Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My Last period end date is 01-Sep-2015 Guess that I am carrying a baby but there is no vomiting Could you please let me know by when I should consult a doctor? and what tablets should I take?
Have you ever taken a look at your food and questioned yourself about your nutritional intake? Whether you’re a vegan, pescatarian or non-vegetarian, it is essential that your food provides you with vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Never rely on vitamin supplements alone to give your body the nutrition it needs. Though a few nutrient deficiencies have no symptoms, most can be easily identified. Here are a few tips to help you understand whether your body is getting all the nutrition it requires or not.
- Cracks around the lips: Dehydration is not the only cause for cracks around the lips. This could be a sign of vitamin B, zinc or iron deficiency. It could also be a sign of not getting enough protein. To correct this deficiency, increase your intake of poultry products, eggs, cheese and salmon. Vitamin C helps the body absorb iron and hence you should also include fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C in your diet.
- Hair loss and brittle nails: Biotin or vitamin B7 is crucial for healthy hair and nails. Hence, if you’re experiencing sudden hair loss and brittle nails, it could be a sign of vitamin B7 deficiency. Egg yolks are a rich source of biotin, but to get the most out of them it is best to eat them raw. However, avoid eating raw egg whites as this can be counterproductive. Other food items rich in biotin are nuts, mushrooms, salmon, cauliflowers and bananas.
- Red bumps on the skin: Red eruptions on the skin can be a sign of low levels of essential fatty acids or vitamin A or D. Sardines and anchovies are rich sources of Omega-3 fatty acids that can correct this deficiency. To deal with a vitamin A deficiency, you need to eat lots of green leafy vegetables, carrots and sweet potatoes. The best way to get Vitamin D is through safe sun exposure (get your vitamin D level tested today).
- Numbness in hands and feet: Numbness and a tingling sensation in your hands and feet could be a sign of vitamin B deficiency. This is often also accompanied by anxiety, depression and tiredness. Vitamin B supplements are easily available in tablet and capsule forms or can be found in spinach, beetroots, eggs and poultry.
- Leg muscle cramps: Frequent cramps in your toes, calves and arches of the foot could be a sign of potassium, magnesium and calcium deficiency, so get yourself tested today. To fix this, eat plenty of almonds, hazelnuts, apples and green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized and ask a free question.
Experiencing any of these symptoms? Get tested yourself today and find out for sure!
I have irregular periods from the very beginning of my menses. Now i’m 24 and the çase has remain altered except 4 years back when I was on medication prescribed by a gyne for the same. The reports showed hormonal disturbance but I was not comfortable with taking pills everyday so I discontinued it. Please suggest me other possible way.
I'm 32 years, I had my last periods on 18th march 2016, I did my pregnancy blood test on 25th April 2016 my serum beta hcg level was 200.5 and on 27th April 2016 it was 334.4. Is it normal? I've had a ultrasound sonography 6 months back and had a small polyps in mid body of the uterus measuring 7 * 4 mm, will it affect my pregnancy. Currently I'm taking folic acid and progesterone susten 200 tablets, pls advice.
I am a 22 years girl I had sex with my bf many time but there is no flow of blood How can I know whether I am virgin or not.
Modern lifestyle - minimal physical activity, unhealthy food habits and stress - has a negative impact on overall health for all of us. While we may not realize the negative impacts of our so called modern lifestyle in our daily lives, our lifestyle actually affects every function of our body and leads to many disorders and diseases.
Infertility or subfertility among men is one such outcome of unhealthy lifestyle, and is on a rise these days. There are many biological factors which can affect a person's ability to father a child. However, in this piece I will only discuss the five most common and easily correctable lifestyle related factors, which affect the fertility in men. All these behaviors have the potential to adversely affect sperm production and/or maturation in men leading to poor count and/or quality of sperms. However, if addressed in time, these men can still regain their fertility potential and realise their dream of having baby.
