Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.K. TiwariYour feedback matters!
I have black ring on my face. This ring is formed a weak before on my right side face. So please share your idea to remove the black spot.
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Hello sir My mom is 47 years old. My mom has so many wrinkles and black circles under eyes. How can these problem cured if possible at this old? Please help.
I have black and white heads on my face. My skin is oily. What should I do to prevent from black and white heads? Please help me.
Sir I am 24 old age pimples have in face coming in nose down area sir and also I am fair colour but 2 years later dark colour coming sir what can I do to get previous fair.
I have blackheads, dots and small holes in my face. I am 23. My skin type is oily. I used to have pimples. I almost got rid of pimples and now left with these black heads. How to clear my skin?
She is not pregnant now, but her both breast secrets some milky white substance, when some presser give on the breast. I am so afraid. Is this serious issue?
At age 12 to 16, I used to take interest in sports and my face became too black and my body is white. And now I am 18 years old at which age I get my original colour?
I have got some small dot types on the arms region, which leave the are quite rough. Is there some lotion or cure to smoothen the area?
When I go out side of home for my class in sunshine then some rashes come to my back so what should I do.
I feel itchy sometime around the anus. It generally happens in summers. I spotted very minor droplets of blood on toilet roll as well. Can you help me for this?
Hello madam/sir. I want to ask you that my mom's having CA right breast cancer. She is under treatment taking herceptin Injection along with saline once in a month. Suddenly she got feel paining on her left upper chest just upper portion from the left breast. What should we do is that heart disease? She has back thought out pain also. Spinal cord. Now seriously scared about that coz of cancer? Kindly help us.
Cholesterol pockets or Xanthelasma are yellow patches of cholesterol that form in the inner portion of the eyelids. These patches are not harmful; however, they can be a source of cosmetic concern. This condition can be indicative of an underlying heart disease.
Who are the most vulnerable to this disease?
Xanthelasma is a very rare condition that only affects people who have high blood cholesterol levels. However, this condition has been seen to develop even if one’s cholesterol levels are found to be normal. Usually, people in their middle age are the most susceptible to this condition. Xanthelasma affects women more as compared to men.
High blood cholesterol level is the primary cause for this disorder. One might be prone to this disorder if the percentage of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body is on the higher side. Another liver disorder known as ‘biliary cirrhosis’, is also known to increase blood cholesterol levels. Generally, Asians are the most vulnerable to this disease.
Derma Treatments for Xanthelasma-
As these patches do not disappear on their own, they need to be given medical attention. Usually, it’s the cosmetic concern that urges one to go for the treatment. The various treatment options for this disorder are:
Surgical removal of the cholesterol pockets.
These pockets can also be removed with a laser.
Certain medications such as trichloroacetic acid can be used to dissolve these patches.
Cryosurgery, a procedure whereby the cholesterol pockets are exposed to freezing temperatures, is also another treatment option.
Electrodessication is a surgical procedure to get rid of the cholesterol pockets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.