Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S K JawaYour feedback matters!
I want to know my girlfriend was pregnant because she missed here periods last 1 week and we checked home pregnancy test with pregnancy test card but result was negative what was the problem with her.
We are planning for baby nd last period was on 18 aug 2016, on 1st sept ovulation occurred which was confirmed through scan. Til now they were no periods, Tested for pregnancy results were negative Consulted doctor abdominal scan done stil negative. Due to pcod going through infertility treatment frm last 1 nd half year, but frm 9 months periods are regular nd the cycle is of 30 days What might be the reason for delay Is there chances of pregnancy kindly suggest.
I am 24 weeks pregnant. My cervical length at 19 weeks 2 days was 4.1 cm. And now at 24 weeks cervical length is 3.2 cm. Am I at risk. What measures can I take to increase the length.
Hello doctor I had my last menstrual cycle on 29th November and had intercourse on 17th december please tell me if their is any possibility of pregnancy.
I have a ovarian cyst due to which I got so many problems during my mensuration and lots of pain in abdomen can you tell me the reason why cysts are formed and I also have the problem of white discharge please suggest me what should I do?
New Year is a good the time for new beginnings. At times our sex lives needs to be revived too. After a few years together, a couple’s sex life may begin to stagnate. A boring sex life can negatively impact your relationship as well. But by employing some very easy tricks in the bedroom, you can bring back the passion and add spark to your life.
Can’t figure out where to start? Here are 6 tips and tricks to help you out.
1. Be spontaneous: One of the main reasons a couple’s sex life dwindles is because they fall into a routine. Whether it’s the position you choose, or the sequence of events- right from foreplay to the actual intercourse- every couple has their own set routine. Break this monotony and try out new positions that can greatly enhance your pleasure. Also, try having sex somewhere else in the house that you haven’t before to spice things up.
2. Don’t be shy: Sex is one of the most intimate acts you can share with someone. However, sometimes you may find yourself being unable to open up to your partner about what gets you in the mood. This can make sex an unfulfilling experience. Try telling your partner what you’d like him/her to do. You might end up discovering that both of you share a common fantasy you hadn’t spoken about before.
3. Explore all erogenous zones: There are a lot of erogenous zones on a man and woman’s body. Take your time and get to know every single one of them. If you don’t know where they are, explore your partner’s body and see what turns him/her on and where. This is a great exercise that also sets the foundation for more fulfilling sex in the future.
4. Experiment with your lingerie: Clothes can be a turn on or a turn off depending on what you wear. Try experimenting with your lingerie. A host of options are available out there for both men and women. These days you can even buy edible lingerie on leading online shopping sites. Choose bright shades like red, as they’ve been proven to increase arousal.
5. Play around with sex toys: Introducing sex toys in your bedroom can prove to be very stimulating as well as exciting for both you and your partner. Sex toys come in all shapes and sizes, for both men and women. You can take your pick from vibrators and vibrating rings, handcuffs, etc; even lubricants and gels can be used to enhance pleasure and make sex more exciting.
6. Shave your pubic hair: Another way to give your sex life a whole new dimension, shaving off your pubic hair can increase the sensitivity in your genitals making sex a more pleasurable experience. Besides, for many shaved genitals have a visual appeal and cause intense arousal, which is very important when it comes to having a satisfying sex life.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.
I am doing intercourse with my wife from last 1 month and ejaculate my sperm into her but she got periods on 13 august why she did not get pregnant? Please advise.
Hi, I am 34 yrs old have 8 years old daughter want to take advise before planning for another baby can I have folvite 5 mg tablet.
My wife is in pregnancy of 8 months she's B-ve blood group her child is normal but child is covered with cord around the neck and doctor recommend may for operation .Is there any danger for mother during Operation or in delivery of child can you please help me out what is the exact procedure I have to follow next ? THANKS.
I am 36 years old. Having slightly pain in my breast after my periods. It may be bulky and heavy. Sometime I cant touch them.
My wife was 3 month pregnant and due to baby not develop has to do abortion. Doctor said may be due to virus. My wife blood O- and my AB+.she has given Anti D injection after Abortion. Now what care we should take in future pregnancy and when can we plan next.