1. Body weight: Obesity has a direct correlation with reduced fertility among both men and women. Unhealthy eating habits, minimal physical activity and genetic predisposition are three most important causes of obesity. Its important to understand that while no one can really address the genetic predisposition, it really are the other factors that allow genes to take an effect. So, if one can ensure having a balanced diet and adequate amount of physical activity, he can still keep the body weight under check.
2. Excessive Caffeine intake: Excessive caffeine intake can affect the sperm motility, thereby reducing the speed of sperms and slowing down their journey inside a woman's body to reach the egg for fertilization. All this can be avoided by simply controlling the intake of caffeine. Please note that caffeine is found not just in coffee, but is present is big amounts in all carbonated and energy drinks. So, the trick is to avoid such drinks as much as possible.
3. Smoking: Smoking leads to DNA fragmentation in the sperms, which increases the risk of miscarriage. Smoking also reduces the sperm motility, thereby reducing its potential to fertilize the egg. Smoking in the woman partner further reduced the fertility potential as it damages the DNA in eggs also. I cant overemphasize on the need to immediately and permanently quit smoking in both the partners. One cant wait till the time they plan a pregnancy for quitting smoking - they have to do it now!
4. Alcohol consumption: Its a myth that one can consume alcohol in moderate amounts and still remain healthy. Even so called "moderate" alcohol consumption, generally defined as 30 - 60 ml per day, has a negative impact on fertility. Alcohol impact the sperm production process, thereby leading to reduced sperm count (called as azoospermia) and also affects the sperm maturation process, thus causing quality issues with sperms.
5. Stress: Its no secret that we live in an increasingly complicated world, which gives us not just physical but also serious mental stress. Mental stress and tension create a cycle of negative emotions and affect all the cognitive functions in the human body. Stress doesn't allow proper erection, which is essential for a successful effort at intercourse. One should try and remain as stress free as possible and can also try stress busters such as Yoga and meditation for a healthier lifestyle.
It doesn't require any magic or medications to help boost a man's fertility potential. These are all simple lifestyle measures everyone can manage on their own. All that is required is to allow the human body to work properly and then live a stress free life. Nature then takes its own course!
Today was my 10th day and I went for follicle cycle the right ovaries is 13 mm and left ovaries is 12 Small then my doctor send me for hgm 75 injection and called me for another follicle cycle on 12 day so the report is normal or complicated please tell me.
I had endoscopic surgery on October 2013. That time they removed my right side tube. Now I am trying to get pregnancy. From 2 years doing medicine for that. To get pregnant what should I do?
Hello I am 19 years old my periods are being irregular from lot of time and even this month that are delayed by 4 dats what should be done?
300 Calories is the average calorific value of our daily sugar intake. It's no wonder then that dietician and weight loss (Learn more about weight loss) gurus across the world will advise you to quit added sugar as the first step of a weight loss program. Added sugar refers to processed sugar in the form of cubes, sugar crystals or powdered sugar and does not include natural sugars found in fruits, vegetables etc. Apart from cakes and sweets, we eat added sugar in a number of ways including a number of packaged foods like sauce and salad dressings.
If you consume a lot of sugar on a daily basis, quitting added sugar could leave you with withdrawal symptoms. Quitting added sugar is not easy, but here are a few reasons it is well worth the effort.
- You'll have fewer pimples: Sugar has inflammatory properties. This can trigger systemic inflammation leading to the acne. Thus quitting sugar can instantly reduce the number of pimples on your face and give you clearer skin (Learn more about Healthy Skin).
- It improves the health of your heart: Added sugar can raise insulin levels. This activates the sympathetic nervous system and increases blood pressure and heart rate. Stopping your consumption of added sugar can lower cholesterol levels and decrease the amount of triglycerides in the body. This lowers blood pressure and boosts cardiovascular health. (Know more about blood sugar level)
- A friendly weight scale: Replacing toffees with dry fruits will considerably reduce your calorific intake. Similarly switching packaged salad dressing for fresh homemade dressing can also make your salad healthier. Given that we eat added sugar in so many forms, making a conscious decision to quit added sugar can have a big impact on your daily calorie intake. Studies show that this simple step can lead to a weight loss of up to 10 pounds in six months.
