I’m Dr.S. K Chawla, plastic and cosmetic surgeon at South Delhi Cosmetic Clinic. I also attend the Fortis Hospital.
Today we are going to discuss something about non-surgical treatment or facial enhancement or improvement so that one should look young, good and beautiful. We have lot of facial non-surgical treatments available. Out of these Botox and fillers are commonly being used nowadays. As most of our clients they are not interested in surgical treatment and they demand non-surgical treatment to improve their facial features so we have Botox and fillers. Botox is a medicine which relax your facial muscles and it gives you the wrinkle free face. This is used by giving injections. This injection is almost painless because we have applied numbing cream on the area where you feel you have wrinkles or you have an enhance you want to remove the wrinkle from any particular area so we apply the numbing cream at least 40 minutes before. After that we give injections. This injection relax your muscles, so when the muscles contract you don’t have wrinkles. But this is a very demanding procedure and it should be done by a medical person. Second one is the facial fillers, fillers is a material which is use to fill a particular area on your face so that it gives the volume to the face. Because with the increasing age your face loose volume from certain area and because of the loss of volume of face look looks age aging that is why the people wants to look younger and we give them fillers in that particular area. So this filler is also given by injection, it has no side effects, it will give you effect at least for 8-10 months. After 8-10 months if you want you get it again.read more
I am Dr S.K.Chawla, I am plastic and cosmetic surgeon we have our South Delhi cosmetic clinic in Greater Kailash Part-2, I am also tied with Fortis Hospital. Today we will discuss something about hair transplant, hair transplant is a most common surgery in male persons nowadays and most of the man with hair fall for baldness they are coming to the clinic and most of them are demanding for either hair treatment or hair transplant. That's why we are discussing today something about hair transplant hair, in hair transplant we take hairs from the back of the head which is called a donor area and from this donor area we take hair and transferred to the bald area or wherever the person demands the transplantation of hair. This is done by two techniques, one technique is called as follicular unit extraction technique and one is called as a strip method, in the strip method we take a strip of the skin along with the hair and from that strip we take out separate hairs. This is done by our technicians and after the taking out the hairs be transplanted to the bald area. In this method we give stitch on the side from where we have taken the strip, another method is a FUE method, in this method we take hairs one by one from the back of head or from the side and in this technique we don't give any stitch, that is why it is called as stitch less method of hair transplantation. Because we don't give any stitch so it is less painful in comparison to the strip method, both of these methods are very good and both of them give very good result and we select type of technique according to the area of baldness according to the hair which is present in the donor area, according to the skin type what kind of his skin we have in the donor area. If it is very thick skin then the FUE method is very good, if the skin is lacking and the hairs are thin, then we prefer to do hair transplant by strip method because in the strip method we don't lose too much of hair during harvesting of the hairs. After the hair transplantation is done, it takes usually 4 to 5 days to recover from the operating process because after 4 to 5days, we allow you to wash your head, we allow you to wear the cap and you can shampoo your head. Also after 7 days, we give you some lotion to apply on the back of the head that can be used for 5 to 6 month and the hair starts growing after at least two to three months. These hair keep on growing continuously, they will increase in length you can get it get them trim after regular interval. So this is all about hair transplant, it is a very good procedure, it does not have any major complications.read more
Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Plastic and Cosmetic surgeon in India.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. K Chawla
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Wrinkles
Mole Removal Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Treatment of Double Chin
Derma Roller Treatment
Breast Reduction Procedure
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. K ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was really a pleasant meeting. He was understanding and listening to my problems very patiently. He was helpful and giving right advices.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. S. K Chawla to be very helpful. ya the same answer I visited a doctor he replied the same
I found the answers provided by the Dr. S. K Chawla to be well-reasoned. Great suggestion..
To look good is one of the best ways to help yourself feel good. With the help of the latest technology, we now have cosmetic solutions to our appearance related problems and these are available at numerous salon or in jars that can sit on our nightstand, ready for regular use. Yet, there are more long-term solutions with greater efficacy that one can get from a cosmetic surgeon. Facial implants are one such solution which can help us in many ways.
- Augmentation: One of the main benefits of getting facial implants is that these will help in significantly augmenting your facial features, especially your cheeks. If you have a weak chin which seems slightly receding or too chubby cheeks, then this is a good cosmetic option which can help in giving better shape so that the features are well augmented with better definition and fullness. This will render a fine balance to your overall appearance and make your face that much more attractive as well.
- Reconstruction: Sometimes, we lose the shape and definition of our features to age and weight as well as other factors like a stressful lifestyle where eating and sleeping patterns are less than ideal. In such a scenario, we can reconstruct the facial features, restoring the contours and bringing back the original proportions of the face. This will make the features look like they really fit in with your face which gives a good appearance in the long run.
