Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. S Datta RayYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old. I wanted to live with a girl but I could not do that 10 years before when I see the first time that girl then I have some feeling love with that girl but still I did not talk to with her. Today when I see that girl I have some feeling of love I could not do that and I have some guilty feeling and I think that I can not alive with her. I think that if I marry with other girl then this problem resolve but it is not possible right now so please suggest me that I will increase my confidence out the girl from my mind.
I' am taking anti-depressants for about 2 years now, my anxiety and mood swings decreased substantially once I started taking them. While I continue to take them, I wonder if there are foods that can compliment my medicinal intake to keep my serotonin levels healthy.
Sometime I feel very happy and some time. Very lonely like no one is bother about me Sometime I feel to die as well, subside, got very angry when I am lonely. please help me this problem is from 3 years.
Hi I am unable to learn in my class. I am very dull in my class can you help me to learn and get good number in my class please help me.
I feel stress in my body 24 hours in a day. Actually I work on a shop n stand there 12 hours without any rest. So I feel very tired n do not know what to do? I m depressed. Plzz suggest something.
Good evening sir, my name is suresh. My parents are some kind of mental people. Our family is a very respectable and traditional family I want to mingle with all kind of people and I am interested in public relations. L love people and spending time with people. My parents don't understand the situation correctly they don't listen to any body. I am a btech student due to them inferiority was created in me and I could overcome with the help of a doctor. After that one day they said me as psycho from that day onwards even I want to concentrate on studies I cannot. I want to kill my parents. Don't think me as I have some kind of personality disorder.
I lost my best friends nearly. From that day I am in depression. Whatever I do she is remembering to me. Please give me a suggestion what I do?
I am 20 year male and I drinks too much, I had tried a lot of medicines and therapies to quit drinking and smoking but they won't work. Now tell me how to quit on smoking and drinking? I wanna quit but I am habitual of the alcohol and cigarette.
Dear doctors please help me to get out of my problems. please suggest me sleeping pills so that I can sleep for forever. I am just fed up with my life I cannot handle it. I love my parents alot I don't want to see them hurted only because of me. They want me to forget the man whom I love and marry some other boy. I explain them I love them a lot I cannot leave anyone neither my parents nor my love. Its been 6 months they still want me to forget him. I can't leave without my parents and my love. please suggest me sleeping pills so that this matter will become closed with me. I can't see both of them tensed because of me. I am dying daily to see my mother praying to God that I marry the boy whom they chose. I cannot leave anyone . So I have decided to leave this world. My parents think that I don't care about their feelings but they don't know how much I love them I daily think about what they want ,cry feeling helpless as my heart do not give permission me to do this. I do not have any option . I always keep praying that god please give me natural death . While walking on roads I wish some vehicle hit me to death. No one can explain my parents that what I am feeling. They are thinking about caste and their proud that what people will say if I marry my love.Please tell.
I am a 57 year old male. I am prone to anxiety / panic attacks frequently specifically. I have been prescribed clonazepam SOS. I work in a normal stress free environment. Sometimes I feel I am going to have heart attack. Wha should be the best course of action to get rid of such attacks. Regards.
I am 42 years old been depressed from the time I stopped smoking. Have lost all my confidence, fears and some negative thoughts
I am a school student .I have to wake up at 4 in morning at morning for studies as I am not able to study at night. I am not able to get up at 4 .even if my mother wakes me up I am not able to till she pu some water on my eyes. Even sometimes water does not work. Once there was huge earthquake in our area but I did not get a even a slightest hint and I was sleeping .this is too dangerous for me .in fact after this year I would be going where there would be nobody to wake me up so can you suggest how I can control my my such a deep sleep and wake up on my own at desired time.
Can depression be cured completely? Or is it just that with right medications & therapy the symptoms can just be kept at bay. Or is it just that the patient learns to live with the disease.
As the saying goes, it is all in the mind. This is very true especially when it comes to physical intimacy, where though the body plays a major role, the mind is what drives it completely. In surveys, it has been found that people enjoy sex the most when they are in a happy mood. It is very common to find people not even think about sex when they are upset and depressed.
