Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S K JainYour feedback matters!
Diagnosed in echo test grade 1 mitral regurgitation and grade 1-2 tricuspid regurgitation. What does this mean? And how serious is this?
EIF seen in left ventricle of the babies heart. She said it is a light marker. I am 31 year old, 5 month pregnant. What is this EIF and how it effects my child.
For about 2 years I was sitting at home mostly in front of pc. I had no physical exercise within this period. And now when I do some work my heart starts pumping fast. So I have decided to do some cardio exercise like running and more stuff. So please can you provide me some supplement for better functioning of heart. And yes one more thing I am a smoker. 10 cigarettes per day. Planning to quit smoking for my health. And I am an seafarer, who needs to be medically fit. Thank you. Please reply via mail or through this app.
I am 18 yrs old or I have chest pain on both sides from many years it sudden occurs or stops automatically. When chest pain occurs I am unable to breathe properly.
Homocysteine result is 32. 9micromole/litre. I have been suffering from gastro-intestinal problem. Medicine does not suit me now. Without medicine how can I bring the level down? please help me doctors.
Today when I was attending a lecture my heart beat increased suddenly and I encountered a little suffocation, but my class-mate were normal, what was it?
I am a male 19 years old and have chest pain since past 7 to 8 months and had every test done like CT Scan, X ray of lungs, Blood tests, ECG and every test came normal but I still have that chest pain and it gets worse when I speak loud or too much. Doctors told may be Gas related problem is there or stress but I did meet psychologist and still I have chest pain. What should now I do?
Dear doctor, my chest is paining due to cough since a month, I have tried many medicines, but no improvement! Please help me regarding this! What should I consume?
I have a heart problem. And when a smoker smoke cigrates, I can't breath properly. What's my problem and give me solution.
I am suffering for fever from the past 3 day and I have chest pain due to cough, so how can I get well soon?
Hi Doctors! Sir/Madam After Every Meal I Take, I Feel Burning Sensation On My Chest! Sometimes On Right Side Of The Chest Or Left Is It GERD Or Gastritis? And How To Prevent This?
My paracardiotomy done in April 2012 due to constrictive pericarditis. Is the cut marks of operation are disappear in future or not?
After reducing glucose level to 84 and 100 my doctor ask me to continue medicine and increase food intake. My wish is no diet alterations and reduce dianorm30 mg to lower dose.
He is suffering from constant gas problem. and he is also having high bp problem and he refuses to take much medicines so is there a good solution which could help him out its urgent.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
• Family history. high blood pressure runs in families.
• Overweight or obesity.
• Being physically inactive.
• Tobacco use. .
• High salt (sodium) in your diet.
• Less potassium in your diet.
• Less vitamin D in your diet. .
• Alcohol consumption
• Other conditions like chronic kidney disease, diabetes
and sometimes pregnancy can also contribute to high