Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.K Nagrani
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.K NagraniYour feedback matters!
My mother has burning pain while urinating. Urine in drops and in slow quantity at a time. She goes for urination frequently 4-5 times in a hour. In sonography no negative symptoms found. Only blood found in urine which is not seen directly by eyes. Doctors says reports are normal. She is not diabetic. please advice treatment, medicine name to cure. She has allergic asthma problem sometimes.
If the father have diabetes after his parenting then how is the link of his child's have diabetes. Is anything matters related to his gene or something else? If the risk is more then what care should someone suppose to take to avoid the risk?
I recently checked my blood sugar level & was shocked to get a range of 400! I have stopped taking direct sugar, started yoga in the morning & jogging. Light gym in the evening. Having methi, bitter gourd in the morning & evening respectively. This problem is hereditary for me. Doctor please suggest if anything has to be changed. I’m just 22. Today I check through the strip digital machine & found to be 250 in the afternoon & 320 again at night.
I have goitre and my age is 19, what are the things that I should stop eating to help cure it? Please help me.
About three months ago during routine check-up, I found my TSH level was 6.5. After a few days in the next test my TSH level was 5.8. Now my TSH is 13.35. Is this Hypothyroidism. Should I take Thyronorm.
I undergo a t3 t4 and tsh test in which my t3 is 91 t4 is 5.6 and tsh is 7.05 please tell me what does it mean as I am regularly going to gym and on diet I loose weight in the first 2 months about 8 kg but the weight has been stuck, please guide me what to do.
You pass by that cake shop and happen to glance at a sumptuous chocolate cake, and then realization dawns on you that you are not allowed to eat simple sugar. Why? The answer to it is diabetes, for which you only have your pancreas to blame. Situated behind the stomach in your body, the pancreas is an organ whose role is to produce hormones and enzymes that aid in the digestive process. One of the hormones that the pancreas produces is insulin which is required by the body to metabolize sugar that is present in various foods.
So, if your pancreas does not produce the required amount of insulin or fails to utilize insulin effectively, it leads to accumulation of glucose in your blood. The improper functioning of the pancreas leads to diabetes. There are four types of diabetes and they are classified with respect to the manner in which the pancreas mal-functions:
- Type 1 Diabetes: In this type, the immune system of the body wrongly attacks the insulin producing beta cells of the pancreas. This impairs the ability of the pancreas to secrete insulin, thus leading to Type 1 diabetes. However, even after extensive research in this field, the exact triggers haven’t been found yet.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 Diabetes develops when the body becomes resistant to insulin. It can either mean that the pancreas is producing less than normal insulin or the body is not being able to utilize the produced insulin effectively. Factors such as a poor diet and lack of exercise increase the risks of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Pre-diabetes: Pre-diabetes is a condition wherein the blood sugar levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be considered as ‘diabetes’. It can again occur due to a reduced secretion of insulin or the inability of the body to utilize the insulin effectively.
- Gestational Diabetes: This type of diabetes can develop only during pregnancy. This occurs primarily as the placenta, that connects the fetus with the body’s blood supply, produces hormones that impair the functioning of insulin. This type of diabetes can affect both the mother and the child.
Another common link
Pancreatitis is a condition that is marked by an inflammation of the pancreatic cells. This inflammation can damage the beta cells that produce insulin, thus resulting in diabetes. Factors that contribute to it are a poor diet, lack of exercise, presence of excessive calcium in the blood or excessive alcohol consumption.
How can you avoid the same?
It is best that you incorporate lifestyle changes if you have any of these disorders, and talk to your doctor about a treatment plan. Making a few simple lifestyle changes such as eating healthy, avoiding smoking and exercising on a regular basis can reduce the chances of you suffering from both diabetes and any other pancreatic problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 45 years old female. diabetic patient from last 10 years. And m on regular diabetic medication. Now recently I got vit. B12 test and my report is. 153 pg/ml. What medication should I have to start now.
Ayurveda is a time tested warehouse of medical wisdom and does offer treatment options for this problem too!
Causes Of Infertility According To Ayurveda:
Infertility is often spoken about in whispers. There is still a lot of stigma attached to this increasingly common medical issue. Yes, infertility is medical problem and needs medical intervention.
According to Ayurveda, infertility occurs when a person’s reproductive tissue or Shukra dhatu, remains bereft of nutrition. This can be caused due to poor digestion and because of certain toxins in the body. Some of the other causes of infertility according to Ayurveda are:
Ayurvedic Treatment For Infertility:
Ayurveda takes a holistic view about health and treats the body as a whole instead of an individual ailment. Once you visit a good Ayurvedic doctor, he’ll ask you many questions before diagnosing you. Once the doctor is certain of what ails your body, he’ll be ready to treat you!
The main focus of Ayurvedic treatment for infertility is to ensure the proper transformation of food into nutrients that can move to the ‘shukra dhatu’. Some of the used treatment for infertility in Ayurveda are:
1. Swedanam: Ayurvedic doctors use this method to induce sweating in patients suffering from infertility with the help of heavy blankets or exercises. This is done to flush toxins out of the body.
2. Vamanam: This somewhat uncomfortable but ultimately detoxing Ayurvedic therapy induces vomiting to rid the body of undigested food.
5. Phala Gritam: This is an Ayurvedic medicine to treat female infertility. Consumed in the form of liquefied butter mixed with milk, this medicine is touted to treat functional problems but does not treat structural deficiencies.
Diet To Tackle Infertility:
According to Ayurveda, a person dealing with infertility needs to follow a strict diet. Apart from avoiding spicy and excessively salty food, Ayurveda recommends including the following foods in the patients diet:
- Fresh Vegetables
- Whole Grains
- Dairy products such as milk
- Fresh Fruits
- Dried Fruits
All these foods help provide nutrition to the shukra dhatu, which in turn can help a person conceive.
Points To Remember:
It is tough to deal with infertility issues and at time, you may feel helpless, but Ayurveda does offer of ray of hope. Here are some tips to get you going:
No matter the form of treatment you seek, the first thing you need to do is accept that you have a problem. Living in denial will not help you get pregnant.
If you have been trying to conceive for more than a year now, seek medical help.
Don’t Blame Yourself:
Infertility is common, effecting one in 10 couples.
Don’t keep it to yourself. Infertility is not a curse. Talk to your friends so they can offer emotional help.