- It'll make remembering names easier: Added sugar can hinder learning and memory. Over time, it can also damage communication between brain cells. Quitting sugar can boost both your short term as well as long term memory. You will also find it easier to focus on will be able to be attentive to something for longer periods of time.
- A good night's sleep: You don't just need 8 hours of sleep a day; you need 8 hours of restful sleep at the right time. Sugar makes blood sugar fluctuate and the crash that follows a sugar high can make you feel sluggish around mid-day. Many people find that if they have an afternoon nap, it becomes more difficult for them to fall asleep at night. Sugar also releases cortisol that interferes with sleep. Thus quitting added sugar can keep you alert through the day and help you fall asleep easier at the end of the day.
My Wife 25 years old. She have irregular periods. We want to try pregnant. Doctor suggest, "Novelon" medicine. So, Please tell me the benefits of this medicine.
My age is 35 my sperm count is 40 million but my sperm motailty is 5% so please suggest medicine and my wife is 30 years old, she is suffering from pcod. We want to conceive but not been suceess please suggest medicine for both of them.
My wife is in 9th week pregnancy, she feels dizzy and sometimes faints just after lunch. What is the reason and what we need to do.
Sir I am a medical line student I want to know that If a girl do sex in 20 year age and she will marry in 25. Can her husband find out he do sex before it or not if yes tell me how?
Hello please suggest the ways and food to reduce my breast size as I'm a mother of one month old baby girl and wen my breast wl gt back in shape. Thanks in advance.
I'm a 19-year-old female. I secreted a large amount of white substance just this morning. I don't know what it is. It looks like white mens but I can't be sure because this is the first time something like this happened to me. I keep on secreting this substance. I've changed my underwear thrice already. I don't know what this is. Please help me.
Greetings of the day. My wife is suffering from last 2 years. She has fibroid on her vaginal wall, causing her pain, delayed periods, heavy bleeding during periods and avoiding sex due to pain during penetration. Please advise, suitable treatment in order to avoid surgery. We live in Hyderabad
My wife is pregnant under five month. But her amniotic fluid is low from adequate Her AFI is 80mm. What is the problem arise to my wife and baby What is the solutions? I have one year.
Detoxification refers to the removal and the elimination of the toxic substances from the body. Various methods are used to achieve that and drinking plenty of water is primary among them.
However that is not the only way. Other ways include:
- Abstain from drinking alcohol and coffee: The disadvantages of alcohol and coffee are aplenty and one among them is their tendency to accumulate toxins in your body. Removing them from your diet goes a long way in removing toxins.
- Lessen the use of shampoos and other health care products: The shampoos and the deodorants, which are available in the market despite their attractive packaging and numerous tall claims, are replete with chemicals. The excessive use of these products has a detrimental effect as they build up toxins in the body. You must therefore either drastically lessen their use or use alternative products to avert from the fatal eventuality.
- Take less stress: When you are under overt stress, your mind as well as your body shows clear signs of that. In instances of overt stress, the body releases the stress hormone that may provide a temporary boost of energy, but manifolds the accumulation of toxin in the body.
- Include fruits in your diet: The advantages of fruits do not require an introduction. They are well known and unanimously acknowledged. The reason why doctors vehemently insist on including at least one fruit in the diet is due to its ability to cleanse the body from the daily assemblage of toxins in the body.
- Eat vegetables which contain fiber: Vegetables like beets, cabbages and radishes, those which are rich fiber serve as excellent detoxifying foods.
- Drink green tea: Drinking green tea is a habit that has recently developed but in little time has gained immense popularity. This habit is credited not only with weight loss but also has tremendous ability to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Indulge in exercise or yoga: Another way to ensure that your body is bereft of the harmful chemicals is by indulging in various exercises or yoga. Both the practices significantly improve the physical health and at the same time detoxify the body.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.