Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Cervicitis
Submit a review for Dr. S K VashishthaYour feedback matters!
Suffering from Molluscum contagiosum for over a year now. My wife is pregnant and probably she has contracted the infection as well. I'm worried because I don't want my about to be born baby to get this infection from us. Is there any way or medication or cream to get rid of this infection fast?
I had abortion pill week ago after dat I had normal blood test. Can we know In that test aboutpregnancy.
My wife's period rotation time only 20 days and continue for one and half day, even it can manage by one pad, she is 30 years old,. Is it any problem?
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus related problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Gestational diabetes is also known as gestational mellitus diabetes (GDM). It is a prevalent disorder which affects pregnant women and the main cause of this condition is the imbalance in the functioning of the insulin, which mainly happens due to the presence of human placental lactogen. Expecting mothers show a raise in their blood sugar level, especially during the last trimester of their pregnancy. Women who do not have a medical history of diabetes can also be affected with this condition.
Prominent symptoms of gestational pregnancy include:
Gestational diabetes does not have any prominent symptoms; it can only be diagnosed through proper and professional screening of blood sugar level. You should immediately consult a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Increased level of blood sugar
- Trouble to concentrate
- Recurrent headaches
- Increased thirst
- Blurry vision
- Sudden weight loss
- Decrease in low blood sugar level
- Pangs of hunger
- Pale skin and dry skin
- Excessive sweating
- Persistent weakness
How can you manage gestational diabetes?
Modification of lifestyle pattern, healthy food habits and moderate physical exercise can help minimize the risk of gestational diabetes in expecting mothers.
In order to manage gestational diabetes, the following things should be followed:
- The treatment when accompanied with balanced diet and routine exercises, reduces the occurrence of health problems in both mother and child.
- A routine screening for type ii diabetes should be conducted throughout the pregnancy, to ensure early detection and treatment of the same.
- A diet rich in fiber and whole grains minimizes the risk of diabetes in pregnancy, fresh fruits and vegetables are also known to check the blood sugar level in expecting mother, minimizing the occurrence of health problem in both mother and child.
- Giving up the use of cigarettes and other forms of tobacco may reduce the chances of gestational diabetes in female smokers.
How Does Gestational Diabetes affect Pregnancy?
Gestational diabetes is harmful for both the expecting mother and the child. It increases the risk of complications in pregnancy that can prove to be fatal.
Potential risks of gestational pregnancy include:
Me and my wife r happily married couple in feb 2016. We had protected sex for last one year and now planning for baby this year. My wife had a regular menstrual cycle of 28 -29 days. And had her periods on 20 feb this month. Please suggest me all precautions to take and the days after menses on which we should have sex for pregnancy and the positions needed thanks in advance.
What is a learning disorder?
A learning disorder is defined as difficulty in an academic area (reading, mathematics, or written expression). The child's ability to achieve in the specific academic area is below what is expected for the child's age, educational level, and level of intelligence. The difficulty experienced by the child is severe enough to interfere with academic achievement or age-appropriate normal activities of daily living. About 8% of children in schools are classified as having specific learning disabilities and receive some kind of special education support.
What causes learning disorders?
Learning disorders are believed to happen because of an abnormality in the nervous system, either in the structure of the brain or in the functioning of brain chemicals. The difference in the nervous system causes the child with a learning disorder to receive, process, or communicate information in a different way.
Who is affected by learning disorders?
According to the U.S. Department of Education, about 5% of children in U.S. schools (kindergarten through grade 12) have some type of learning disorder.
Genetic predisposition, problems during pregnancy, birth, or early infancy, as well as other general medical conditions may be associated with the cause of learning disorders.
What are the symptoms of learning disorders?
The following are the most common symptoms of learning disorders. However, each child may experience symptoms differently. Symptoms may include:
Reading disorder. A reading disorder is present when a child reads below the expected level given his or her age, grade in school, and intelligence. Children with a reading disorder read slowly and have difficulty understanding what they read. They may have difficulty with word recognition and confuse words that look similar. A reading disorder is sometimes called dyslexia.
Mathematics disorder. A mathematics disorder is present when a child has problems with skills related to numbers. Examples of this include counting, copying numbers correctly, adding and carrying numbers, learning multiplication tables, recognizing mathematical signs, and understanding mathematical operations.
Disorder of written expression. A disorder of written expression is present when a child has difficulty with writing skills. Examples of this include understanding grammar and punctuation, spelling, paragraph organization, or composing written information. Often these children also have poor handwriting skills.
How are learning disorders diagnosed?
The signs of learning disorders may be identified by parents or teachers when a child consistently has difficulty with any, or all, of the following:
Reading, spelling, writing, or completing math problems
Understanding or following directions
Distinguishing right from left
Reversing letters or numbers (confusing "b" and "d" or 12 and 21)
A comprehensive evaluation by educational and mental health professionals includes educational and psychological testing, as well as talking with the child and parents. A comprehensive evaluation identifies whether a child has a learning disorder. It also identifies learning strengths and weaknesses. Results of the evaluation are used to determine educational needs, identify the best school placement, and determine the possible need for medicine to help with distractibility or hyperactivity. Results can also determine the possible benefit of any additional therapies, such as speech therapy or family psychotherapy, to maximize the child's learning potential and quality of life.
Treatment for learning disorders
Specific treatment for learning disorders will be determined by the coordinated effort of your child's healthcare provider and mental health and educational professionals based on:
Your child's age, overall health, and medical history
Extent of the disorder
Type of disorder
Your child's tolerance for specific medicines or therapies
Expectations for the course of the disorder
Your opinion or preference
Learning disorders are treatable. A coordinated effort between parents, teachers, and mental health professionals provides the basis for individualized treatment strategies. These may include individual or group remediation, and/or special classes or resources.
Prevention of learning disorders
Preventive measures to reduce how often learning disorders happen are not known at this time. However, discovering learning disorders and doing something about them early on can reduce their severity. This will also improve the quality of life experienced by children with learning disorders.