Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S K KhetarpalYour feedback matters!
Can chronic kidney disease be be arrested and is there any restriction of water intake or protein intake which may reduce the intensity?
Meri shadi ko 1 mahine hue h aur meri wife se koi sex nhi hui h.usko kitna v foreplay krta hu usko kuch ehsas nhi hota h.kuch expression v nhi aataa h.plz solution btayye.
I have severe mouth ulcer last three days taking multivitamins and using ulcer gels frequently but not come down please advice.
I am 26 years old working professional. I have a girlfriend and we tried our first sex last week but I felt half erection and by the time I was about to achieve full erection, it's out. I was feeling bad about that. What should I do, we are going to marry in next year. Is it normal or I am suffering from erectile dysfunction?
I am 30years old, I have a 2nd degree piles and a tingling pain around my navel what could be the reason and what is the kind of treatment I should get for my piles.
There is a white pigment under the skin of my penis. When I remove the skin it smells very bad. I have this for 6months. I daily clean my genital organ but the very other day it comes back. It has also tightened the foreskin.
Sir, My age is 33 years and weight is 68 kg. I've problem in my throat from long time. Problem like I feel something there in my throat. I always do cough type sound. I need the suggestion that what type of issue it may be or what type of tests need to do for understanding the problem properly. Please give your proper guidance to solve this issue. Thanks.
I am 42years female and have acidity for years and I use zentac 150mg for relief. Can I use the medicine for years? And also I get pain mostly near to my heart and it proceeds to my back bone. When I take medicine I am relieved from the pain. I am not a diabetic and my blood pressure is under control.
Vaginal bleeding since 6 months. Bleeding medium to heavy. Initially there were no cramps, doctor suggested texid tablet, and then primolut N, but after completing the course for both, bleeding still has not stopped, and has intensified instead, with heavy cramping. Stomach aches too much. Kindly help. I have finished the 21 day dose of primolut 2 days back and since then, the bleeding had intensified a lot along with constant stomach cramps.
I have suffering from low back pain I have took M.R.I scan of lumbosacral spine and in the report the report details below M.R.I scan report Technique . T1 weighted and T2 weighted axials /sagittal Report Straightening of the lumbar spine is seen with loss of lordosis-muscle spasm Slight retrolisthesis of L5 and S1 vertebra noted - degenerative Minimal posterior annular bulge is seen at L5 and S1 . Spinal canal, neural forminal and nerve roots are normals The reaming intervertebral discs do not show any significant bulge /protrusion The vertebral bodies are normal in height and signal intensity. No lysis/fracture Can Know the meaning of the report and can I do running and continue my gym please tell me and what should I take precautions and stretching exercises what is actually in report means.
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
Nephrotic Syndrome is a condition which is characterised by the loss of protein into the urine (called proteinuria) as a result of increased glomerular permeability and oedema. This results in low protein level in the blood. The low levels of protein in blood result in the drawing of fluids into soft tissues. A severe form ‘hypoalbuminemia’ can cause scores of secondary diseases such as ascites (retention of fluid in the abdominal cavity), pleural effusion (build-up of fluids between the lungs and the chest), or high cholesterol. It can also result in retention of fluid in other parts of the body such as eyelids, lower extremities etc.
What can cause this?
Nephrotic syndrome is mainly caused by damage to the kidneys. This leads to an increase in the concentration of protein in the urine. In adults, it can be caused due to glomerulonephritis or damage to the glomerulus of the kidneys while in children it is likely caused by minimal change disease (kidney disease marked by the abnormal loss of protein through the urine).
The other common causes of nephritic syndromes are:
- Genetic disorder
- Immune disorder
- Use of specific drugs
- Certain diseases such as diabetes mellitus, lupus
- The incidence of this disease is seen more often in males than in females.
Diet that is recommended in Nephrotic Syndrome:
In patients diagnosed with Nephrotic syndrome, the intake of salt, fat and protein must be checked. There should be emphasis on the consumption of dietary fibres that are present in vegetables and fruits.
The intake of protein and fluid should also be monitored, but this solely depends on personal factors such as age, weight and condition of the patient. It is recommended to consult a renal dietician who can guide you appropriately.
- Sodium/salt intake: The sodium or salt intake must be restricted as it leads to high blood pressure and results in fluid retention in the body, thus causing oedema (build-up of fluids within the body cavities and tissues) in the body. Avoid processed food as it contains a lot of salt.
- Protein intake: Protein is an essential part of the diet as it helps in the general makeup of the body and development of muscles. The consumption of protein must be kept under check and it is the best to consult your dietician for this. Loss of protein in urine needs to be replaced by class 1 high quality proteins in nephrotic syndrome.
- Limit fat and cholesterol intake: It is always good to curb on bad cholesterol as it is the reason behind several heart diseases. But, with patients diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, it is highly recommended to avoid food rich in fats. This means staying away from unhealthy fatty meat or junk food.
- Fluid intake: Fluid intake does not have to be necessarily reduced, but it is always good to consult your doctor for the same.
“You are what you eat”. Nephrotic syndrome can slowly progress to chronic kidney disease if the necessary steps are not taken to curb it in an early stage, and diet control is a major way to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.