Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. S.E SinghYour feedback matters!
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on date 17 and I was not discharge inside but for safety she take an unwanted 72 pill and her last mensuration date is 18 but this month her mensuration not done why she do not have mensuration please suggest me.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure or technique where the inner and outer muscles and structures around the vagina are surgically tightened. Remember that the vagina and surrounding tissues are composed of muscles and elastic tissue. With age and the process of childbirth, these go through a lot of changes. This could lead to changes in the way a woman experiences sex and improve her urinary function. All of this can affect overall health, both physically and emotionally.
Vaginal rejuvenation as a surgery helps to restore muscle tone, improve control and strength. It not just increases sexual pleasure, but can also relieve urinary incontinence.
Ideal candidates: Now, there are specific women who would benefit from this. They are:
- Women who desire a more youthful appearance and improved functioning of the vulva and vaginal areas.
- Women with weakened muscle tone and strength. This could be result of aging, trauma, genetics, or childbirth. In these women, the vaginal tissues are stretched and therefore have less tone and strength and poor control. The sexual experience may be less than satisfactory because of the laxity of these tissues.
Options: Rejuvenation of the vagina can begin with a nonsurgical option and progress to gradually invasive modes.
- The first option would be the Kegel exercise. This involves conscious effort on the woman to hold her breath and consciously control the pelvic floor muscle contractions. This can be done anywhere and often yields wonderful results.
- The second option is the laser wherein a beam of fractional laser light is used to heat the vaginal tissues to about 60 to 70 degrees Celsius. This increased heat causes neocollagenesis, which is the production of new collagen that is firmer and more elastic. The result is growth of a thicker, more youthful vaginal lining.
- The next option would be surgical where the vaginal tissues are surgically manipulated to remove excess, redundant tissue, or shaped to improve cosmetic appearance. This is often required if the pelvic floor muscles have separated. These exercises need to be followed up with Kegel for long-lasting results.
- Increases friction during sexual intercourse
- Improves control over vaginal tissues and muscles
- Improves sexual satisfaction
- Improves cosmetic appearance of the vaginal area
- Reduces internal and external vaginal diameters
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, and can also help relieve urinary incontinence
What to expect?
- This procedure may not be covered by insurance
- Get yourself in safe hands and be clear on what to expect. Expectation mismatch can be a big disappointment post-surgery, and there is nothing much that can be done about that aspect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My boyfriend touched his penis and then my vagina on outside. He didn't insert his fingers inside. It was seventh day of my period. We both had underwear on while rubbing on each other. Can I be pregnant?
My Wife is 24 Years Old. She is 5.4" Inches Height and her weight is 80 Kgs. We are planning for Baby from the Year 2011 December we married. When We Consult Doctor they asked her to reduce weight. My Question is Some Fat ladies giving birth to babies with out issue. Why Can't Wife? She is having thyroid previously but it is normal now and PCOD Problem. Thank You.
For the past few years, laser hair removal has been the gold standard in de-fuzzifying beauty methods, with the potential to end a lifetime of annoying tweezing, waxing and shaving practices. But considering the cost and long-term commitment, it’s not an easy decision to make lightly. Keep the following tips in mind before buying your first laser hair removal deal.
1. Make sure you’re a good candidate
Chances are that if you’re reading this, you’re eligible to experience the wonder of laser hair removal; the technology has advanced over the years to treat more and more types of people. Those with light skin and dark hair have the best chances at success (the laser light picks up on the colour contrast in order to zap follicles), but some clinics use different systems that may have improved chances at treating darker skin tones or lighter hair colours. Check to see what your clinic uses if you’re concerned about your skin-hair combination not being ideal.
2. Know that not all lasers are created equal
You may think laser hair removal is basically the same no matter where you go, but there are at least five major technologies currently available: IPL, Alexandrite, Diode, Nd:YAG and Ruby. They each offer different pros and cons: (for example, IPL is very popular due to its versatility and lack of discomfort, but may not work as well for thicker hair). Again, what’ll work for you depends a lot on your particular skin and hair type.
3. Do a background check
Laser hair removal is a shade more complicated than your standard spa treatment, so youll want to make sure the person behind the handpiece is fully qualified. We try to give you as much info as possible on each offers page, so reading those sections on our site fully before clicking the buy button is a great start. It also doesn’t hurt to do a quick Google search, check the clinics website or simply call them up to learn more about the operator’s education and experience.
