Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K GuptaYour feedback matters!
My 4 year old Son is suffering from ITP from Dec'15. He has a plate count of around 35000. He has been on prednisolone dosage tapering from 20 mg to 2.5 mg per day till 10th Jun'16. Now he is taking only Azoran 50 mg daily. He does not have any bleeding symptoms, only some bruises.
Which test should we do to keep us best of our general health. There is some confusion as the rates of Master health checkup is different and many different combinations are available.
In India, 2% of urban children are obese, 8-10% are overweight and the number of children likely to be obese is on the rise. Junk food seems to be the major cause behind this recent trend.
Low in nutrient but high on calories, junk food has been found to adversely affect not only energy levels but also brain function. With junk food being easily available, it could be tough to keep your child away from it while nudging him on to eat healthily. However, there are ways in which you can keep your child away from junk food, and consequently lifestyle diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular problems etc. Read on...
1. Always keep healthy snacks easily accessible
Children have a tendency to have foods that are visible and easy to reach. So, if you have packaged foods that your child can get his hands on very easily, it’s time to remove them. From vegetables, fruits to wholegrain crackers, such healthy snack options should be within the reach of your child. Place them in easy to reach food cabinets or on the lower shelves of the fridge, so that whenever your child feels hungry, he can go straight for them rather than opting for unhealthy food options.
2. Say no to junk food when at home
You have the power to create a home environment where you can control what can be eaten and what goes into your pantry. The home should be a place where healthy food should be in and junk food should be out. This way, you get to control the amount of junk food your child has as well as present healthier alternatives to him.
3. Don’t reward your child with junk food
It is very common for parents to reward their children with junk food. This shouldn’t be done as it only makes junk food an even more appealing option for children. Instead opt for non-food rewards such as extra pocket money, or a new toy etc.
Moreover, you shouldn’t use junk food as a bargaining chip either, i.e. by telling him he can have an ice cream if he eats his vegetables first. This would do more harm than good as your child would find processed foods more appealing and healthy food alternatives less appealing.
4. Lead by example
In order for your child to eat healthily, you need to lead by example. Limit your own consumption of junk food first. If you want to take your child away from junk food, you need to be a role-model yourself. Furthermore, it is good to include your child on your plans for healthy eating as it allows them to have a say in what they would and wouldn’t like to eat instead of foodstuffs being imposed on them. Make a meal plan together to figure out healthier eating alternatives for your child.
5. Teach moderation to your child
Don’t completely ban junk food as this move can backfire. This is because, by doing so, the moment your child gets the opportunity to have junk food items, he will most likely overindulge. On the other hand, teach him about moderation and the importance of having small quantities of this type of food from time to time.
Teaching your child to eat healthily is not an easy task, but is also not impossible to achieve. With a little bit of guidance and perseverance, you can easily achieve the goal of keeping your child away from junk foods.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Just now I travel abroad and return home - I have having laziness and weakness in my body , can you please suggest how to remove this issue ? But I am always active in normal days , please advice.
Arthritis means joint pain associated with inflammation (redness, warmth and swelling). All joint pains are not arthritis.
I am 26 yrs female. After my miscarriage, I have late menstruation period, stomach pain and less bleeding flow. What should I do?
I am 25.3 weeks before I been using deo (park avenue) very close to my armpit. And that time itself I used to feel some itchy under my armpit. And now it's itchy red red rashes. So I stopped using deo in my underarm and I used deo on my front part of the body (shoulder to stomach) and when I woke up my body got itchy and also some red rashes. What will I do to cure this? I stopped using deos. Please advise.
I am 23 year old but I do not have a beard properly on my face. So what could I do for gaining beard fast and properly.
I am suffering from belly fat please suggest me remedies to overcome belly fat. Suggest me proper diet to reduce my belly fat. Also if their are protein foods do tell me.
Is there any cure for erythromelalgia? most doctors in india I have visited do not even know of this disorder. Please let me know if there is any place in india where cure is available. Basic symptoms include redness and pain in feet which gets worst with temperature increase.
I am having continues hair fall, what should I do to stop it? And what should I do to regain my lost hair at my forehead?
With oily skin, the constant feeling of stickiness, excessive pimples, and never-feels-fresh can be extremely stressful. The skin, by its nature, has oil and sebaceous glands in the underlying layers, and an excess amount of these glands can lead to skin being extremely oily. There are, however, various products available in the market that are specifically meant for oily skin types. In addition, there are various things that can be included as part of regular skin care to manage oily skin to leave you with more glowing, less oily appearance.
Read on to know more.
- Face wash: Regular cleaning, at least twice a day, is one of the best skin care regimen to manage an oily skin. Warm water and soap or a non-soap cleanser should be used to wash the face. These contain substances like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and you might have to try a couple of products to see what would suit you best. If you have acne, benzoyl peroxide would also help control acne. In the initial days, it might cause some redness and itching, but will soon subside. Also, be careful not to overwash it in an attempt to wash off the oil constantly. This can cause dryness and irritation too. If the oiliness is too much to manage, then using blotting pads or even regular tissue paper to remove the oiliness during the day can be useful.
- Choosing cosmetics: Using oil free or water based cosmetics is more beneficial and helps control the oiliness. Also, choosing a right moisturizer and applying it rightly is very essential. The face is not evenly oily, some parts would be oilier than others. A moisturizer with petrolatum or lanolin should be avoided.
- Skin contact: With oily skin, avoid hair falling onto your face, as also hands, especially if you have nails. There is a high tendency to pick on acne which only increases the spread.
- Skin toner: An oil free, alcohol free toner can be used on the oiliest patch. This will be light on the skin and help reduce the sticky feeling. While using this, keep in mind the patches that are oily and dry and apply it only on the areas that are oily.
- Sun exposure: Limit sun exposure by using oil-free, water-based sun screen products. This is essential to block pores and provide sun protection.
- Exacerbating factors: While sebaceous glands usually become active during puberty and subside over a few years, for some, they may continue to be active into adulthood. This causes acne, and is aggravated by humid or cold weathers, stress, or by certain foods. Identify these changes and try to avoid them.
These simple, easy-to-follow measures will definitely help manage oily skin much more effectively.