Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.C SOODYour feedback matters!
I am having lots of pimple marks in my face. I have tried different medicine, consulted many doctors but its not working so if can get any help and want to know about any good doctor who can help me out.
I have hair fall and grey hair im having problem hair fall with bdandruf so I want to know treatment for it thank y.
Which face wash in the market is best suited for oily+ pimple face. I also want my face to be clean and smooth skin with no marks.
I am 23 year. I got stretch marks on many parts of my body like stomach, hands and spine due to reducing the weight. How can I reduce these stretch marks.
I am suffering from hair loss from one year. So any natural remedies are there to prevent from hair loss to get very stiffness.
My brother 26 yrs old is suffering from gynecomastia, he is very disturbed now a days and loosing his confidence day by day please suggest.
Vitamin stands for ‘vita’ means ‘important or vital’ and ‘amin’ means ‘substance’. Vitamins are essential for various body functions, and their deficiency can lead to severe problems. Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins and has multiple benefits for the skin, hair, and overall health. Almost all food substances including regular vegetables and fruits contain some amount of vitamin C, and so it is rare for people to develop this deficiency. However, making sure there is sufficient vitamin C in the diet is very useful. Read on to know more about the skin benefits in more detail:
- Collagen: Vitamin C is essential for growth of the collagen which forms the connective tissue layer. A diet low in vitamin C produces dull, lifeless skin. Including vitamin C enriches the underlying layers of the skin, producing glowing, firm skin.
- Sun Protection: Vitamin C is very critical in protecting the skin against sun damage. When the skin is exposed to the sun, there is a release of free radicals, which is reduced by vitamin C. It is an antioxidant which protects the skin from ultraviolet damage.
- Wound Healing: Vitamin C helps in quicker and better healing of wounds by helping in the synthesis of collagen during wound healing process.
- Blood Vessels: Vitamin C ensures optimal dilation of blood vessels and this helps in good blood flow to the skin. The skin glow and elasticity is largely improved when there is adequate vitamin C in the diet. Skin texture can turn dull and dry when there is less vitamin C in the diet.
- Bleaching Effect: Vitamin C reduces melanin production and melanin oxidation. It also reduces the incidence of melanomas, age spots, freckles, and protects from general photochemical reactions which lead to sun damage.
- Reduces Wrinkles: In addition to the other anti-ageing benefits, there are reduced wrinkles on the skin with a vitamin C-rich diet. This is due to the antioxidant property of vitamin C which ensures sufficient collagen formation and avoids intrinsic ageing. The photodamage effects are also reduced.
It is important to note that vitamin C absorption is reduced by smoking, cooking steaming, microwaving, and prolonged storage. It is advisable to consume raw fruits and vegetables and freshly cooked foods for maximum benefit. If your diet does not contain sufficient vitamin C, ensure you take supplements, which are available in the market in various forms. Go ahead and ensure your diet is rich in vitamin C and see these changes for yourself. There also would be dramatic effects on overall health as you consume more of this wonder vitamin.
A month ago my face skin started to be dry and rough, now I noticed my eye brow losing hair and my hair is falling too. Note: I have a sister who lost her hair because of Frontal fibrosing alopecia. What can I do to know my exact diagnosis, and if it was the same what can I do to stop hair falling, what is the treatment?
Pitted keratolysis is a skin condition that affects the soles of your feet. As a result of this disease, the skin on the forefoot or heel turns white with pitted clusters. This is often accompanied by an offensive odor and is worse when the skin is wet. This odor is the main reason patients seek treatment for this skin condition. If left untreated, this can last for many years.
People who suffer from excessive sweating and those who wear closed shoes for extended durations have a high risk of suffering from this condition. Pitted Keratolysis is a bacterial infection where the bacteria multiply in moist conditions and release enzymes that destroy the horny cells of the foot soles.
With time, this turns into characteristic crater like pits on the skin. They also produce sulphur compounds simultaneously that lead to the odor.
Treatment for this skin condition can be categorized under medicinal treatments and home remedies.
- One of the ways to treakt this disease is to treat the hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating that triggers it.
- Topical fusidic acid ointments or clotrimazole ointments can also provide some relief.
- Your doctor may also prescribe oral antibiotics to clear stubborn lesions.
- Other treatment options include anti-bacterial soap and injectable botulinum toxin. Using a strong antiperspirant with aluminum chloride can also resolve the issue.
- The first thing you must do if you suffer from this condition is keep your feet dry. Wearing socks with your shoes is a good idea as this keeps your feet dry and ventilated. Thus, keeping the bacteria from multiplying. After having a bath, pay special attention to drying your feet. You could even use a hair dryer on your feet.
- Wash your feet with soap and water at least twice a day. You could also use an antiseptic cleanser or antibacterial soap.
- Try and reduce the number of hours you wear closed shoes. Whenever possible, wear open toed sandals. Do not wear the same shoes for two days in a row without giving them time to dry out.
- If possible, change your socks at least once in the day.
- Do not share footwear or towels with anyone else.
- Apply antiperspirants to the soles of your feet.
- Soak your feet in half a bucket of water with 15-20 drops of tea tree oil. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I konw I am telling my problem that is thay on my face there are lot of pimples and I feel very bad I don to no ko that how to remove dark spots from my face please hlp me.
Sir/Madam My age 44 year but till date pimples and black spot in my face. Please tell me how to clear black spot in my face.
I am very disappointed because I am suffered from hair fall. Can you please tell me what should I do?
I am having hair fall for the past 1 month. Sir I am having gerd. I have done my ultrasonography test. All are normal. Doctor prescribed me some medicine like omeprazole but after taking this I am having hair fall. Sir I do not take any medications for now. I still sometimes feel uneasiness in my throat. Sometimes I feel better & sometimes bad. Only proper diet helps me out of this uneasiness. Sir please give me some remedy for preventing hair fall. I am thinking to buy sbl drops no 1 & sbl jaborandi hair oil. Will these medications will help in preventing hair fall. I sometimes use egg or neem water on my head but all went in vain.
Am suffering from hair fall. My hairs are growing long. Bt its not getting thick. Am 21 years old. How can I recover this problem?
Drink lot of water
Take adequate vegetables and fruits
Avoid high calories intake
Avoid oily product application
Take shower after workout in gym
Avoid betnovate cream on face.