Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Garg
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S K GargYour feedback matters!
I am 63, male, own firm. Have diabetes for over 15 years and COPD as well. Eye under regular chek up for glaucoma, retina assessment. Diseases appears to be under CONTROL. But medicines intake are large. For diabetes- diamicron xr 60 @ breakfast, Volibo. 3@lunch and Tenglyn 20mg@dinner. Last HgAc reading-6.5 (nov 1) For COPD -Tiova rotacap 1, Budate 400 trnscap 1, Onbeze inhaler! daily and AB phylline cap with Dilzem30For Glaucoma prevention- Alphagan Z Eye drop 2 times daily. Taking all these medicines regularly for last 3 yearsAny change required after prolong use. Any better alternatives?
I have some problems in my eyes last 2-3 yrs. My eyes becomes dry in AC's, during riding bikes without helmet and using mobiles and laptops then I feel that there is lack of lubrication in my eyes. Pls tell me what precautions I have to take?
A person aged 51 having Diabetic problem and lost his vision now. He is under Insulin control and taking Insulin 3 times per day. Is it possible or not possible getting his vision once he controls the sugar level?
Who are at risk Of developing bradycardia from timolol eye drops? Do people having resting pulse rate in the range Of 60-65 are at a risk Of developing heart problems like bradycardia as this medication work by slowing the heart rate?
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.