4. Shave, but don’t wax, before your first visit
In the weeks leading up to your first treatment, nix all forms of hair removal that require pulling out the root, including waxing, tweezing and epilating. Switch to razors about four to six weeks in advance - some clinics will require that you shave right before treatment, while some others request that you have a bit of stubble (maybe up to three days worth) in order for the light technology to pick up on the strands. Make sure to consult your clinic to see what prep work they will want you to do.
5. Avoid the sun
Since skin colour has a big impact on how effective the laser treatment can be, getting a golden tan right before your visit is clearly a bad idea; the closer the skin colour is to the hair, the less likely the laser can differentiate between the two. Most docs recommend completely protecting the area from sunlight 72 hours in advance, or more if possible. The area will be sensitive afterward as well, and it’s often recommended to stay out of the sun or wear sunblock for up to a month or two after treatment.
6. Expect a small amount of irritation
Having powerful lasers aimed at your body sounds like it could be rough, but thankfully its usually not. People often describe the sensation as feeling like a rubber band popping at your skin, and machines that use a cooling handpiece tend to mitigate discomfort overall. Basically, if you can handle waxing, you should be more than able to handle laser hair removal. Afterwards, it’s fairly standard for the area to be red, but this should subside after a few hours or a day.
7. The results won’t be instant
Shaving and waxing are quick, temporary fixes, but laser hair removal requires you to play the long game. Hair wont disappear instantly after the first treatment; it gradually falls out in the preceding weeks, and requires roughly four to 10 visits to be fully eradicated. Additionally, visits have to be scheduled about four to eight weeks apart for your safety, and the number of visits may depend on your own skin type and hair growth. But if you’re willing to be patient and stick with it, youll wind up with long-lasting, potentially permanent results.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I Had unprotected sex and just after that my periods started. What should I do? Should I take an i-pill.
Due to the presence of alveoli, which are balloon-like structures in the organ, your lungs do not sink but float on water.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
My wife delivery date was 19/4/2016 but 18/3/2016 was placenta abruption at morning 9.45 am that reason fetal death before delivery. Doctors were planned to labor without cesarian and try to normal delivery help of injection and did the same. Now my wife taken rest about 40 days. My question is when will we do planned next baby? What are the precautions to avoid placenta abruption next baby? Note: Placenta Anterior.
If a female is having cyst in her one breast which very hard, movable n pains only when pressed. Is it breast cancer. Plsss reply.
1. If you are going to take herbs, see a practitioner formally trained in botanical medicine.
2. Buy herbal remedies from trusted and reliable sources.
3. Avoid herbs in which the purity and quality are suspicious,especially imported herbs.
4. Most herbs, like drugs, should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation and should not be given to small children.
5. Consider drug/herb interactions.
6. Start with low dosages and beware of the dosages: two pills from the same bottle may have completely different strengths.
7. To avoid possible chronic effects, do not use herbal remedies for long periods.
8. If you are unwell, discontinue use immediately and seek medical advice.
Midnight snack craving is basically a craving for food when you wake up in the middle of the night. Midnight cravings can lead to weight gain if you binge eat on a regular basis. It is important that you accept the situation and take steps to rectify it.
A majority of the foods that you consume are mostly empty calories such as cookies and sugar based food. If you don't control these cravings, then it may lead to tremendous weight gain. Here are a few tips to control your midnight snack craving -
- Eat your Dinner Properly: It is important that you eat a well-balanced dinner that consists of carbohydrates, protein and fats. If you don't eat a proper dinner, then the chances of eating later and subsequent binge eating go up drastically.
- Include Fiber: Add fiber to your diet as fiber helps you in feeling full. Eat fiber rich foods such as beans, lentils and broccoli which promote a feeling of satiety.
- Green Tea: Drink a cup of green tea after eating as it will help you sleep better.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure that you are properly hydrated as it will prevent food cravings. Dehydration may also lead to other health complication such as skin problems.
- Consume Yoghurt: Consume portions of yoghurt as it contains probiotic bacteria that help in keeping your digestive system healthy. It also promotes a feeling of satiety as it contains protein.
- Plan an Activity: Don't immediately go to bed after dinner, instead go for a walk or play with your pet. Make sure that you spend some time after dinner prior to retiring for bed.
- Eat Healthy: If you do have cravings then go for healthy choices such as eating salads and fruits. Focus on foods such as cucumber, jackfruits and apples.
- Protein: Make sure you add protein to your diet as protein helps in muscle building. It also makes you fuller so that you eat less. Include foods such as eggs, chicken and fish to your diet.
- Exercise: Exercise on a regular basis. This increases the secretion of endorphins in your body which improve your wellbeing and promote happiness. It will help you sleep better and reduce your craving to eat unhealthy foods.