Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.C.Rustagi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.C.RustagiYour feedback matters!
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation, Q-switch Nd: YAG and Fractional laser may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My face is extremely tanned and I have got dark spots. I tried some tan removal crams but they didn't work. How can I remove tan from my face and get a fair face?
I'm 23 years old and I've a lot of pimple marks on my legs. I tried many home made remedies for these marks but its no use. Please tell me any way to get rid of these stubborn marks forever and in a short duration.
M suffering from dark circles from so many years .pls suggest me any cream or medicine m 26 year old.
I am little bit dark in color .to improve my colour on my face what should be done. Can anyone suggest me please.
Dear Sir for some times I am getting blood with my stool and some times like white gel It comes very oftenly. Previously I suffered with bagandar at anus. It is cured now. I have taken thread treatment to cure. It is OK now? Please suggest me.
Hi, I want to know about Varicose veins tab daflon and cal dobesilate is given any tube to lesser mark of blue and green on legs.
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by redness and the appearance of pus filled red patches on the face. Small bumps that are red in color and filled with pus may also be present on the skin. This condition can last from a few weeks to a few months. However, because of its appearance, this condition may be mistaken for acne or other allergic reactions.
It mostly affects women who are middle aged or have a fairer skin tone. This disorder does not have a cure but treatments can help in limiting the symptoms of rosacea.
The symptoms of rosacea are:
- Swollen red bumps: Bumps that look like pimple and contain pus can develop on the skin; the skin tends to feel tender and hot.
- Facial redness: Facial redness is caused by swelling of blood vessels on your cheeks and nose.
- Problems in the eye: This disorder may lead to problems in the eye such as irritation, dryness and swelling in the eyelids.
- Enlarged nose: The skin on your nose may become thick and swollen, making it look enlarged.
Causes of rosacea:
- Environmental factors
- Spicy foods
- Various medications that dilate the vessels that carry blood
- Chemicals present in cosmetics
Treatment options available for rosacea are:
- Oral antibiotics: Antibiotics are used to fight bacteria and reduce inflammation resulting from rosacea.
- Medications that reduce redness: Certain medications which come in the form of gels, when applied on the affected area, help in constricting blood vessels thus reducing the redness.
There are certain measures that you can take to prevent rosacea, some of them are:
- Use sunscreen: Use a sunscreen to prevent damage from sun exposure, make sure the sunscreen has a SPF count of 25 or more. However, the SPF measure should be determined by your skin texture.
- Use gentle products on your skin: Use a mild cleanser to clean your skin and make sure to moisturize on a daily basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.