Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Hi ,day by day my nature & feelings are being changed .I always feel nervousness little afraid although I am brave but I don't k ow what's happening to me I got affected by a simple things also and I need a good time to become normal that's cause hamper to my studies .I feel very restless I CNT sit nor walk its very unusual feeling difficult to describes. And ya my heart it have also some affects I can't describe it ya sometime its beat fast and some other affects also But how can I describes my self its very difficult to write .In simple I always feel very nervous and due to this I can't gain weight at the age of 21 my wt is just 41. Ht 5: 5. Hope that you understand my problems. And ya whenever I feel this type of feeling I can't eat not a single piece of anything except liquid .my friends told me you thinks too much that's y this things are happening ya true I think too much but I can't control my mind .and thinking too much give me little peace I know its not peace but I feel good please suggest me doctors what I will do hope that you will understand what I'm telling to say .
Hi I am 64 years. Old. My 2d echo colour doppler study indicates mitral flow: e: 100 m/sec, a: 40 m/sec. Is it normal? or indicates any heart problem?
If I sleep flatly will get upper abdomen pain and feeling like whole chest tightness. Taken ecg was normal . Please tell.
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.