Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S J Aggarwal
Submit a review for Dr. S J AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to be most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is inflammed. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and acts as a shock absorber. Tears form in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to put weight on the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. Consult a doctor for accurate medicines !!
I have pain in whole body over two days. What should I do? May I take any painkiller, please give me positive response.
Hi sir myself I am balaji I am from hyderabad let me explain my personal problem I have a suffering from body pains from last 3 months I can not not walk for long time so please get some suggestions. .Thank you.
Common cold as well as flu can give rise to various symptoms like body ache as well as a runny or stuffy nose. These symptoms may also arise as a part of other ailments like allergic cold or hay fever. Mild to moderate fever may be experienced in such conditions. One should be able to treat these symptoms at home so as to be more comfortable until the flu or cold abates. Here are a few ways in which you can treat a runny nose and body ache.
- Rest: One of the first and most important thing that you need to do in such a situation is to take ample rest so that your body gets to rejuvenate rather than getting overworked even in these trying conditions. With the help of sleep and rest, you will be able to feel fresh and the body ache will be reduced as well.
- Diet: To begin with, one will need to drink plenty of fluids in order to remain hydrated. This is one of the most important ways of treating cold and flu as the body can get severely dehydrated due to the ailments. Replenishing the body fluids can ensure that the immunity does not suffer. Also, you should have plenty of soup and vegetables so that your immunity gets a boost even as the digestive system is not overworked with overly heavy food which it may have trouble in processing due to the general weakness of the body. But you must remember to eat well and frequently as the body will not go away unless you put sufficient fuel in your system.
- Steaming: Taking hot water steam with a towel draped over your head can help in treating the runny nose. Ensure that you are sitting down at a sturdy table with the steaming kettle or pan in front of you, so that there are no upsets which can lead to burns and accidents.
- Medication: Along with these measures, you must see a doctor so that the condition may be diagnosed properly. The doctor will also check your symptoms and carry out lab tests in order to ensure that there is no infection at play. Also, the doctor can prescribe medicines accordingly with anti-allergy medication like antihistamines to treat rhinitis and peramivir, zanamivir, or other such drugs to treat the flu. These medicines can also make you drowsy and induce sleep which will help your body in getting adequate rest.
- Emergency cases: If the body ache and runny nose come with other symptoms that persistently grow, you must call the doctor immediately. These include constant painful coughing, tightness in the chest, severe sore throat, vomiting, and persistent high fever.