Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.K.AroraYour feedback matters!
I have gone through the symptoms of inattention n I found that all the symptom of inattention is present in my brother who is 12 years old. Is it important to get tested for ADHD? Is there any home treatment or I can do any thing for him.
Hi my age is 45 I have broncholitis problem form many years. Initially I went to ENT he gave me steroids. After that I gained weight. I am doing daily exercise still my weight is not reduced up to my expedition I want both advise for my bronchiolities and weight reduction.
It has been seen that children absolutely resist taking medicines, especially the conventional kind that may not agree with their sweet craving taste buds. Yet, the sweet pellets of Homeopathic medicines appeal to many children. Also, these drugs are safe and they make use of the body’s defences when it comes to fighting and treating ailments. Read on to know more about improving your child’s health with the help of homeopathy.
Treating Infant Problems: Homeopathic drugs are known to treat a number of infant related ailments like teething and the aches and pains caused by the same, as well as colic and other ailments like ear ache. These drugs are usually quick and effective when it comes to removing the discomfort that the child may be experiencing which can keep the child from turning cranky. These medicines can be used to treat acute and sudden problems as well as long term issues that seem to reoccur often.
Side Effects: One of the most common benefits of Homeopathic drugs includes the lack of side effects for children and adults alike. This quality is especially helpful for children. Let us understand why. The side effects of many conventional medicines may have a direct or indirect bearing on the growth as well as the development of the child’s immunity. With Homeopathy, the child is at no such risk. With its complete lack of side effects, these kinds of medicines ensure that the child’s growth, development and immunity do not suffer. In fact, these medicines are completely safe and are known to use resources from within the body rather than impairing such resources with an intense effect.
Response: Children are known to respond to very well to Homeopathic remedies because their bodies are still not used to the intensity of conventional medication, which makes them more receptive in general.
Various Homeopathic Medicines for Children: Aconite is one of the most widely used Homeopathic drugs that is used for treating sudden ailments like fever, fright, shock and cough or cold, as well. Arnica can also be used for various injuries. Belladona is best used for fever and persistent crying or fretfulness. Borax can be used to cure various digestive upsets. Calendula is also used to treat minor abrasions as well as sun burns as well as scalds and wounds. Chamomilla also helps in treating bedwetting problems for children. One can also use Homeopathic drugs on a regular basis once teething begins so that the child is not prone to fever and fits of crying. Also, children can be given Homeopathic drugs for deworming at least once a year. This will also help to clear out the toxins and build better appetite.
Research shows that overweight children have a higher chances of developing chronic health problems such as hypertension, asthma, high cholesterol, and even cancer as they grow up. Apart from these health conditions, being obese can cause severe self-esteem problems as well. In short, obesity in children, more specifically childhood obesity, can affect the overall physical, mental and emotional health of your child.
Here are 5 easy ways to prevent your child from falling into the perils of obesity.
1. Develop healthy eating habits in your child
Encouraging your little ones to develop healthy eating habits is vital for maintaining optimum body weight. Instead of high sugar and high fat foods, a child’s diet should consist of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain foods (such as oats, quinoa and wheat). Proteins such as lean meats, lentils, beans and fish should be included in his/her eating plan as well. Most importantly, serving food in the right portion sizes will ensure your child is getting the right amount of nutrients, while preventing him/her from consuming empty calories. Inculcate these eating habits in them right from the time they are toddlers so that it stays with them as they get older.
2. Make your child avoid calorie-rich foods
Getting your child to avoid fatty, sugary and salty foods can also prevent him from tipping over the weighing scale. Present before your child low sugar and low fat alternatives that he/she would enjoy eating such as apples, bananas, carrots, etc.
3. Encourage your child to pursue physical activity
Try to encourage your child to engage in some form of physical activity for about 60 minutes every day. From brisk walking, swimming, dancing to skipping - your child could opt for any of these physical activities. Having your child lead an active life can see him/her enjoying a number of health benefits like respite from stress, strengthening of his/her bones and muscles and decrease in blood pressure, to name a few.
