Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Barma
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S K BarmaYour feedback matters!
I have swelling in my finger. And I accidentally pressed it and little bit pus came out from one side of nail. But still it's hurting and still have swelling. What should I do.
में 13 साल का हूँ । मेरे ankle में दर्द होता है। ये पिचले 1 महीने से है। में 5 सीडी से कूडा । तबसे मेरे दर्द है। मेने डॉक्टर को भी दिखाया तो उहनोने मुझे crack bandage और दबाई दी । पर मुझे कोई आराम नहीं मिला । बताइये में क्या करू।
Is it possible to have a painless needle prick or injection in our botox. I have a injection like pain in my back (only when I press that region). Is it possible for anyone to inject without my knowledge when I am awake. Pls help.
I am asking question on behalf of my mother who is suffering from foot pain while walking. We consulted doctors and they said its osteoporosis. She took lots of medicinal drugs but none effect of recovery is visible in her. Can you please recommend some best ways to get rid from this pain.?
I feel pain when I move or stretch my hand and leg it seems to me muscular pain or somewhat else but not joint pain.
There will be a sudden paining started on my back when I wake up in mornig. What I should do to get over it?
I have pain in my neck since 1 months. When I take medicine thereafter I feel relax otherwise its continuous. So what should I do?
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfillment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for grave injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
- You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
- Stiffness and swelling
- You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
- You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for grave injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
- Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
- Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. The possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
- Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life-threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps.