Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. S.K. KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hai I have civiour headache since last 5 years. I have used so many medicines. Still my problem is there. What should I do now. Please tell me a suggestion.
I am a 62 years male having motion problem (not going properly and with strain). In my scan report, it has come" 1. No abnormality found in the abdomen and pelvis and 2. No evidence of bowel wall thickening/bowel dilatation" more over, my haemoglobin, sr creatinine and hiv 1 & 2 and hbsag are normal. My doctor told we can conduct test on back. Whether that is reqd. Kindly suggest remedy for me.
My daughter is 8 months old. She had a light fever previous week so I gave her ibogesic syrup. Now no fever but she has stuffy nose and cough with mucus. Is there any home remedy which can I try or should I use cough syrup to cut the mucus (phelgm). Please suggest.
I have all tmj related problems including neck pain and upper back pain. Sometimes I feel difficulty in breathing and when shake my head towards back side I listen a clicking sound from my right side of jaw and from my neck. Now I think this all problem is due to my bad posture because whenever I do postural correction exercises I feel all the symptoms of tmj are being vanished. What do you think about this matter and what should I do? Please help me.
I'm 24 years old girl and I have been suffering from an unbearable backache since 3 years and also neck pain.
Heel pain, heel spurs and plantar fasciitis
A common foot complaint is pain in the bottom of the heel. This is often referred to as heel spurs or plantar fasciitis. It commonly is painful the first few steps in the morning or after rest. It tends to get worse the longer one stands during the day. It is caused by subtle changes in foot structure that occurs over time. These changes result in the gradual flattening of the arch. As this occurs a thick ligament (the plantar fascia) that is attached to the bottom of the heel and fans out into the ball of the foot is stretched excessively. This ligament acts as a shock absorber while walking. As the foot flattens it stretches. If it stretches too much it gets inflamed and causes pain. Over time the pull of the ligament creates a spur on the heel bone. It is important to realize that it is not the spur that causes the pain and therefore the spur does not need to be removed in most cases. This condition may also cause generalized arch pain called plantar fasciitis. This is an inflammation of the plantar fascial ligament.
A common factor that contributes to this condition is tightness of the calf muscles. Women who wear high heels and people who walk for exercise will often develop this problem because of the tightness that results in the calf muscle as a result of these activities. A non-supportive shoe also contributes to this problem. Weight gain is another factor in developing heel pain.
Calf muscle stretching is very useful. The typical runners stretch by leaning into a wall is helpful. An alternative method of stretching is to stand approximately two feet from a wall. Facing the wall turn your feet inward so you are pigeon toed. Lean forward into the wall keeping your heels on the floor and the knees extended. Also keep your back straight and do not bend at the hips. Hold the stretch for 10 seconds and do the stretch ten times in a row. Do the stretching three times each day. Always stretch the calf muscles following any form of exercise.
Over the Counter Arch Supports
Wear a supportive sport or walking shoe. This can be supplemented with a good over the counter arch support.
Oral Anti-inflammatory Medications
Medications like Advil, Tylenol, or Aleve may be of some benefit. Always read the medications directions and warnings before use.
If the heel pain persists your foot doctor may suggest a cortisone injection, taping the foot to support the arch, night splints to stretch the calf muscles at night while you are sleeping or functional foot orthotics. On occasion surgery may be required to cure this condition. Orthotics should be tried before surgery and should be used following the surgical procedure.
Often cramping right side of belly. I have an chocolate cyst in earlier but recent ultrasound it was cure. Tying for conceive last 1 year but not any result. What is happing please give me advice.
Her hands have something like allergic problem. Skin comes out and it occurs again and again. From 4 year.
I am 22 years old male. I am smoking since last one year. How can I get to know that how much my lungs are affected. And what should I do to make myself fit and healthy once again?
I have fasting sugar of 84. Is is normal? what is the normal blood sugar level in our body before and after eating?
Hello, I am 32 yrs, Male. Since last 2 days, I was suffering from mouth ulcers. Yesterday, I took 2 becosules capsule (B complex with Vitamin C) after lunch and dinner. Suddenly during the night around (2 AM) I feel like that my muscle around throat become tightened, pain, little difficult in swallowing saliva, itching feeling at that place, difficult to open the full mouth, Please advice me.
I am having problem of constipation for last many years, I am 57 years old, I do not feel urge for motion, the faint urge disappears the moment I sit on Indian style seat. I use European style seat, after drinking lots of water I keep holding urine, then I feel faint urge of motion, I sit on toilet seat release urine. I hold out my breath then some movement of intestine is felt and some stool is released, my stool is very sticky on toilet pan. I want some homeopathic help,
There are times when despite sleeping the required number of hours at night, we are tired throughout the day, feeling drowsy and low on energy. This is fatigue and most of us have faced it from time to time. What is frustrating at such times is that one feels mentally and physically drained for no particular reason. It is advised not to let this feeling settle for too long. Instead, try the following to revive your energy.
1. Avoid caffeine: When tired, a lot of us are in the habit of picking a mug of coffee. What we forget is that caffeine consumption for a long time can also be a reason behind the fatigue.
If you are suffering from daytime fatigue, try to cut down on your caffeine intake. It stimulates the adrenal glands, so if you are a regular consumer you can feel exhausted. Once you are no longer addicted to caffeine, you will notice that you are feeling energetic throughout the day with no signs of fatigue.
2. Breakfast protein: If you ask ten people randomly what they had for breakfast, almost all will say something with carbohydrate. We tend to include proteins in our other meals and not always in the first meal of the day. Carbohydrates get converted to glucose and cause sugar levels in the blood to rise. This gives instant energy, but doesn't last very long. By mid-morning, the sugar level dips, thus causing fatigue and lethargy. At this point, a lot of people look for yet another sugar rush. Instead, include proteins in your breakfast. Eggs, bacon, salmon, black gram and other foods high in protein should be included in the first meal of the day. When protein is teamed with carbohydrates, the blood sugar level remains stable over the day.
3. Avoid alcohol: Not many people link the two, but if you are feeling fatigued or lethargic during the day, it may have to do with your alcohol consumption the night before. This is because the alcohol present in your system didn't allow you to sleep well for most parts of the night. So while you did sleep for full eight hours, you didn't sleep well.
4. Sleep on time: Many young people stay awake till wee hours in the morning or sleep for only a few hours. Or even worse, they sleep during daytime. This rocks your biological clock in ways unimaginable. Your biological clock is used to responding to light and darkness. You body is supposed to be busy during the day and relaxed during the night. Staying indoors during the day, sleeping, is not a good idea. You body needs outdoor exposure at that time. If you are feeling drowsy or lethargic during the day, go for a short walk.
5. Exercise: One needs to keep the body active to keep the mind alert. Early morning exercise, especially if it is outdoors, has a very positive effect on one’s mind. As a result, one feels energetic throughout the day and there is no sign of fatigue.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.