Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Thakur
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S K ThakurYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, Every morning when I wake up my eyes are Tumescence and this is happen till last 10 Days I don't know why? But it happen. One more thing I massage my face using ice cube daily. Obviously I put ice cube in my eyes for some mint using a cotton rumal not direct. Can it was a reason for it? Because jbse maine ye use kia h tbse hi ho rha h ye. Or fr m roj subh 2 spoon ko fridge m rkh k 15-20 bd usko eyes k niche lgata hu.
My mom is 62 years old diabetic, taking insulin also for the past 4 months because eyes specialist Dr. Advised her to cure her glaucoma in both eye but still sugar is not normal.
It has been over a month. I feel like there is something in my eye but there is nothing. This sensation makes me rub my eyes frequently. My spectacle power has increased recently. But I experience blurred vision at times.
I have watery eyes from last 2 days, is it dry eye syndrome? I have specs but they are fine. I can see properly. I am not using much of laptop right now as I am on a vacation.
My 6 year old daughter is having to much white flakes on her scalp, she keeps on itching on head and there is no lice also, so I don't understand whether it is dandruff or anything else, it comes and collect on her eyelashes and creates dryness. Suggest any good baby shampoo also.
I have a blur in my eyes once in a week. After that I have a severe headache. Headache continue that full day what is this illness.
How do I know when my eye problem is an emergency? When should I self-treat, go to my eye doctor, or head to Emergency?
My left eye flickers or twitches very often. Particularly when I don't get proper sleep or when stressed. please suggest me solution for this?
Diabetes can wreak havoc on the eye and the foot. Proper care is necessary in order to refrain from any serious consequences. It can damage the blood vessels and the nerves of the feet resulting in numbness and permanent disability. Some of the alarming foot symptoms include bruises, cuts, cracked skin and hard spots. Some of the common measures that need to be taken for foot include checking the temperature sensation of the foot by immersing it in hot water, drying the feet gently in between the toes and using agents such as lotion, lanolin, and petroleum jelly.
- Some of the other preventive measure includes cutting the nails when they are young and straight to ensure no injury to the foot takes place. It should be ensured the toe is not touched by the nail of the toe. A pumice stone can be used to get rid of the corns immediately after a bath. No medicated pads or sharp razors should be utilised to cut corns. The feet should be soaked in warm water before trimming nails.
- A shoe should be put on at all times to save the feet. The shoe sole should be thoroughly checked for foreign objects such as stones and nails to ensure that the foot is not hurt. Tight shoes should be strictly avoided in order to refrain from soreness and blisters. Dry and clean socks should be put up to ensure the foot is clean. For people living in cold area, wearing thick socks should be practised. This will help the foot protect from cold. Finally, a doctor should be called in case there are any visible signs of swelling, redness, cracks, pain or sensation of burning.
- Too much blood sugar can cause harm to the eye in four ways: It can cause damage to the retina, lens, optic nerve and vitreous gel. There could be serious repercussions of diabetes to the eye including low vision and complete loss of vision. Diabetes blocks the retina and is capable of cutting off the total supply of oxygen.
- Some of the common symptoms of retina related problems include double vision, a pressure in one eye, problems in corner vision, flashing lights, pain in the eye, blank spots etc. A simple check up by an oculist can reveal any eye problems related to diabetes.
- An ophthalmologist can treat the diabetes-related eye problem by medicine that blocks the protein responsible for fluid leakage and blood vessel growth. He can also go for laser treatment to treat macular edema. Even scatter laser treatments are also used for this purpose. If all else fails a doctor chooses to perform a procedure known as vitrectomy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.