Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S.K. AngraYour feedback matters!
I am experience tired in my eyes and headache. I am Suppose to work around 8hrs on the computer. So can any one suggest me to protect my eyes.
My eyes were paining so badly today which never happens. What could be the reasons and measures to get it right.
I, srividya, (47 yrs) am getting floater problem since April 2016. I also have epilepsy problem with aura. After consulting 2 eye doctors locally there is no much improvement. They said that this floaters is not curable and my position is not so much as to give laser treatment. So my question is there any inside medicine to control the floaters or will this problem increase when the age increases and will the vision be affected? srividya from Chennai.
I am suffering from flu from many days kindly tell the solution of this problem as soon as possible also how to overcome from eye flu?
My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do. My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do. My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do.
I have bifascicular block--rbbb and labb as per my ecg. Can I get cataract operation without trouble? Thanks.
How much time it will take for a squint surgery and what's its total cost. Do it have any side effects.
I was playing cricket and got hit by a tennis ball in my right eye and everything went blank for a moment then within a few second my nose started bleeding so I put my face upside down and my friends applied ice on my eyes and nose and the bleeding was stopped but my eyes are still poisoning what should I do?
I am 20years old my eye sight is goes on increasing year by year is there any remedies or cautions to make sight nit increase to lower my eye sight point, please reply as soon as possible, eager to know the answer.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!