Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Garg
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K GargYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I was fair when I was born, but now became darker. My skin color keeps fluctuating based on water also. But can't change water. I tried kojic creams. But it just had temporary effects. please tell me about skin brightening treatments. I see many in YouTube but I am afraid that it may damage the skin. Lost many matches bcoz I am dark. please suggest any permanent treatments.
I have problem of under eye bag. Is there any way for its treatment. Please provide me a good way thanks.
Hey Doctor My name is Rahul I have a problem of dark lips I want a lighten lips So please Doctor solve my problem?
I've A Rash On Scrotum From Past 3 Day. When I Starch The Skin Become Red & Itchy. After Much Starching My Of Course, The Top Layer Of Skin Becomes Dry And Peel Off.
Kya Masterbation karne se face pe pimples aate hai kya. Mujhr aisa isliye lagta hai kyu ki jab mai Masterbation karta hu uske 1-2 din ke baad mere face 1 new pimple aa jata hai. Mera age 18 hai.
I am just 13 years old and found some reddish chunks in my poo. I feel worried, about that it can be a cancer or results of internal bleeding in stomach. Please help me.
Helo Dr. Mein drink smoke kuch nhi karti fir bhi mere lips ka colour dark ho gaya hai pls kuch bataiye jisse pink ho jaye again cream medicine kuch.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.