Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Despite of taking covance-d 50; metolar-xr 100 mini press 5 and dytor 10 my BP is stuck at 150/70. I'm a crd patient for last 15 years when creatinine was 1.8 now it has gradually risen to 2.3. I want to reduce my BP to at least to 140 or below.
My mother is 62 years old and she is suffering from bypass surgery medicines. She is taking medicines from last 4 years. How to remove medicines and go in the normal life? Thanking you. Raman Dhawan.
He is suffering from blood pressure problem. Pls suggest him some diet. There is a continuous up and down in his bloop pressure. Some times he loses his temperament b coz of dat. Pls help.
Hellow doctor, I am 38 years old, height - 5.10, weight - 78kg. My blood pressure is 160/110 from 1st time checked on 11.05. 15. Till today (i. E. 18.05. 15) blood pressure is remain same 160/110. I am not feeling any problem, some how I am feeling a little pain in my foot.Please suggest doctor, what have to do. Am I on risk?
I am aged 52. I had a heart attack in dec 2013. Angioplasty done. Had one block and stent implanted. Now I am taking tablets 1. Planep 10 mg 1/2 2. Starpress xl 50mg 1 tab 3. Arbitel 20mg 2 tab 4. Prasita 10 mg 1 tab daily after breakfast And ecosprin 150 mg after lunch And storvas 20 mg 2 tab after dinner. Now I feel ok as there is no complaints. I avoid fatty food items non veg and eggs etc but take fried items. like papad and snacks. Is there any harm if I take such food items. How long should I continue the above medicines. My cardiologist said it is to be taken for life long. Can I take generic medicines instead of above medicines. Thanks a lot.
Recently I Checked with my BP. It used to be normal previously but it is now 120/90. Is it good sign to have this reading?
Recently wife was diagnosed B/P-97/145. On asked by Dr. Did Rapid profile. And it is normal. ECG impression Sinus Tachycardia. One Dr. Suggest TelvasAm. One Dr. Suggest AmlopresTL. Which Will Better. Will You suggest another drug.
I am man 40 year old. In Report showing bad cholesterol. Daily In morning before breakfast I am taking 1 kali garlic. Can you suggest is it gud for health or not. If it is gud then how much time I have to continue?
Hi my heart beat is more sometimes treatment is taken eps/rfa 6years back but since 6months same problem.Please help.
Hi Dr. I am 26 years old female. My blood pressure level was 130/90 in last month of my pregnancy. Now 4 months has completed of my delivery. But still my bp level is 130/90. But before pregnancy and in 1st 8 mnths my bp was normal. Now bp level is 130/90. Is it normal or not?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.