Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old I am notice my body some parts effected by white spots please give a good solution what I do. Thanks.
-Popping or scratching acne can leave scars
Natural home remedy using aloe vera and Turmeric:
1. Take an aloe vera leaf
2. Peel the outer green covering
3. Extract the gel from inside
4. Mix half tsp pure turmeric powder.
5. Apply the gel 2 times a day
6. Leave it for 30 minutes
7. Wash it off
Natural home remedy using honey, lemon juice, almond OIL and milk:
1. Take 1 tbsp of honey
2. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice
3. Add 1 tbsp almond oil
4. Add 2 tbsp of milk
5. Mix Well
6. Apply on the affected area
Stop application if irritation persists and apply coconut oil.
I have a long history of stomach disturbance and infection there is so much mucus in my stool sometime white colored sometimes like water and also blood lumps are coming out sometime and and sometimes its dripping out And also when I eat something a little hard (like salad, pulses dry fruits etc.) it doesn't digest and comes out as it is in stool for some time I am having pumping like pain right above my hips I have seen a doctor he says it could be because of infection he given me some meds and it seems some relief in pain but not in other problems.
I am 36 year old woman, I am having white heads and acne on my chin area from last two months, which get red and pain a lot under sun. Please advice some cure.
I am getting burning sensation in my anus while stooling. But no blood. That pain is only for 5 minutes like that. I went to doctor. He gave medicine for week. It is controlled but after the day same problem. But mean I have taken non veg and spice food also. Can you give advise for this?
I'm 23 old female. My body skin type is dry, in winter it changes to very dry and causing itching and dry patches on skin .please suggest some body soaps or anything else to red rid of this problem. Thank you.
Is there anything doing which I will have any kind of infection and develop marks on my face and body for some 2-3 months. Please suggest.
I'm 25 years old. My skin tone is fair but my face looks black. I also have black spots on my face because of pimples. I want to get rid of black spots and get the face fairer in color. Please suggest.
Have you any treatment for pyoderma gangrenosum. Since two years. On lower part of left leg, on ankle. Diagnosed as pyoderma gangrenosum.
I have dark circles under eyes. I sleep for around 7-8 hours a day. What should I do? Please educate me.
When my tsh levels are normal. It's always below 2 then why my face still looks puffy. Why my weight is still not the same it use 2 b.if I'm hypothyroid then I have to suffer for this puffiness problem fever?
Hello doctor am 25 years old guy I have dark circles under the eyes. I sleep 7 hours a day but the dark circles does not gone. What is the best homeopathic medicine for this dark circle condition?
My skin colour is very dull or black. Which night cream I can use. And how I can fair colour on my skin. please clarify me night cream name. And how I can care my skin.
I start getting dark circles 5 year ago and they are increasing every year. My sleeping schedule is fine and I don't work much on laptop or phones. Please suggest me best treatment with creams or diet.
I am 24 old women at time my right nipple itch at skin on the area gets dry. Now for few weeks it's is occurring frequently. What should i do?
I have a white patch the size around a cm diameter, since 2 years on my chin. Light patches also developed on the upper lip and inside the mouth in the corners.
Skin health is an indicator of a number of factors, such as blood circulation, digestion and waste removal from the body. The skin is considered to be an organ in itself as it performs certain important functions in the body. Therefore, you always need to make sure that your skin is in its optimal health. Common skin conditions like acne, dandruff and blackheads can easily be prevented by following certain precautions.
Outlined below are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
- Avoid junk food: It’s high time you stop eating processed foods and the ones covered in grease. Junk foods which are rich in oil and sugar can make your skin oily and cause acne. Instead, replace them with seeds and nuts.
- Exercise: The benefits of exercise are not limited to fat loss; it is beneficial for the skin too. Exercises such as running boosts blood circulation in the skin and the sweat helps in draining out various waste products from the body.
- Diet: Your diet should consist of fiber rich foods, which improve your digestion. Many problems of the skin are linked to a bad digestive system. Cut out simple carbohydrates and include complex carbohydrates such as brown rice.
- Follow a skin care regimen: You should follow a proper skin care regimen to maintain your skin. Wash your skin with a mild cleansing agent every day and moisturize it. Apply sunscreen while going out to prevent sunburns.
- Drink lots of water: Drink lots of water every day. Water helps in cleansing the body by removing the waste products from the body. Abstain from alcohol because it only adds calories and damages the liver. Aim for at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun: While sun exposure allows the skin to produce vitamin D, but too much of that can lead to sunburns. It increases the risk of certain skin cancers as well. Make sure to apply sunscreen and wear full sleeved clothes before going outdoors.
- Exfoliate regularly: Make sure you exfoliate your skin on a regular basis to clean your skin and get rid of the impurities. Don’t scrub your regularly as it may damage the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Sir please suggest Does do sex. Is. Make my face glow and my all hot nature away Does do sex is good for me.
Causes of skin discoloration and its types
Skin discoloration is a condition where the overall color of skin appears patchy and uneven. This generally takes the form of dark spots, blotchiness, jagged sunburns, etc. It is caused due to unequal distribution of melanin, the pigment responsible for imparting color to the skin.
Melanin is produced by the melanocyte cells in the epidermis layer of the skin. This pigment plays a protective role in the skin, particularly when it comes to defense against sun damage. Production of melanin is generally uniform through the skin but sometimes, various anomalies cause some parts of the skin to produce excess melanin whereas others may produce none at all. This leads to discoloration of the skin, making the appearance of skin tone irregular and non-uniform.
What are the different types of skin discoloration?
There are various types of skin discoloration which are caused by different medical and nonmedical conditions.
Some of them are as follows:
- Melasma. This type of skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body. This condition is found most commonly in pregnant women.
- Vitiligo. This is a medical condition which is caused when melanocyte cells cease to function or die. It manifests itself in the form of white patches that appear on the skin.
- Sunburns and Tans. These appear on the skin in the form of dark patches, uneven splotches and burns. It is caused by unprotected and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Tinea Versicolor. This type of skin discoloration is caused by a fungal infection that makes skin appear dull and flaky in patches. It occurs due to hormone level fluctuations or a malfunction in the immune system.
- Skin Cancer. When the skin gets affected by melanomas and carcinomas, it appears discolored. This type of discoloration changes shape, size and texture and requires the immediate attention of a specialist.
- Other causes of skin discoloration include genetic inheritance, allergic reactions and drug reactions. The diagnosis of treatment depends on the exact nature of the condition and varies from case to case.
Related Tip: Can Use of Sunscreen Reduce Skin's Aging?