- Rejuvenate: These implants can also help in rejuvenating and adding a more fresh feel to your overall appearance. With the help of these implants, you can actually bring back the distinction between areas like the jaw and the chin, as well as the cheeks so that your face looks more well proportioned, well defined, and even younger.
- Correct deficiencies: If you have any facial deficiencies in terms of the contours as well as the definition of your features and the blend of the same, then you can turn to facial implants. These implants will help in better contouring in a way that will fix these imperfections in your jaw, chin and cheeks. This will give you a more polished look.
- Facial symmetry: One of the best benefits of facial implants is the fact that it renders greater symmetry to your face. After this procedure, your face will actually have features set in a proportionate line which creates a pleasing and perfect look. If you feel you cheeks are too large or your chin and jaw are literally merging in with each other, then a facial implant will help in bringing in greater symmetry for your face. These procedures are also quite quick to perform.
In the modern times, hair removal has become very common. Most people get a hair removal done for fashion reasons, although hair removal is extremely hygienic as well. The common hair removal methods are waxing, shaving or tweezing. The latest and the most effective hair removal method is laser hair removal.
- Lasers are extremely useful to remove unwanted hair from different parts of the body like the face, the legs, the arms, the underarms, the bikini line, and any other area. Here are a few benefits of laser hair removal:
- Laser hair removal can focus on a particular portion of the skin leaving the surrounding areas. It can also remove coarse hair without affecting the skin in the area.
- It is a very fast method as each laser pulse takes just a fraction of a second. An upper lip laser hair removal takes about a minute whereas laser hair removal of the back can take almost an hour.
- Laser hair removals are mostly permanent after a series of minimum 3 sittings.
What to do before Treatment?
Laser hair removal is just not a method to remove hair, it is a complete treatment. Make sure the person who will conduct the treatment on you is a professional technician or a doctor.
If you are getting a laser hair removal, abstain from waxing, plucking, or electrolysis for at least six weeks before going through the treatment. Also try to avoid the Sun as that can create certain complications.
What to expect from Treatment?
Before your unwanted hair is removed with laser, it will be trimmed to just a few millimeters right above the skin. The equipment of the laser treatment will adjust to the colour, the thickness, as well as the location of the unwanted hair being treated, along with the skin colour. The technician and you will need to wear eye protection, according to which laser will be used. Your outer skin will also be requiring a coolant gel or device before the treatment takes place.
After the treatment is done you will be provided with ice packs and anti-inflammatory lotions to relieve the discomfort. Schedule your next sitting after at least six weeks. You will have to keep going for more sittings until hair stops growing.
You might look sunburned after the treatment. Moisturizing will help ease the burnt feeling. Use sunscreen to prevent any colour change of your skin. Some other side effects can be blistering (which is usually very rare), swelling, scarring, or redness.
There are many changes that take place in our face and body as we start ageing. While the face starts to show the signs of ageing earliest-in the form of wrinkles and fine lines as well as a sagging chin and neck, the effect of ageing on the body might be slightly late. The skin may sag or you may end up putting on weight in various parts of the body like upper arms, which may look unsightly and bring down your level of confidence as well. Signs of ageing can often make you shy away from living your life to the fullest.
For the sagging upper arms, one can always get a procedure called an Arm lift. This is also called a Brachioplasty. This is a cosmetic procedure that can be conducted to tighten the skin of the arms from the elbow upwards. Let’s see how this procedure works.
What does it do?
- Excess fat tends to accumulate in both arms togather with weight gain. Person face laxity in this area after massive weight loss or with body ageing.
- Arm Lift is a surgical procedure to tighten the skin in the arms through the removal of excess fat deposits as well as skin.
Who can opt for this surgery?
Any person who is medically fit having arm disfigurement can opt for this procedure. Patients who have signs of ageing or excessive weight gain are the best candidates for this kind of surgery. Also, it may be used by the patients who are suffering from sagging skin after losing a great deal of weight which may lead to an appearance of bat’s wings on the sides.
This surgical procedure is conducted by a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon. It’s a day-care procedure. The doctor begins by marking the various areas of concern having excess fat and flabby skin. Thereafter, the doctor proceeds to remove the excess skin so that the arms are tightened getting more youthful look. This is done under anaesthesia to make patient pain-free. The skin that is removed is usually shaped like an ellipse. In many cases, there may be a need to conduct a liposuction if the patient has excess fat as well. Once the excess skin has been removed, skin edges are approximated with meticulous sutures with various Plastic Surgery techniques.
Recovery usually takes 5-7 days. Person can resume routine activities from very next day. Sometimes you might be advised a pressure garment for better outcome.