughter the skills required to become independent
- While you have to help your teenage daughter emotionally, financially and in many other ways, you should also teach her the ways of becoming an independent self sufficient adult.
- If she decides on having the baby, it is very important for her to learn to take care of the baby and deal with all the issues that are likely to be faced.
It is also recommended for you to take your pregnant teenage daughter for therapy and proper counselling. These are also important for her to cope with the trauma and make the best decisions.
I am getting brownish periods from last 2 months and it was lighter in thickness of periods blood so pls tell me about this is not the issue of severe problem?
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 28 February and after 5 hours she took unwanted 72 then the very next day she complained about the headache she did not vomited on that day. Now on her period day 3 march she was not conceive period, on 4 march suddenly in morning she complained about vomiting about 4 times and still not get period on time. What can I do now? Is this ok or not?
Me and my wife planning for baby from lase tow months we I have ejaculated almost every three days since last two months however both months she got period may I know the reason behind this and also let me know what further step I need to take so that successful we can get baby.
Most of us wake up to a cup of hot coffee every morning. Coffee is like an indispensable part of most of our lives. But, there has been a lot of debate regarding the effect of coffee on human health. While some believe that coffee is a performance booster and prevents against certain diseases, others express doubt on the goodness of caffeine in coffee. Rather, the presence of caffeine keeps a lot of us worried about the adverse effects of coffee.
But, one needs to keep in mind that coffee is a complex beverage. It has both its pros and cons. One needs to know all about coffee before ordering the second cup for himself or herself. Reasons for having that second cup of coffee:
- Coffee activates your system: It contains caffeine that increases the level of adrenaline hormone in your body. This hormone is responsible for getting you ready for fighting against odds or physical tasks.
- Coffee checks your body weight: It contains minerals like magnesium and potassium. These minerals maintain the insulin level in your body. Therefore, by drinking coffee, your appetite for quick snacks gets killed. However, the sugar levels stay intact. It also burns fat.
- Protection against cancer: A recent study claimed that coffee can provide protection against cancer. It is said to have the potential to reduce the chances of having prostate cancer in men and endometrial cancer in women.
- Guard against other serious diseases: Coffee is believed to provide prevention against some serious diseases Type II diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease and stroke. It contains antioxidants that boost body’s immune system. Caffeine can lower one’s sensitivity towards insulin and provides impairment to glucose tolerance, reducing chances of developing Type II diabetes.
Reasons for not having that second cup of coffee:
- Toxic: Coffee has the possibility of being toxic. It can be adulterate with a lot of harmful impurities. The cheaper and poor quality coffee can prove to be highly toxic sometimes.
- Don’t overdrink: Coffee can prove very harmful and even lethal, if taken in larger quantities. It has the potential to kill an individual, if 80-100 cups are consumed in a shorter session.
- It gives sleeplessness: Coffee can turn you into an insomniac, if consumed in larger amounts.
Nothing is good, if overdone or overused. The same goes for coffee as well. It is good for your health if taken in small amounts at measured intervals. You can definitely order the second cup of coffee for yourself, provided you keep a check on the number of cups you have consumed in the entire day. A sensible individual will drink less, but drink regularly to get blessed with the goodness of coffee beans. An irresponsible drinker will just get addicted to see the worst in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had periods around 13th last month. But this month there is no signs of it. Periods always happened within less than a month. I tried prega news to check pregnancy possibility but it showed negative (I tried with afternoon sample) . I don't want to get pregnant now. Is there any way to check what is causing periods to be delayed.
There are many questions a woman may have in mind for her gynecologist, but never asked them. Here are 15 such questions along with their solutions.
- Does my vagina smell unpleasant?: You should shower it with water and gently wipe it with a wash cloth before any test. Applying perfume makes the smell even worse.
- What to do in case the feet stink?: You should wear fresh and clean socks before going for the test and getting in the stirrup, which is a metal device for convenience of gynaecological tests.
- In case of a period, should I cancel my test appointment?: A gynaecologist is not afraid nor disgusted by blood as blood is a part of the specialist's profession. If you have heavy bleeding, you can call up the nurse for suggestions.
- What if the doctor or nurse judges my body?: Your gynaecologist does not care about your body and is more concerned about your problems and how to solve them.
- What if my legs are unshaved?: Your gynaecologist really does not care about your legs or underarms or any part of your body. Your problem is the only concern for the doctor.
- What if my shaved hair looks ugly?: As stated before, the gynaecologist is only concerned about your problem and nothing else. Use a sharp razor to prevent bumps or ingrown hair.
- What is the speculum?: It is a device used by your gynaecologist for opening your vagina in order to observe the cervix or look for infections on the vaginal wall.
- Why do I urinate in my pants if I sneeze, laugh or cough?: This is a common phenomenon for women who have given birth and is easy to treat.
- Is my vaginal discharge normal?: Having a small amount of white vaginal discharge is quite normal.
- What does the gynaecologist check inside my vagina using hands?: The bimanual exam is done using the hands to detect problems in the uterus.
- What if I do not like birth control means?: There are over 50 methods of birth control and many pills you can choose from.
- Can I ask about my sexual problems?: Absolutely yes, as it is quite an important issue.
- Can my partner or family accompany me to the test?: Yes, they can, but during the time of the test, they should leave the room.
- Can I discuss my relationship problems?: Your gynaecologist should know about any issue you are having.
- If I am having forced sex, should I tell? :Such matters should be conveyed immediately.
You can ask your gynecologist any question, which bothers you, without fear.
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.