My wife is suffering from low blood pressure in routine she is in her 6th month of pregnancy before pregnancy she never had this problem. She is having good diet eating fruits taking rest properly but still consistently suffering from low bp is it normal or not will it put any negative effect on the baby.
What to do after sex for better health?
Even when you are in your 40s or beyond, you can still enjoy the best sex of your life. After all, you’re experienced and know exactly what you desire and are not shy about expressing it. But even with experience, it is easy to forget things to do after sex, like using the bathroom and sleeping in the nude. These are the things to remember so your sex life can keep moving full speed ahead.
What to do after sex?
1. Go pee
After having sex, you should go to the bathroom and urinate. While you do not have to hurry to go right away, you should eventually pee so you can rinse out any e. Coli bacteria that may have contaminated your urethra during lovemaking. This will help prevent you from developing a urinary tract infection, also known as a uti. Having a uti can affect your sex life, often making it painful to have intercourse until the infection is cleared up by prescribed medication.
2. Reflect on your sensation
After you are done with lovemaking, take time to reflect on how you feel and how the sex made you feel. Concentrate on the details, remembering what really turned you on. Share these thoughts with your partner right away. Don’t wait until the feelings are gone. However, if it wasn’t your best lovemaking session, it is probably best to leave it be. And instead of turning over and facing the other way, cuddle with your partner after sex. Studies have found this leads to happier relationships.
3. Keep track of abnormal discomforts
Pain happens during sex. This is a common occurrence. There are many causes, such as muscle spasms, lack of lubrication, constipation and even your sex partner accidently hitting an ovary. But not all pain is normal, especially if it is reoccurring, lasts for a long period of time after intercourse and cannot be explained by rough sex play. You should discuss these discomforts with your doctor, as the pain may be associated with an underlying condition like fibroids, uterine or ovarian cysts, endometriosis, tilted uterus or even, though rare, cancer.
4. Avoid soap when wiping
When thinking about what to do after sex, remember to gently wipe your genital area when done with intercourse. Often, bacteria are transmitted from your partner’s mouth and fingers or lubricants. This can lead to a bacterial or yeast infection. You can simply wipe with a warm washcloth, using water only. You should avoid soap as the fragrances can be irritating to the delicate skin. You need only wipe from front to back on the outside. Your body has its own method of cleaning the internal sections of your vagina.
5. Drink water
Sex is a physical activity, just like jogging, walking or any other exercise. It is important to stay hydrated afterwards so take the time to drink water when done with intercourse. If you get dehydrated, not only your mouth gets dry so does your vagina. Keep water by your bedside if you can. Plus, staying hydrated will make it easier for you to pee after to flush bacteria from your urethra.
6. Take a soak
If you are figuring what to do after sex and you have the time, take a bath. Why not pamper yourself when you are feeling so good. Not only does it clean your vaginal area, it can hydrate your skin. Consider adding a gentle oil to the water to add moisturizer. Extra virgin coconut oil or baby oil designed for sensitive skin are good options. A warm bath can also help soothe swollen genitals, caused by your lovemaking.
7. Snack on pro biotic food
Sex often brings on hunger. After all, you just burned a bunch of calories. Eating pro-biotic foods like fermented kombucha or kimchi, as well as yogurt, can replenish the good bacteria in your vagina. It can also reduce your chances of developing a yeast or bacterial infection.
8. Sleep naked
When considering what to do after sex, don’t forget one of the fun things – sleeping in the nude. You want to keep your vaginal area dry after sex. This will reduce your risk of developing a uti, yeast or bacterial infection. Too shy to go naked? make sure you wear cotton pajamas that are loose-fitting to allow for air circulation.
What not to do after sex?
1. Do not use wet wipes
Wet wipes are full of chemicals, fragrances, glycerine and oils. These ingredients can cause major irritation of your vaginal area. It can be extra harsh right after sex, when the skin down there is more sensitive. This can lead to dryness, itching, tenderness and inflammation of your genitals. You should never use wipes down there.
2. Don't sleep in sexy lingerie
If you are thinking about what to do after sex, make sure it is not to sleep in your sexy underwear. Most lingerie is constructed by fabrics that trap moisture. Look out for sleepwear made of polyester and rayon. This type of material does not breathe well, preventing your vaginal area from airing out. This can lead to a yeast infection. Either change into cotton underwear or sleep naked.