Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S K MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have regular blisters in my mouth and they are sometimes very painful and it makes my concentration poor in studies.
My calcium level is 8. 02. Is it low. Is it possible that due to it vitamin d level will also be low ?
My son is 17 years old and has constant blocked nose and formation of phelm in his sinuses. Allergy of dust and smoke, chemicals etc. His height and weight is above average and eats well. He does not consume vegetables and is on diet of potato and different dals. Pl advise.
Sir my one frnd name is sandesh give one critical problem he was sex in wife. But he not sex because this time his sperm are sacrifice before a sex. please suggestion my frnd is why not sex her wife.
I am 23 years male. I am having sex with my girlfriend regular. I got ringworm on my penis 4 days before. Does it lead to any disease. Please let me know why did I have it. Please tell me some medications to get rid from it.
Hi I am 22 years old I have allergy for of cold. If some dust goes into my nose cold starts. How can I recover from this.
Due to over masturbation. I am feeling very weak. My muscle growth is not gud. And now I am facing erectile dysfunction. And also facing timing short problem. How can I over come from dis problem. please sugest some medicine?
My tibia bone ws broken on 19 Jan, operated on 29 Jan. I want to know at which time I will able to walk without crunches. Or Walker.
Hello, My name is akshay and I am 22 years old. I live in warsaw (poland. I am having problem with erection since a year. Before year ago it was normal. Like I dint get an erection very quickly its really hard to get an erection thats why there is no desire of sex and some time also I not able to maintain an erection. I just want ti know that what is this problem? And is it have cure?
Serum PSA and Testosterone Levels
Serum PSA levels may useful for diagnosing hypogonadism (low testosterone), Italian researchers say.
In the past, the relationship between PSA levels and testosterone has been difficult to define, as some researchers have found a connection and others have not.
The goals of this study were to better understand this possible relationship for men with sexual dysfunction and to determine whether PSA levels may give information about testosterone levels.
Almost three thousand men participated in the study. All of them were seeking treatment for sexual dysfunction and had PSA levels of less than 4 ng/mL. They ranged in age from 18 to 85 with a mean age of 52.5 ± 12.4 years.
A variety of physical measurements were conducted, including blood pressure, waist circumference, testis volume, total testosterone, HDL cholesterol, and triglycerides. Also, each man was interviewed using the Structured Interview on Erectile Dysfunction (SIEDY), ANDROTEST, a tool that screens for hypogonadism in men with erectile dysfunction, and PsychoANDROTEST, which examines the psychological signs and symptoms of low testosterone.
After adjusting for age, the researchers found that low PSA levels were associated with delayed puberty and lower testis volume, two markers of hypogonadism. Low PSA was also associated with metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.
Two other aspects of the research were noted.
First, the authors reported that the “saturation hypothesis” was supported. The connection between PSA levels and testosterone was only present when men’s testosterone levels were lower than average. For men with normal testosterone levels, the relationship was not as clear.
In this study, PSA levels did not rise substantially when total testosterone levels were above 8 nmol/L.
“It might be inferred that [testosterone] therapy in men with values above this point would not be expected to result in a rise in PSA, whereas men with [testosterone] values below this point may very well experience a rise in PSA,” the authors wrote.
Second, age appeared to play a role in the applicability of the findings. Using PSA levels to predict low testosterone was more accurate in younger patients.
“The efficacy of PSA, as a ‘screener’ for hypogonadism is modest and decreases as a function of aging, when PSA levels are affected by other factors, besides androgen activity,” the authors explained.
The study was published online in July in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
The Journal of Sexual Medicine
Rastrelli, Giulia, MD, et al.
“Serum PSA as a Predictor of Testosterone Deficiency”
(Full-text. First published online: July 16, 2013)
- See more at: http://www.issm.info/news/sex-health-headlines/serum-psa-and-testosterone-levels#sthash.62jmdKR1.dpuf
Hi, We use safety during having a sex. As my wife is afraid of operation and using copper tee etc. Last time she faced with some infection and doc informed it was due to condom we use. I want to know is their oral pills which she can take once in month to avoid pregnancy. Thanks and will be waiting for feedback.
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath.