Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.K Awana
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.K AwanaYour feedback matters!
I have a severe headache daily. Due to which I am not able to do daily routine work. So pleadr help me out.
Please suggest me diet for healthy hair life or long term hair life? Which type of food should be avoid or which food is good for my hair nourishment?
I am 77 years old. I suffer from psoriasis since early childhood. It is genetically transmitted from mother to child. I am a retired medico in integrated medicine. I hv tried steroids, sunbath and antiallergics. It is mainly on scalp n groin area.
Are you suffering from social anxiety phobia and are looking for ways to get over it? Social anxiety refers to the anxiety in anticipating any kind of social situation or after a certain situation. The fear of evaluation accounts for being the primary factor of social anxiety phobia. Here are the various ways by which you can deal with social anxiety phobia:
Self-help Manual: Self-help manuals are a supplement for this therapy. They act as an effective tool, which helps you to work on your own.
Visit a Therapist: In case your social anxiety phobia is hampering things you need to do along with your social activities, and your self-help measures have failed, you need a therapist. Choose a therapist who specializes in anxiety disorders.
Practice Deep Breathing Regularly: Engaging yourself in deep breathing, before a situation which provokes or triggers your social anxiety, is effective. You need to undertake deep breathing for several minutes every day. This will make it a habit for you, so that you do not focus too much on deep breathing during a situation, thereby missing out on the conversation.
Create an Exposure Hierarchy: An exposure hierarchy refers to a list. In this list, you have to write down about all the various types of situations when your social anxiety phobia gets triggered. The list has to be made in a ladder format, and by performing the easiest behaviors first, you should move up the list. For creating exposure hierarchy, you should note down 10 anxiety triggering social situations you experience, and rate them on a scale of 100. You can also join Toastmasters, which is a website where links to several worksheets based on coping with social anxiety are provided.
Create your Goals: When you feel anxious, it is likely for you to eliminate anything positive during that situation. You might be doing great, but yet face distress in everyday activities because of feelings of anxiety. For this purpose, it is recommended for you to create objective behavioral goals.
Maintain a Rational Outlook: Try to get rid of any bleak thoughts, which hamper your performance and trigger your social anxiety phobia. Also stay away from any kind of unrealistic thoughts, which are positive in an irrational way. Before any situation which enhances your anxiety, you should convince yourself about how it is a familiar situation to you, which you have dealt with smoothly in the past.
If your social anxiety phobia is getting in the way of achieving your goals and is disabling you from living the kind of life you seek, it is important for you to consult a therapist and go for regular therapy sessions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My daughter is 15 years old and her hair are fall very fastly from last 1 year, how and why? I don't know please suggest me what should I do?
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity:
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton of healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines or cordials.
A good night sleep is important for good health and longevity. How many hours of sleep should one have? - this question has been answered numerous times. The ?quantity? of sleep is mostly what is talked about. What about the ?quality? of sleep? Quality of sleep is equally important. One of the common factors adversely affecting the quality of sleep is ?sleep apnea?. Let us see what that is.
People snore because there is an obstruction to breathing while asleep. This leads to a drop in the oxygen levels in the blood during sleep. There is a decrease in supply of oxygen to the vital organs like the brain, heart and lungs. Over a period of time this results in damage at the cellular level in various organs leading to pulmonary hypertension, i.E, increase in blood pressure in the lungs, systemic hypertension and increased chances of death from heart attacks and strokes, besides a number of other problems like diminished concentration, tiredness and fatigue and a general feeling of ill health.
There have been some cases where the blood pressure has been normalized by managing the sleep apnea without anti hypertensive drugs. We came across the case of a 22 year old male, normal weight, no history of smoking, tobacco or alcohol consumption, suffering from hypertension. On further review of his case, we came across the possibility of him suffering from sleep apnea. We advised him to alter his sleeping position. After about 3 months, his blood pressure had normalized. Having said that, I would like to emphasize that by no means should any individual stop his/her medicines and such decisions are better left to doctors after adequate review.
You should be concerned if you have/ are one or more of the below:
2. Are overweight/ obese
3. Suffer from hypertension.
4. Hypertension occurring in young individuals
5. Case of hypertension not responding to standard medicines at standard doses.
6. Systemic hypertension with pulmonary hypertension
7. Feel tired/drowsy/have difficulty in concentrating even after a full night sleep.
The treatment of sleep apnea could be surgical or non surgical depending on the degree and the cause of sleep apnea and obstruction. Mild cases may be treated by a simple sleep position alteration and others might require CPAP ventilation during sleep (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure). So the options for treatment are:
1. CPAP ventilation
2. Sleep position alteration
3. Oral orthotic devices
What can you do if you snore:
1. Avoid alcohol, sedative drugs and drugs that depress respiration, at or near bed time.
2. One of the following sleeping positions might help relieve the airway obstruction and thereby take care of the sleep apnea ? sleeping on ones side or sleeping with the head end of the bed at an angle of 30- 40o from the horizontal.
3. Shed some pounds and get in shape.
4. Consult a doctor and tell him about your snoring and concern about sleep apnea.
5. Get a polysomnography done (better to get it done after proper evaluation from a doctor).
6. Try to maintain a regular sleeping schedule.