Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. S.K NagraniYour feedback matters!
Worlds most centres have confirmed more than 40 % diabetes patients suffer from heart disease and more than 70% diabetic patients die because of heart disease.
However Preventive Diabetology has proved excellent results in reducing incidence of heart involvement to less than 10% by following approaches ,
1) Preventive approach from day one .
2) Regular advise for life style modification for patients as well as relatives.
3) Regular monitoring and control of sugars and lipid profile and other risk factors ,efforts to increase HDL cholesterol , Reduce Triglyceride/ HDL ratio ,Reduce Waist hip ratio, Reduce BMI less than 23 /21 (MALE/FEMALE)
4) Regular monitoring by ECG once in year, early atherosclerosis scanning by COLIN VASCULAR PROFILER 1000- detecting early heart patients with arterial stiffness ,Ankle brachial index may be yearly –indirectly confirming blockages and documented reversal of disease with timely medicines may not requires interventions ,stress testing /2D echo may be once in three years.
4) Constant involvements of family members during counseling at regular intervals in developing good support system for patients and their relatives resulting in reinforcement.
5) Continuous educations through free lectures, free literature and Audio visuals, videos, online question answer sessions.
6)Role of exercise as changing routine with constant changes in speed ,pace, rhythm of walking, sports activity, musical-dancing exercises, yogic exercises. Accepting exercises as pleasurable activity building energy levels and not as punishments or tiring chores.
Sir, I am 35 male. Previously I undergone random sugar test. It's value is 248. I dint took any medicine. Today fasting value is 140 and pp is 290. Is this indicate worse condition? Can I take BGR34 tablets? How can I control sugar levels? I am feeling very tense.
How I losses my weight and which type of food I'll take whether I've low sugar problem please tell me.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time. Here is everything you need to know about this ailment.
Symptoms: Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
Treatment: There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone, Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases. A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.