Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. S.KumarYour feedback matters!
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Otherwise there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep:
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of have a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven’t eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Results in poor memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%.
It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I got rashes all over. Mainly stomach bach, hands, face. After biopsy blood test they told its pitutory roses. Allegra tab wyaolone tab rantac diproate lotion I am using but not reducing. What to do. Naturopathy' s doctor told me to drink more water 5 lit water and suggested to eat papaya and carrot. Please help me what to so and how to get rid of this.
I am 21 years old and from few days I do not get sleep properly due to my workload. I get angry on anyone very fast. I feel so irritated. I don't know what to do?
I feel vertigo feeling on alternate basis from last three mth sudden vomiting with movement of all things are felt with sweat coming from body. doctor in emergency prs emeset inj&&pan 40 inj ecg was normal. Dr. at ganga ram hosp delhi recommended sgot pot normal bun test normal lipid profile normal sugar normal. doctor last recommended stemtil md bd for seven days aftr eating for two tab I had a felling that my head is having no senses. I have a standing work almost 10hrs a day working for last 10 yrs in past two mth I have lost two kg weight. My sleeping hrs are less max five to six hrs. Time gap betwn brkbfast and lunch 6hr and lunch dinner 9 hrs can yu please help me what to do.
I am 25 year's old. I am suffering nights fall from long time in a month's 5 ya 6 times. I am unmarried. What to do please suggest.
I have constipation problem. I need to take triphala before going to bed. Need to reduce Flatulence too.
I am diabetic, for 20 years and right now I am 52 years old. now hba1c. 7.5 fpg. 122 pppg. 274 urea. 19 creatinine. 1.0 uric acid. 5.5 cholesterol. 156 triglycericdes. 143 hdl. Cholesterol. 47 ldl. 80 vldl. 29 tc/hdl. Ratio. 3.3 ldl/hdl. 1.7 bilirubin. Total. 0.8 sgot. 63 sgpt. 120 alkaline. Phosphatase. 74 total protein. 7.2 albumin. 4.3 globulin. 2.9 on treatment. 1. Gluformin g2.1--'-0---1 2. Jalram. 50-500 1----0---1 3. Ecospin. Av. 75 0-----0----1 Is this the correct treatment?
I have done masturbation for the past two years rarely,(continuously for a week) once and rarely then. Now I have stopped it but at night times without my consent I am having premature ejaculation (iam getting dreams) please help me out.
Http://www. Malaivelsiddhahospital. Com/hsv. Html He says that Genital Herpes is curable. Is it real? Can we trust this? He was showing the reports as well in this site (before treatment and after treatment). Can any one suggest me in this regards. Thank You.
Hi I am 26 unmarried and never had sex ,my pennies is not stiff, hard and less erectile time, now a days I am having the feel of sex is less, suggest me any good diets or anything but not English Medicine. I want long lasting and hard pennies.
I sleep very late and I got up late in morning so my work to do it very late. For this reason I reached in my work very late. I feel lack efficiency power in myself to do work.
I am 23 years I have suffer from sexual problem, I had hand job at past 6 years, but presently I have attempt sex but my cock was not standard so I am so felling please give me any answer please?
I mom is suffering from diabetes. Her legs pains a lot. Please suggest what to do to get rid of leg pain.
I have heard from many doctors that morning walk is good in diabetes. So I want to know that one should walk fastly or slowly?
Mujhe bahut jayada constipations rahta hai. Mai paani bhi bahut peeta hu or diet bhi thik leta hu. Par yeh problem nai ja rahi. Sab try kia or jab ye problem hoti hai toh bukh nai lagti thik se. Or weight nai badta isi wajha se. What should I do pls suggest?
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.