Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. S.K. GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from allergic sinus from past few years which leads to cold and cough. I need to take pills like Allegra M and montair 10 for remedy everyday throughout the year. Moreover my doctor suggested me to take influenza injection every six months to avoid sinus problem. I preferred taking pills instead of injection. Is it good taking pills throughout lifetime as a remedy for sinus or I should go for injection. Is there any other remedy for treatment of sinus problem.
Sir I pain irritation in throat and have irritation when I speak. I am a smoker and drink beer also.
Hi, I am asking for my son. He is 5 year old. He has got enlarged lymph node below the right ear .first day he has throat pain. Then we noticed a bulging inside the throat .then he told he has neck pain also. Then only we saw the bulging on the same side of neck where the throat has. Next day we consult a doctor .after examine he told all lymph nodes in his body are palpable. So we have to do blood test nd smear test also. Mantoux test also done. Tat is negative. But in blood test neutrophil and WBC count are high. I want to know about this .can you please help me.
I AM 26 Year old and I am suffering from runny and itchy nose from 30 days. Kindly tell the disease name and cure as well.
Sinusitis is an inflammatory condition which causes swelling of the tissue lining the sinus passages. The healthy sinisuses are filled with air, but when there is a blockage, they get filled with fluids which can give rise to germs and cause an infection. Conditions such as the common cold, allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining of the nose) and a deviated septum (shift of the nasal cavity) can cause sinusitis. People with nasal polyps and blocked drainage ducts are more prone to getting sinusitis as compared to other people. The main treatment for sinusitis is surgery.
Surgery is the most effective treatment for this condition as it makes the sinuses drain by getting rid of the blockage and draining out the mucus. Surgery also removes infected, swollen and damaged tissues in the sinus along with polyps present in the nose or the sinus. If any foreign substances are obstructing the nasal passage, they are removed as well. Surgery, sometimes, is the only way of getting rid of a nose which is badly blocked. In severe conditions, people might also require a second surgery. Surgery, when coupled with medication, is more effective in treating this condition as antibiotics might be required to prevent the sinus from getting re-infected.
There are two types of sinusitis surgeries people can avail:
- Endoscopic surgery: This surgery removes small bones and other foreign substances blocking the sinus passage or is used for removing polyps. A thin tool called the endoscope is inserted into the nose with the help of which, the doctor gets rid of substances which are blocking the sinus passage.
- Sinus surgery: This is carried out in conditions when there are developments like pus and infections in the facial bones or in case of a brain abscess (inflammation caused due to infection within the tissues of the brain). In this kind of surgery, the doctor uses the opening in the mouth or makes another one through the skin of the face to remove the blockage from the sinus and get rid of sinusitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ent-specialist.
I am 40 years old male. I suffer from allergy for the past 3 months. I sneeze continuously soon after get up from bed. What should I do?
I have had a pock inside nose, it's unbearable, some suggested to put ghee, please suggest what to do.
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Some common reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Before going to home remedies please consult Dr.and keep in regular observation. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. Placing a humidifier in room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine by converting the water to moisture fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly. this doesn't mean you neglect the problem. We have endoscopic treatment and surgery now which is simple and quick healing and resume work .
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking the blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: The compress(towel) that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
- Exercise: Doing aerobics definitely help by releasing adrenaline in body and opens nose. This is the best treatment of allergic rhinitis after avoiding allergens.
Do not use Otrivin like nose drops I inadvertently. This can even produce blocked nose if using for long time.