Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S K JainYour feedback matters!
My wife age 49 years under menopause suffering with pain at right leg upper part, for the last week days. Pain killers hifenac P gives temporary relief. She is having mild diabetes and hypertension for the last 2 years but under control. She suffers with URTICARIA for the last ten years. No swelling no fever. Kindly suggest suitable medicines.
My Dad got a paralysis attack in year 2006 . He is fine now his blood pressure is normal not because of medicines but generally also. He is 62 years old now, Can he still take medicine named met first xl 25 which is apparently medicine for high bp . Request your advice please.
I am 58 yrs. Weight 90 Height 5 ft 7 inches. Recent tests revealed border line/ slight upper side cholesterols vitamin D deficiency (about 19) No sugar/diabetic complications. Thyroid very slight. Hemoglobin 11. Having headaches/heaviness in head at times. Taking amlopres AT Zyloric 100 Ocid 20 daily and for Vitamin D one sachet 1 gm once a week. Kindly advice me probable cause of headaches at times from 3 or 4 days also arise/advice me any addition or changes of medicines.
I used to take BP medicine, I stopped because I thought to control by changing diet. Now when I checked it's still 172/100. How can I control my Blood Pressure.
Hello Doctor, I am having high blood pressure now. I am not finding any other impact due to this BP, seems everything is normal for my daily life. My BP reading is 170 by 130 now. Sometimes I feels like I am forgetting many things these days. Could you please suggest me how can I reduce my BP.
What are the symptoms of heart attack? My dada ji expired 2 days ago but we could not find the reason of his death. He was lying on the floor and when we turned him back, he had an injury on forehead and he was bleeding. We could not see him, when did he fell. Please tell me. Please help me on this.
Dear sir, I am 33 years old. I am suffering from primary hypothyroidism and high blood pressure last 15 month. My esonophil count is 11 which is out of range. I have ellergic problem. Please help me.
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.
Hello madam, I am 27 Yrs old. Mujhe last 2 Months pehle chest ke left side me dard tha thoda sa jayse koi cheez chub rahi hai magar bahot kam or alag lalag jagha. Usi bheech hamaye compound me 2 log off ho gay attack se. Me ye soch kr bahot dar gaya or doctor ke pas gaya unhone E.C.G Kiya normal tha blood check kiya normal tha doctor ne kaha gais hai. Ab mujhe kahi dard nhi hota sirf 3 din hua. But ab problem ye h ki jayse koi sote hue insaan jo achanak jaga de mere sine me waysi ghabrahat or be chaini lagi rehti h or saans lene me bhi problem hai din bhar dimag me yahi ghumta h kahi mujhe ye to nhi kahi mujhe woh to nhi hartbeet khud hi mehsus hoti h 2 Months se bahot pareshan hun plzz help me. Thanks.
How to reduce LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol? What must be the diet to avoid high cholesterol?
I have blood pressure from a long time but I stopped taking medicines lately I walk a lot now but I want to confirm will it really help me here?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain when ever I caught hard can you suggest what should be done?
I m 18 years old. My self geetika. I want to tell you that m suffering frm fever frm last week and I had take typhoid medicines and now m taking pusscells medicine. But till now m nt recovering. 2 days ago my bp was low. Nw please tell me wht should I do pllz.
Cholesterol is generally regarded as something bad for the health. As a part of diet, everyone tries to avoid anything that has cholesterol in it. What needs to be understood is that not all cholesterol is bad. There is also good cholesterol, which is actually very essential for body functions. This is required for the production of essential hormones. Inadequate amounts of good cholesterol can lead to problems ranging from simple hormonal imbalances to severe issues like infertility.
The following are some food items, which contain sufficient amounts of good cholesterol and should find a place in your plate. They are essential for various body functions including hormone formation.
Avocado oil: Most oil is considered bad, but avocado oil contains about 70% of good cholesterol and should be used for its heart-healthy benefits. Being a great antioxidant, it protects the heart by reducing inflammation and by improving blood pressure. Eating whole avocado is also beneficial for the heart and the body as a whole.
Buckwheat: This whole grain is rich in many vitamins, quite a few minerals, and is a good provider of dietary fiber. It is also gluten-free and is rich in antioxidants, making it extremely cardio-friendly.
Soy: Too much saturated fat in the diet cannot be digested and the liver converts these and stores it, which adds to obesity. Soy which is a good replacement for animal fat and even dairy products can help improve cholesterol levels and prevent fat accumulation.
Salmon: This is one of the most heart-friendly food items, which is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and good cholesterol. It lowers triglyceride levels and provides a good amount of protein for the body.
Spinach: The cholesterol which settles against the blood vessels is washed off by consuming spinach – in regular quantities at regular intervals. It is also the richest source of lutein, which is known as guardian against aging diseases including hypertension.
Go the nutty way: While most would consider nuts as rich in oils, truth is they are loaded with good cholesterol. Therefore, whether it is almonds or pecans, ground nuts or walnuts, nuts are great for the heart. They are also rich in minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, and potassium and contain various vitamins. So about a teaspoon of chopped nuts should be on your plate on any given day.
- Dark chocolate: Again, like nuts, most of us tend to avoid chocolate, but these restrictions are only for the white ones with sugar. The dark one is extremely healthy for the heart with loaded antioxidants, which prevents clogging of arteries. It is also rich in flavonoids, which are useful in controlling blood pressure and other heart diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.