Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. GeorgeYour feedback matters!
Hello sir mera teeth me bahut din se problem h almost starting se hi problem h Last wale teeth ke upar se masuda hua jissse vo bahut pain krta h pls some help me
Some germs in my teeth and they crating a problems when I eat sweet, teeth gives pain so please suggest what should I do so that I can remove all germs in my teeth and its killing my teeth.
Hello sir/mam, I have been suffering from bitter mouth taste from last few days. Due to which I repeatedly use mouthwash listerine and after some hour its effect fades. Plus I have also digestion problem but now there is downfall in digestion problem not much issue with stomach and for it I also take anzyme syrup. I do not why I always feel bitter bitter in my mouth. Please help me what is causing it and remedy.
I have cold and mouth ulcers (in throat) since few days. Please suggest some medication. Can I use folvite tablets for mouth ulcers?
I am suffering from teeth pain from last 5 days. Whenever drinking cold water it pains. Pls consult me what should I have done?
i have a teeth problem it's bleeding for some time and bad breath also cavity is also there so how i care for it any suggestion ?
I have pain in wisdom tooth. Should it be removed or filling is okay. There is no pain right now but doctor says extraction is better.
Sir, I have teeth pain from last one month. I used pain killer for this pain. Because of this I can't eat anything. Suggest me a dentist.
Mere mouth me ek bada chala he. Or infection lips tak aa gaya he. Nahi kha sakts hu ke nahi liquid le sakta hu.
I have cavity problem. I brush twice a day but cavity doesn't stop and in other tooths are also cavity started. What should I do and which toothpaste I use to prevent cavity?
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!