4. Put a limit on your child’s TV time
When it comes to the time that your child may spend before the TV, computer or other gizmos, it should be not more than 2 hours a day. Instead, devise fun activities wherein your child as well other members of the family can take part in or ones in which your child does not need a company.
5. Ensure your child gets enough sleep
Lastly, a good night’s rest that lasts about 9-12 hours is vital for optimal weight maintenance. Studies reveal that children who slept for fewer hours were more at risk of being obese. This is because less sleep causes fatigue, leading to a decrease in physical activity and therefore, use of energy.
Hi my baby girl is 2 weeks old, daily maximum time I feed breastfeeding only but daily 2 to 3 times I gave powder milk only, now I gave lactogen 1, I want to know which milk powder is good and healthy and increase my baby's weight.
My daughter who is 2.5 years old put thread in her nose but no thread found by doctor in basic checkup what will we do?
Sir, we have a child of about 4 months in age, and we hear a thing that There is a cancer causing substance in johnson baby product so not to use these. Is it true doctor, or its just a nuisance.
What is baby bottle tooth caries?
Baby bottle tooth decay is caused by the frequent and long-term exposure of a child's teeth to liquids containing sugars. Among these liquids are milk, formula, fruit juice, sodas and other sweetened drinks.
The condition is associated with breastfed and bottle fed infants who have prolonged feeding habits or with children whose pacifiers are frequently dipped in honey, sugar or syrup. The sweet fluids left in the mouth while the infant is sleeping increase the chances of cavities.
Why should I be worried about baby bottle tooth decay?
Giving an infant a sugary drink at nap or nighttime is harmful because, during sleep, the flow of saliva decreases, allowing the sugary liquids to linger on the child's teeth for an extended period of time. If left untreated, decay can result, which can cause pain and infection. Severely decayed teeth may need to be extracted. If teeth are infected or lost too early due to baby bottle tooth decay, your child may develop poor eating habits, speech problems, crooked teeth and damaged adult teeth.
How can I prevent baby bottle tooth decay?
1. Never allow a child to fall asleep with a bottle containing milk, formula, juice or other sweetened liquids.
2. Clean and massage the baby's gums to help establish healthy teeth with a moistened gauze square or washcloth.
3. Brushing should begin upon eruption of the first baby tooth. When brushing a child's teeth, use a soft toothbrush and water.
4. Parents should first bring their child to the dentist when the child is between 6 and 12 months old for a checkup.
5. Decrease consumption of sugar, especially between meals.
6. Children should be weaned from the bottle as soon as they can drink from a cup, usually by their first birthday.
My 2 and half years son have perfect height 3.2 ft but weight is low is 11 kg and they didn't have any interest to eat take milk too also stool tight. He is seen like weak boy.
My daughter Anusha is 54 days old. She is spilling milk out 7 to 8 times in a day. She even takes burb after every feed and is on mothers feed. What can I do and is there an issue. I have given bonnisan 5 drops in a day but no luck.
Sir/ Madam, my daughter 6 years of age is suffering from asthma and eczema problem. After giving nebulization (Asthalin, duolin) from last 3 years we have consulted Ayurveda doctor, it is 10 days now. With the change of climate her condition has become very bad. She cough continuously with vomiting. Sir what shall we do. Can we give her nebulization along with Ayurveda medicine or will it cause some side effect.
My male baby Age is 17 months old. His last two month the health is poor viral fever submit in body due to changing in weather so how can I build his immune system what type of necessary supplement I give to him or follow food chart please give me the solution.
My baby is getting diaper rash very frequently. We are not using any diapers due to this, but still getting rash. We apply vaseline and zinc oxide cream regularly. When the rash gets worse we apply Eumosone-M which helps to get rid of the rashes but after 2 days it again appears. We are using himalaya wipes. Can you suggest a cream, which can apply regularly as Eumosone-M contains steroid and should not be used regularly?
I have 2 year girl child. Still her hair is not good condition very weak and poor number of hair appear. And her head is always keeping heat and sweating.
What is the benefits of giving Somva 34 to baby? Is it fine to give it on daily basis? At what age, one should start giving it?
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.