Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.K. Singhal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.K. SinghalYour feedback matters!
Sir please help me out with the medicines of Ayurvedic However penis can be made straight with the help of ayurvedic medicines naturally.
Sir, I have single testis. I had lost one of my testis from childhood by an accident. I masturbate two times in a week .will it effect my sex life in future? Can I be a father in future?
I am Suffering from fatty liver as confirmed through USG report. Current bilirubin level -2.2 and uric acid - 6.8. There is pain in the right side of the abdomen. But the pain is not getting completely cured. Please suggest.
Hello. Im 26 years old. My weight is 67 kgs. Height is 5.9 Please tell Advantages and disadvantages of wine.
I am suffering from piles problem from last 3-4 days, looks it is first stage. Earlier I had Same problem 6 years back when I was given some medicine including one cream and one bottle perhaps name was lexis. And I got relief. Thereafter such problem arise 5-6 times than I used one ayurvedic medicine 'nityam churn and it worked every time but this time problem is as it is even today some blood was also there, pl help.
I am 21 year old male n got headaches every timw when I am reading it is painful but when took medicine or ointment it got disspaer what to do?
Hy sir I am 24 year old guy and I am gay maine kai br Apne bf k sath sex Kiya h but ab mujhe usme koi feeling nai aati sexually active type Me kya Kru jisse uske prati fir se feeling aaye Plzz help me dr.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
- Frequent urge to pass urine
- Prolonged urination
- Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
- Intermittent urination
- Difficulty to start urinating
- Inability to completely empty the bladder
- Urinary tract infections
- Blood in urine
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary and partial relief. Many men therefore prefer the surgery to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc. Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms.
In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
- Patients who do not respond to medications
- Refractory urinary retention
- Presence of blood in the urine
- Associated bladder stones or Hernia
- Frequent infections of the urinary tract
- Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube fitted with camera is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to resect or evaporate it.
There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
- Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is vaporized by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Diode or Thulium LASER can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
- Enucleation: Entire adenomatous prostate tissue is cut and teased out into the bladder by using Holmium laser. Morcellator is used to grind this enucleated prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
- Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
- Minimal hospitalization: This can be done with minimal one or two days stay at the hospital
- Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
- Minimal catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24-48 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!