Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.L. Bakshi
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. S.L. BakshiYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old I am suffering from backache since 3 months .it is gradually increasing .so could you say any remedies to decrease it?
I am suffering from frozen shoulder last 10 months. There is pain in right shoulder. Allopathy n homeopathy Dr. Said it is frozen shoulder. But the movement of shoulder is not that stiff as I saw on net. Please help me, Thnx.
I am a 37 years woman and am well overweight. I weigh 80 kg . I have hypothyroid and have everything else associated with it. I am quite used to all of that. My concern at the moment is to bring down my weight since I have constant pain in my legs . Especially my calves .Also the pain is particularly in the back of the knee area. I can feel tightness in the leg muscles. Who should I consult and how can I get rid of the weight and the pain in my legs.
In the technologically advanced era one lives in, it is pretty much easy to use up one’s entire day glued to the digital screens; right from checking the social media updates while commuting to sitting before the computer for everyday work. Yet nobody is aware of the fact that apart from creating a social gap, these electronic gadgets can take a toll on their postures too.
- You lean against your desks with your neck leaned forward in an attempt to grasp what is on the computer screen and your hand on your mouse scrunched up on one side. Sadly, human body was never designed to pose in such a consorted way resulting in adverse side effects.
- The head usually weighs 10 to 12 pounds on an average when it is balanced evenly over the shoulders. However, with each extra tilt forward, the weight on your spine might escalate up to 60 pounds and even beyond that. Excessive weight on the spine can lead to its subsequent collapse.
- Too much use of tablets and smart phones for swiping or texting can cause inflamed index fingers, thumb joints and tendons. You tend to suffer from wrist pain, enfeebled grip or popping sound while moving the fingers. Typing with one thumb without giving considerable breaks in between can also exert stress on the fingers.
- Hunched over, shoulders slumped and necks bent down are the ways majority of the people use their electronic gadgets. This can trigger misalignment of the spine aggravating your health. Spine protects the nervous system, coordinating and controlling various functions of the body. Any sort of disruption might render a drastic consequence.
- Poor posture impacts the ligaments and muscles in a negative way giving way to a series of complications such as gastrointestinal problems, back or neck pain or severe curvature of the spine, heightening the risk of arterial or pulmonary problems.
Hello doctor. I am hvng pain in left arm and shoulder. So I got done ecg. Doctor said it is not completely normal. Although problem in ecg is not so prominent. Wat should I do?
Lower back pain is fast becoming an epidemic not just among elderly, but across all age groups. Primary causes of back pain are quite a few including lumbar hernia, disc degenerative disease (DDD), spondylosis etc., but the symptoms are usually the same excruciating pain in the lower region of the spine, followed by stiffness. Since back pain is caused due to a number of spinal problems, it manifests differently in different patients. The pain may be dull, burning or sharp. It could also be felt at a single point or over a broad area and could be accompanied by muscle spasms or stiffness or even shooting pain in one or both legs.
Back pain can also be differentiated according to time period:
- Acute: Pain lasts for less than three months.
- Recurrent: Acute symptoms reoccur over time.
- Chronic: Pain lasts longer than three months.
Sometimes symptoms resolve on their own, but in many cases conservative treatment, such as physiotherapy, which often work better than surgery, becomes essential. Alternate therapies like surgery, acupressure, acupuncture as well as yoga and Ayurveda also help.
Physiotherapy - Exercises that work
Since the reason for low back pain is not always same, a patient’s treatment too should be tailored for his specific symptoms and condition. This is what the physiotherapist will do design an exercise plan based on the patient’s specific problem and its cause.
Physiotherapy treatments may include:
- Manual therapy, which includes direct spinal manipulation aimed at improving the mobility of joints and soft tissues
- Strengthening and flexibility exercises
- Education about what do and what not to do
- Training for proper sleeping positions, lifting, bending, and sitting as well as for working at home and at work
- Use of heat/cold treatments or electrical stimulation to help relieve pain
Physiotherapy exercises help support the back and strengthen muscles so that the spine is cushioned properly. This is why physiotherapy is relevant as a treatment for backache. Treatments like traction help in lengthening the spine and relieving compression of nerves that cause sciatica, radiating pain into legs largely due to lumbar herniation. If back pain is extreme, a patient will require physical therapy along with medication, which will help in managing pain and bringing inflammation down. But in the long term, being physically active, going for walks, sitting properly and maintaining a good posture will help the most. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!