In both male and female sexual dysfunctions, stress is the most common cause. Stress, for whatever reasons, affects sexual life and relationships in the long run. There are some strong connections between how stress affects sexual performance. Read on to know how the human body reacts to stress, which also explains the strong connection between sex and stress.
- Body image: When a person is stressed, there are effects like overeating, which lead to poor body image. These reduce the tendency to have sex, as the person’s self-image does not remain very positive.
- Hormone changes: Stress also affects the pituitary gland, which is the master gland controlling all other hormones. The thyroid, adrenals, and other male/female hormone producing organs are affected, thereby, affecting the entire cycle of menstruation, ovulation, and fertility.
- Stress hormone: The hormone cortisol (known as the stress hormone) is produced by the body when a person is in stress. When these are constantly produced as in the case with people who are constantly stressed, the production of sex hormones is reduced, thereby reducing libido.
- Blood circulation: Stress causes vasoconstriction or narrowing of blood vessels, which reduces blood flow to the target organs. Reduced blood flow to the sexual organs translates to lesser amount of sex.
- Lifestyle changes: Some of the ways a person tries to manage stress is through excessive smoking, eating, drinking, and drug abuse. All these spell doom for a sex life, and may even cause irreparable damage to relationships. Smoking has been shown to be a major cause of impotence. Drinking leads to dehydration, which affects lubrication and therefore leads to painful sex, which may not be continued. Binge eating not only tires a person, but also leads to obesity, which again is not inviting for sex.
- Unhealthy relationships: When the person around is not nice to be with, it becomes a deterrent. Imagine someone who is stressed constantly, throws tantrums, has temper outbursts, and is generally cribbing and unpleasant. There is no doubt that the partner is not going to be happy with someone like that.
So, while sex is mostly thought of as an act of pleasure, it may not be the case always. There is a vicious cycle between stress and sex, which definitely can be managed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi Dr. My father is very addictive towards cigarettes. He is now suffering from ear problem because of smoking. What could he do to avoid cigarette.
My lover rejected my proposal I went in to lack of concentration I was very much disturbed and full of tensions in my daily work hw to get out of this.
I am facing memory problems from 3 years. It has been enhancing since then. I'm also having problems when I speak, type. I forget the words which are needed at that time. Now I can't even remember what happened last 3 hours ago. My age is 18 years. Do I have dementia or nutrition problem or what? Which medical test I should prefer to know what's causing these problems.
Sir. Recently I have a problem of forgetting some important things. As I works in a MNC it's creating me a serious issues.
Discussions and consideration of ailments begin and end with those which pertain to the physical health of an individual. Matters of the body are inevitably prioritized over the matters of the mind. However it goes without saying that your overall well-being is as much dependent on your mental health as it is on physical health. However, there are few simple measures which can be undertaken to beat the depression blues.
- Exercise: What works for the body may also work for the mind and exercise is a leading example of that. It is recommended that every day you set aside at least some time for exercising. It will not only benefit your physical constitution, but will also keep your thoughts away from the issues which are tormenting you in the first place.
- Converse: It is a given that depression alienates people, drowns them in solitude. However, seclusion is merely a temporary refuge, one that can hardly benefit you in the long run. Hard as it may be, try talking to people and engage in conversations with people. In the course of the conversation, try putting into words what exactly you are suffering from. Reaching out for an extended arm goes a long way in recuperating from this condition.
- Meditation: When you suffer from depression, you inevitably are, in the process, trying to grapple with plenty of tumultuous issues. It is imperative therefore that you find a way to calm your mind and there is no other way to do it than indulge in meditation.
- Find a confidante: When suffering from depression, it is crucial that you find yourself a confidante. It is important to talk to others but it is perhaps more important to find the right person. Irrespective of your relationship with him or her, by all means find a confidante in whom you can unflinchingly confide.
- Break monotony: Monotony not only triggers depression but in most cases, breeds it. It is important therefore than you break the monotony. If not a drastic change, go for small changes initially and try to change your daily routine as much as possible.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.